How To Convert Any TV Into A Smart TV?
You can convert TV to smart TV in various methods without spending a lot of money. Almost every television sold nowadays is smart. It has an internet connection and can stream music and movies from Disney+ Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video, Spotify, and YouTube. Read this article to know more.
Table Of Contents
- 1How to convert normal Tv into smart tv?
- 2Devices that convert TV to smart TV
- 3Let us see what each device has to offer:
Highlights of the Story
- A smart TV has an internet connection and can stream music and movies from all OTT platforms.
- What if you already have a perfect old TV and don’t want to spend the money on a new smart TV right now?
- Here, we’ll show you how to turn just about any ordinary TV into a smart TV.
You can convert TV to smart TV in various methods without spending a lot of money. Almost every television sold nowadays is smart. It has an internet connection and can stream music and movies from Disney+ Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video, Spotify, and YouTube. What if you already have a perfect old TV? But don’t want to spend the money on a new smart TV right now? Do you have to put up with your TV’s “dumb” operating system? Are you missing out on great audio and video streaming applications and other contemporary conveniences? Not at all. First, let’s put some light on what makes a television smart.
How to convert normal Tv into smart tv?
You may convert TV to smart TV in several methods, the best of which is to purchase an intelligent media player (also known as a streaming device) and connect it to your TV’s HDMI connector. Smart media players come in various sizes and styles (and smart operating systems). As a result, you must choose a media player that works well with your other home devices, such as your smartphone, smart speaker, tablet, computer, and smart home gadgets. Because everything hinges on how well your gadgets and smart TV communicate with one another. So, before you choose a media player for your existing TV, be sure to verify the following items:
- What operating system is installed on your smartphone and tablet?
- Do you wish to play video games on your television?
- Which ecosystem is used by your smart speakers and smart home devices?
- Do you have an old PC or laptop that you aren’t using anymore?
Add an android media player, or you can also look for Chromecast to convert TV to smart TV.
If you and your family generally use Android smartphones and tablets, a Chromecast or an Android TV-based smart media player is the ideal option. Those devices come with Google Case, which can quickly stream your favourite music and films locally or through audio and video streaming applications like Netflix, Prime Video, Spotify, YouTube, and others. Want to know more about how to convert TV to smart TV? Read on
Devices that convert TV to smart TV
The Xiaomi Mi TV Stick, Realme 4K Smart TV Stick, Nokia Media Streamer and MarQ by Flipkart Turbostream are Android TV-based products. These devices run the entire Android TV OS and have a remote control, so you don’t have to depend on your smartphone or tablet to manage video playing and volume.
They also have native music and video streaming applications. They’re also compatible with Android phones, tablets, smartwatches, and Google Home-enabled smart speakers. They also come with Google Assistant, which you can use to receive answers to your queries, search for information on the internet, and operate smart home devices with the remote controller.
Let us see what each device has to offer:
Apple TV 4k
If you own a lot of Apple devices, such as iPhones, iPods, Apple Watches, and Macs, you should consider purchasing an Apple TV to convert your non-smart TV into a smart TV. Yes, it will cost four times as much as competing for video streaming devices that use Google’s Android TV OS or Amazon’s Fire TV OS, but they are four times as fast and smooth, have more storage, and can even play games. You may now use AirPlay 2 to broadcast audio and video from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac to the Apple TV. You can even use the Apple TV to mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. It also allows permission to all of the streaming audio and video apps. It is the easiest way to convert TV to smart TV.
Fire TV stick to convert TV to smart TV
If you have a tablet or smartphone of Android and the rest of your smart home gadgets are Alexa compatible, the Amazon Fire TV is the way to go. Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick 4K are the three various Fire TV devices available in India. It is the most recommended method to convert TV to smart TV.
Choose the Fire TV Stick Lite if you have a 1080p TV, Fire TV Stick Lite and the Fire TV Stick 4K if you have a 4K TV. These devices have Apple TV+, Disney+ Hotstar, Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, and all of the major music and video streaming applications. They also come with Alexa and a remote controller. It is used to operate compatible smart home devices and acquire answers and information from the internet.
Gaming consoles to convert TV to smart TV.
You may utilize an Xbox or a PlayStation to convert TV to smart TV because those game consoles have access to applications such as Disney+ Hotstar, Prime Video, Netflix, and YouTube. They also feature a lot of storage capacity, so you can save real audio and video files on the device instead of streaming them over the internet. They do, however, have their own set of drawbacks.
The controllers that arrive with the Xbox and Playstation are challenging to operate. You must purchase a multimedia remote controller for them for an extra fee. Another peculiarity of these game consoles is that they will not work with your smart home devices or accept broadcasts from your television. You can use the best regular TV to smart TV converter for best performance.
• All recent Xbox and PlayStation game consoles may also be used to stream television. Without a dedicated smart TV, you can stream Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, YouTube, Apple TV+, and more on numerous Xbox and PlayStation models.
• The Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X are all excellent smart TV alternatives. Many streaming channels are accessible on the Xbox 360; however, there are fewer app downloads now that the system is older to help you convert any TV into smart TV.
• The PS5, PS4, and PS3 are all capable of streaming and supporting the most popular streaming services.
The most recent Chromecast is a complete streaming gadget to convert normal TV to smart TV. The new Chromecast has Google TV integrated, whereas previous Chromecasts only enabled you to stream movies, programmes, and other material through an Android or the Chrome web browser. With compatibility for all primary streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and HBO Max and a full-featured Play Store with hundreds of other applications to install, Google TV will take your regular TV to the next level.
The first-generation Chromecast devices, including the third-generation Chromecast, lack remote controllers or specific interfaces that resemble smart TVs. They’re only used to project material from other devices. Follow this to convert TV to smart TV. The most recent version of Google Chromecast costs $3,299 and allows you to stream music and films over the internet. However, it does not come with remote control, so you will have to rely on a smartphone or tablet to operate it. The new Chromecast with Google TV has a remote control. However, it is currently unavailable in India.
If you love to enjoy watching the latest movies at home, then this is the right option to look for. It can make your movie watching a great experience without any hassles. All you need to do is install the box, and a treasure box of the latest entertainment in high quality will be there with you.
Tata Sky Binge
One of the most loved options for the movie freaks and the couch potatoes is using Tata Sky binge. Why not binge on some popcorn at your home and enjoy watching the latest movies and shows in HD quality.
If you’re into cloud gaming, the NVIDIA Shield is a must-have. This high-end gadget converts any TV into a smart TV and can also stream games to a GeForce-powered PC. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Plex, Google Play Movies, and the NVIDIA Games app are all pre-installed on the Shield. You may also install any other streaming service accessible in the Play Store, such as Hulu, Disney+, and Apple TV+ because Android TV powers shield to convert any TV into smart TV.
With Shield TV, you can utilize Chromecast technology to cast apps from your Android or content from Chrome to your TV, much like most other streaming devices.
For each TV, TiVo offers a variety of streaming device alternatives. The TiVo Stream 4K is the most economical and familiar choice, offering high-quality streaming from over 5000 applications such as Netflix and more.
Even if your TV isn’t smart, you may upgrade it to one without spending a fortune. Now you can connect your TV to the internet, fire up your favourite streaming applications like Netflix and Hulu, and watch anything you want, whenever you want, by attaching a streaming device or game console to your regular TV’s HDMI connection. We’ll show you how to turn just about any ordinary convert TV into smart TV.
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…