How To Download and Save Instagram Reels on Android and iOS
Here we take a look at how to download Instagram Reels videos on Android and iOS devices.
Highlights of the Story
- Instagram launched Reels back in 2020 with the ban of TikTok in India.
- One can download them on your device and watch them offline using these steps.
- All of these methods are free of cost.
Are you wondering, “How to download Instagram reels on your device?” considering how the app does not have a download offline option available. Reels gained its popularity in the last year after the ban of TikTok and created a space of its own for short videos. However, TikTok had it really easy to download and share videos although the former does not. In this article, we will tell how you can download Reels on Android or iPhone.
Instagram Reels: How to Save
This is how you can save Instagram Reels within the app, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram > tap search > open the Reels video that you want to download.
- Otherwise, you can also visit the profile > hit the new Reels tab, which is now next to the IGTV tab > select the Reels video that you’d like to download and open it.
- Once the video loads, hit the three-dots icon > tap Save.
- To access the saved Reels video, go back to Instagram’s home screen > tap your profile icon > tap the hamburger icon > tap Settings > go to Account > go to Saved.
- You’ll find your recently saved videos inside the All Posts folder.
How to Download on Android
If you want it for offline use apart from the app – then do not worry! There is a way to do so in which you can download the Instagram Reels on you Android device.
- First, you will need to go to Google Play and download –Video Downloader for Instagram – Repost Instagram.
- After installing the app, open it and set it up.
- After the app is set up, go to Instagram and select the Reels video that you’d like to download, and open it.
- Now hit the three-dots icon and tap Copy Link.
- Open the recently downloaded Video Downloader for the Instagram app and the URL that you just now copied will automatically be pasted there.
- Now go to your phone’s gallery and you will find the Reels video. You can then edit or even share it with others via third-party apps.
Instagram Reels: How to Download on iPhone
There is an option for people to download an iOS app to save Instagram Reels. It’s called InSaver. Here’s how use it:
- Open the App Store, search for the InSaver app, and download it.
- After installing, you open the app and provide it with the required app permissions.
- Now, tap on the ‘Launch Instagram’ option on the home screen to head to the Instagram app.
- Select the Reels you want to save from Instagram, tap on the three-dotted menu to copy the Reels link.
- Once copied – go back to the InSaver app and the Reels will appear. Now, tap on the ‘Repost’ option to save the Instagram Reels to your camera roll.
On the other hand, you can also screen-record the video/ Instagram Reels you want to save on your device. One should note that this option mentioned above is as of now free of cost.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
- iQOO 7 Camera Review - Stock Camera Vs Gcam Comparison
- iQOO 7 Extreme Gaming Test - PUBG, COD Mobile, and Asphalt 9 Gameplay
- All truths revealed about the most-awaited 5G availability in India
- Mi 11X Pro vs OnePlus 9R vs iPhone 11 Full Comparison
- 25 most interesting questions with the gaming beast, iQOO 7 5G