China Unveils Global Data Security Initiative
The announcement comes a month after the United States said it was purging “untrusted” Chinese apps under a program dubbed “Clean Network”.
Highlights of the Story
- China tightly controls its own cyberspace through the Great Firewall.
- The US said it was purging untrusted Chinese apps under “Clean Network”.
China announced an initiative on Tuesday to establish global standards on data security. In addition, this is to counter U.S. efforts to persuade like-minded countries to secure their networks from Chinese technology.
Moreover, they want to promote multilateralism in the area at a time when individual countries are bullying others.
The announcement, by State Councillor Wang Yi, comes a month after the United States says it was purging “untrusted” Chinese apps under a program dubbed Clean Network.
On the other hand, it is happening due to the Trump Administration’s decision to ban Huawei, TikTok, WeChat, etc. Chinese officials, meanwhile, have accused the U.S. of imposing a double standard. In addition, to trying to sabotage the efforts of Chinese businesses to expand.
Also Read: Leaks: iPhone 12 Pro Could Have LiDAR Sensor
“Global data security rules that reflect the wishes of all countries and respect the interests of all parties should be reached on the basis of universal participation by all parties,” Wang said.
What does it include?
This initiative by China is calling technology firms to prevent the creation of so-called backdoors in their products. In addition, services that could allow data to be obtained illegally. As well as for participants to respect the sovereignty, jurisdiction, and data management rights of other countries.
It also calls for companies to not engage in large-scale surveillance of other countries. Moreover, not to illegally acquire information from foreign citizens through information technology.
The initiative does not mention the U.S. or its Clean Network program. Mr. Wang nonetheless made it clear in his announcement that the move comes in response to the White House effort.
“Bent on unilateral acts, a certain country keeps making groundless accusations against others in the name of ‘clean’ network and used security as a pretext to prey on enterprises of other countries who have a competitive edge,” Mr. Wang said, according to the transcript. “Such blatant acts of bullying must be opposed and rejected.”
Also Read: Leaked: Nokia 2.4 Renders
China tightly controls and censors its own cyberspace through the popularly dubbed Great Firewall, which has for years restricted access to firms such as US majors Twitter, Facebook, and Google owner Alphabet. This initiative is a step out of the norm for China.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.