PTRC stands for Professional Tax Registration Certificate. It is a document issued to Indian professionals, including doctors, business owners, lawyers, etc., to run their businesses and practice their professions. If you don’t know how to download PTRC challan online, this article is for you. We will shed light on each step in depth. However, before diving deep into the steps to download the PTRC challan, let us first understand what PTRC is.
What is PTRC?
In India, citizens need to pay various types of taxes. And, if you are from Maharashtra, you need to pay PTRC tax. The tax amount varies from state to state. Usually, it is deducted from the citizen’s salary.
Now, the Maharashtra government has started the facility of PTRC payment and PTRC challan download online. Therefore, there is no need to visit any office to get the PTRC challan.
Here one question will pop into your mind – what is a PTRC challan?
Read on to get its answer.
PTRC challan is the payment form. It is used to pay professional tax in Maharashtra.
PTRC Tax Slab
The government has prepared different slabs for the PTRC tax. In it, the professional tax is as follows.
- PTRC depends on your monthly salary. If you are a man earning Rs. 7500 or less per month or a woman who is earning less than Rs. 10000 per month, you don’t need to pay PTRC tax.
- Now, if you are a man earning more than Rs. 7500 per month or a woman earning more than Rs. 10000 per month, you will have to pay Rs. 175 tax per month.
- If you do not pay tax on time, you need to pay a penalty fee of up to Rs. 1000, depending on your salary.
Important Documents Required for PTRC
Here is a list of important documents that you must have for PTRC.
- Cancelled cheque
- Passport size photo
- PAN card
- Electricity bill
- Aadhar card
- Business information
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- Number of employees
Also read: What Is Bloatware? Let’s Dig Into It
Who Gets PTRC Exemption?
A few people get an exemption from the PTRC payment from the government. Let’s check out who they are.
- Physically or mentally challenged person.
- Citizens whose age is 65+.
- Army, Navy, or Air Force personnel.
The Distinction Between Professional Tax And Income Tax
The professional tax you need to pay to the state government and its tax rate are different in every state. The reason behind it is that the professional tax is imposed by the state government. That’s why it is vital for working professionals to fill the PTRC challan to obey the state government’s laws for professionals.
On the flip side, the income tax is what you need to pay to the central government. Its rate is fixed for every state because it is imposed by the central government on individuals.
Still with us?
Let’s move to the next section and learn how to make PTRC payments online.
How to Make PTRC Payment Online?
Here are a few steps that you need to follow in order to make a PTRC payment online.
- First, visit the official website of the Department of Goods and Services Tax, Government of Maharashtra – https://mahagst.gov.in/en.
- Click on the e-Payments option.
- Now, select e-Payment-Returns and enter your TIN number to log into the website. Click on Next.
- Once you log into the website successfully, you will see MTR Form No. 6. It will include all of your information and TIN. Fill in all the details precisely because you won’t be able to change them once it has been submitted.
- Now, select either a monthly or annual payment schedule as per your tax liability.
Also read: How To Use Android TV? A Guide For Dummies!
- If you are paying tax on behalf of your employees, use Form ID – VIII. If this does not apply to you, select “Other.” After that, select the relevant remark from the drop-down menu.
- Tap to submit the form. You will get GRN – Government Request Number right away. Now, you can click on “Pay” to finish the professional tax transaction.
- You can save the receipt, which will appear after the successful transaction.
How to Download PTRC Challan?
After successful payment of PTRC, if you want to download the challan online, you need to follow the below steps.
- Go to the official website of the Department of Goods and Services Tax, Government of Maharashtra – https://mahagst.gov.in/en.
- Now, select – Other Acts Registration and from that, click on RC download.
- After that, the new webpage will open, and its screen will be like this.
- Enter the PAN card number/ TIN number.
- Click on the “Get Status” button.
- After that, you will be able to see the PTRC challan on the next web page and download it.
- Save this challan. So, you can show the government that you have paid your professional tax.
Also read: How To Use Android Phone As Laptop Speaker?
Here we come to the end of this article. Hopefully, now, you understand how to download PTRC challan online. Still, if you have any queries regarding it, you can mention them in the comment section below.
Content Copy Writer with over 6 years of professional writing experience and hold a Master’s Degree in IT. I help businesses grow organically with captivating content & strategic social media tactics.