Google Photos Not Going To Be Free Anymore? All Details Here
The company will phase out unlimited storage on Google Photos.
Highlights of the Story
- Google Photos will start charging for storage from next year.
- It will no longer offer unlimited free storage to its users.
- The pricing starts at Rs 130 per month (Rs 1,300 per year) for 100GB.
After years of free unlimited photo backups, Google Photos will start charging for storage. It will no longer offer unlimited free storage to its users for the “high quality” photos starting next year. Moreover, the company said it is ending this service from June 1, 2021.
Additionally, it comes with other Google Drive policy changes like counting Google Workspace documents, Google Photos, and spreadsheets. It will charge once more than 15 gigs on the account is used. Google is also introducing a new policy of deleting data from inactive accounts. Especially, that have not been logged in for at least two years.
“A remarkable 28 billion new photos and videos are uploaded to Photos every week. To welcome even more of your memories and build Google Photos for the future, we are announcing a change to our storage policy,”Google said in a tweet.
Also Read: 9 Things To Do With Your New Android Phone
Starting June 1, 2021, new photos and videos uploaded in High quality will begin counting towards your 15GB of Google Account storage.— Google Photos (@googlephotos) November 11, 2020
Learn more here: https://t.co/SuS34HFjAu
All photos and documents uploaded before June 1st will not count against that 15GB cap. Only photos uploaded after June 1st will begin counting against the cap. Google claims that roughly 80% of Photos users won’t hit their cap for about three years after the new policy goes into effect.
“As your storage nears 15 GB, we will notify you in the app and follow up by email,” Google informed. If users want more storage, they will have to pay monthly for a Google One subscription, which starts at Rs 130 per month (Rs 1,300 per year) for 100GB.
Google also said it will offer a new free tool next summer. Additionally, it will help Photos app users easily manage their already backed up media.
On the other hand, Pixel owners will still be able to upload high-quality (not original) photos for free after June 1st without those images counting against their cap.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 15000
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi
- Recently OPPO launched its latest smartphone, OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G. Speaking of the name first, Oppo could have used some other short and crisp name and yes there is 5G also. Here is a quick review of the all-new OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G in just 2 minutes. Design As for the design, there has been…
- How To Win A OnePlus 9 For FREE?
Latest ReviewsView All
- Read the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra review to know if it is really the best camera phone of the year.