With the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, we hope you’re truly following “Stay home, stay safe” in letter and spirit. In this article, we’re going to tell you about the “Aarogya Setu” app download, which has been launched by the Government of India to better inform its citizens about CoVID-19. Aarogya Setu roughly translates to “Bridge to Prevent Disease”. This will help the general populace be aware of the latest health and safety tips issued by the government, and also help us all practice social distancing better. The app is available on both Android and iOS. In order to download and install Aarogya Setu app, follow the steps below.
How To Download And Install The Aarogya Setu App
- If you’re an Android user, then go to the Google Play Store and download Aarogya Setu app from there. Alternatively, you can download it from the link here.
- If you’re an Apple user, then you can use Aarogya Setu App by going to the App Store, or by clicking this link.
- On the terms and conditions page, the App will request device location, Bluetooth, and data sharing permissions. You’ll have to agree in order to use the app. It’s been clarified that the data will only be shared with the Government of India.
- After this, turn on your Bluetooth and grant access to the app.
- Enter your mobile number and verify it via OTP.
- The app will then ask for your personal information like name, age, gender, etc., fill that up.
- This will be followed up by the app asking you for a self-assessment, to see if you have any symptoms of the virus. This includes questions like:
- What’s your age and gender?
- If you are coughing repeatedly or facing any trouble breathing?
- If you have any existing medical issues like diabetes, hypertension, or any other cardiac ailment?
- Whether you have taken any international trips in the past 14 days?
- In order to make the best use of the Aarogya Setu app, make sure to answer all questions honestly and accurately.
- Based on your answers, you’ll see your susceptibility to the Coronavirus.
So what exactly are the benefits of the Aarogya Setu App?
By using the Aarogya Setu app, if you ever come across a CoVID-19 patient whenever you leave the house, the app will give you an alert. However, this will only happen if the patient has registered themselves on the app too.
Normally, the app will show a green bar along with the message “you are safe”. If you come across an infected person or a high risk zone, ten this green bar will turn red and you will get an alert.
If you meet someone who later develops symptoms of Coronavirus, then also you will get an alert along with steps that you should follow going forward.
How To Register Yourself For CoVID Vaccine Using Aarogya Setu App and CoWIN Website: Step by Step Guide
How does it work?
When additional devices with the same app come within the Bluetooth range of your phone, the Aarogya Setu App on mobile phones recognises them. When this occurs, both phones securely transfer a digital certificate of the interaction, including the time, proximity, location, and length of the contact. This information is kept on everyone’s devices. If someone you’ve interacted with within the previous 14 days tests positive for covid, the app predicts your risk of infection depending on how close you were to that person. The software then suggests a course of action.
The activity is shown on the app’s home screen. The app also offers appropriate medical measures as needed. The app also includes a list of ICMR-approved labs that provide covid19 testing. In addition, it lists the number of confirmed, recovered, and died covid 19 cases per state.
How To Download Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate Online
Want to Sell your phone online or recycle old mobile phones. Cashify is the place to go for; check out now.
You can also share the app by pressing the share button, so all your friends and family can register themselves and be careful whenever they go out. When you download the Aarogya Setu App, you also have an option that allows you to donate to the PM CARES Fund.
Hence we would advise you to use the app to be careful, and stay safe in your homes until the pandemic can be brought under control.