Call recording in Realme smartphones is an essential feature in today’s world. Whether it’s for documentation or security purposes, this feature is one of the most sought-after in any smartphone. Moreover, ever since Google updated its API settings in the accessibility section, third-party apps have had no access to call recording on Android smartphones. At first, some app developers had found a loophole in Google’s Accessibility Settings. This allowed them to create apps which took advantage of this loophole, especially in Android 10 or above.
Since Google discovered this issue, it has completely banned all third-party call recording apps on Android. As a substitute, Google’s latest updates have allowed smartphone manufacturers to add Call Recording features to their in-house Phone app. However, these can be difficult to use. So, if you own a Realme phone, we’re here to help you understand the steps for call recording in Realme smartphones. Without further ado, let’s get started!
How to record calls in Realme smartphone?
Realme launched in 2018 and has since produced some excellent devices. This has propelled the company to new heights, making it one of the biggest smartphone manufacturers in the country. If you own a Realme smartphone, and can no longer access third-party apps to record your calls, here’s what you can do:
- Unlock your Realme smartphone and head over to the Phone app.
- From the Phone app, head over to the Settings tab.
- Under Settings, find the Call Recording option. Opening this section will provide you with more settings regarding call recording on Realme smartphones.
- One of the options is called “Auto Recording“. If you select this option, your Realme device will automatically record all the calls you’ll get on your Realme device.
- Another option, “Record Unknown Numbers“, will automatically switch on call recording for numbers that aren’t saved on your device.
- For the “Record Specific Numbers” option, the smartphone will record the calls from the numbers you have specified or selected.
- Moreover, if you receive or make a call, your smartphone will have a “Record” option on its screen. You can tap on this once to start the call recording feature and tap it once again to switch off the recording.
Where is your call recording in Realme smartphone saved?
Now that you know how to record calls in Realme smartphones, along with the various available options, you must be wondering where do these recordings go. Manufacturers tend to differentiate themselves from the competition in unique and subtle ways, so each manufacturer has their own protocol for saving call recordings. In Realme smartphones, including other smartphones that use stock Android, you’ll find your call recording in the Phone app itself. Let’s see how you can check out the call recording in Realme smartphones:
- After your Call Recording facility is activated in the Realme device, you’ll have a Record button on the screen during a call.
- Press the Record button. Both you and the person at the other end of the line will be notified that the call is being recorded.
- You can click on the “Stop” button to stop the call recording when required.
- After the call has been disconnected, go to the Phone app on your Realme smartphone.
- In the Recent tab, you’ll find the list of contacts whom you’ve called or received calls from.
- The person whose call you recorded will have a small, red Microphone icon next to their contact name. This signifies that this person’s call with you has been recorded.
- Tap on the name, and the option to play the call recording will pop up directly under the contact name. You can listen to the recording, share it, or delete it directly from the Phone app.
Note: This call recording feature in Realme smartphones has been provided directly by Google. Since third-party apps are no longer allowed to record calls on Android, the Google Phone app has taken the responsibility for recording calls. However, you will not be able to find these recordings in the File Manager app of your Realme smartphone. Instead, you can share the recording directly from the Phone app. You’ll also be able to upload this recording to cloud storage services, such as Google Drive.
Advantages of Call Recording in Realme devices
Whether you’re an individual who values privacy and security or running a business enterprise, call recording is one of the most important features of your smartphone. There are various advantages to having this call recording feature, such as:
- Documenting and maintaining records to avoid breach of privacy.
- Identifying problem areas in your business and coming up with solutions for the same.
- Monitoring the quality of your business and overcoming potential issues in its growth.
- Understanding difficult situations and making better and well-informed decisions to resolve conflicts in personal or business life.
While most of these advantages pertain to a business, an individual can also take advantage of this call recording feature in Realme devices and improve personal relationships or solve disputes.
Call Recording in Realme FAQs
Although we’ve answered most of the important queries regarding call recording in Realme devices, you can check out a few more frequently asked questions below:
Where can I find my call recording in Realme?
You’ll find call recordings in the Google Phone app on your Realme smartphone. You can check out the steps we have listed above for more detailed information.
Where is call recording setting?
The call recording setting in your Realme smartphone can be found in the Google Phone app. Open the app, click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of your screen, and go to the Settings tab. You’ll find an option for Call Recording under this Settings tab.
How do I record a call on my Realme Phone without announcement?
If you want to know how to disable call recording announcement on your Realme smartphone, you’ll need to have Realme UI 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0. Moreover, you’ll also have to download the TTSLexx app on your Realme smartphone and change the Text to Speech settings.
Also read: 7 Best Voice Changer App for Android and iOS
Call recording is an important tool for any individual or business. This is a helpful documentation tool with various advantages. However, with the Google API update to the Accessibility Settings, it can be challenging to understand how the call recording in Realme devices can be utilised. Hopefully, we’ve answered all your questions and queries regarding this issue. If you have any more questions regarding this, post them in the comment section below!
Writer, researcher, and avid gamer. Geeks out over postmodern novels and the latest PC games. Usually intends all his puns.