The Copy feature has been available on computers for several years now, this essentially allows you to store the text in the clipboard of the device and then paste it at a convenient location.
Table Of Contents
- 1How to Copy and Paste Text
- 2How to Copy and Paste a Link
Highlights of the Story
- Copy and Paste functionality have existed for several years on computers that we use
- With the advent of smartphones, copying and pasting text become more popular and necessary
- Modern smartphones come with a significant size clipboard allowing you to copy text to the clipboard and paste it when required easily
The ability to copy and paste text has existed for quite some time in the computers, we’ve used it to copy text from one file to another. This feature also allows us to copy text from a webpage on the internet and then use it in our projects or other documents.
Also Read: How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!
If you are a regular smartphone user then it is very likely you would have been in a situation where you would have needed to copy-paste some information from one app to another or even within the app. For Example, while WhatsApp allows you to forward a message from one user or group to another within the app, there is no such provision if you wish to send the same message on another app, such as Instagram.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
This is where the copy and paste feature on Android comes in very handy, the process is very easy and just involves a few steps. The copy and paste feature in Android and other devices ensure you do not have to repeatedly type any part of the information. If you are wondering how to copy and paste text information on Android, this guide tells you exactly how to do it.
Note: The method described below is the common way to copy and paste on Android versions from Lollipop and all the way up to Android 10, although this guide is generic but some devices might have a slightly different implementation depending on the Android skin it is running on such as MIUI, ColorOS and more.
How to Copy and Paste Text
- First, find the text that you wish to copy, this can be from a website, a message from an app, or a note from your note-taking app
- Once you have located the text that you wish to copy, tap and hold on the text
- Two handles should now pop-up around the selected text, tap and drag the handles to highlight the text that you want to copy and paste
- In the small menu that has popped up, tap on Copy option
- Open the app and the screen where you want to paste this copied information, tap and hold in the empty space where you want to paste the text
- In the small menu that has popped up, you can tap on the Paste option to get all the text that you have copied. You can alternatively also choose the Paste as Plain text option if it is available to only paste the text and skip the rich media content
How to Copy and Paste a Link
While the above method shows you how to copy a simple text from one app to another, however, if you wish to copy a link from a browser, the process is mostly similar with a few simple changes. Here’s how to copy and paste a link.
- Open the browser and find the link that you want to copy and paste
- Tap and hold on the link till a pop-up menu appears
- Now, tap on the Copy Link address option from the menu
- Tap and hold on the empty space in the app where you wish to paste the data
- Tap on the paste option from the different options that have popped-up to paste the link in the text area
You can also choose to directly share a link by copy the text from the address bar as indicated in the image above. Many modern smartphones also come with a clipboard, this allows you to select from your recent copied text and media allowing you to paste them again easily. The process is similar even in this case and you can easily follow the steps above to copy and paste data from one app to another or within the same app.
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…