Clash Royale is a game that is pretty straightforward for the most part. From getting cards to climbing up the tiers, it is not complex. However, it is undoubtedly very challenging. Not only does the match up system get pretty unfair at times, it requires a ton of strategy and elixir management to win matches.
Also read: 10 Best Tips & Tricks To Win Among Us Game
However, one myth that we will bust straight away is that you need legendary cards to win matches. This is so not true. You do not need legendary matches to win matches and there are plenty of alternatives to them. We talk about these alternatives later on in this article. However, without any further ado, these are the top ways you can get legendary cards for free in Clash Royale.
Clash Royale: Top ways to get free legendary cards
#1 Getting more trophies
Once you’re at 3000 trophies or the legendary tier, you can purchase legendary cards. These legendary cards will show up in the shop. Moreover, you can get them for 40,000 gold. Besides, another thing to make sure is that you are above level seven. If not, you will not be able to get your hands on these cards even if you have enough gold.
Furthermore, you can get gold by opening chests, winning matches, and donating unwanted cards. You can also purchase gold for Gems in the shop.
When you reach the Royal Arena, which is, 2000 trophies, you will be able to get legendary chests in your chest cycle. Additionally, King’s chests will be replaced by Legendary King’s chests as well. These chests give you a guaranteed legendary card.
#2 Joining an active clan
You can take part in clan wars if you are level 8 or above. On Collection Day, you can battle 3 times with your own cards to earn Clan Cards. Moreover, you will use these Clan Cards to build a War Deck for War Day. On War Day, you can take up only one battle. The clan getting the most War Day victories will win the war. Coming 1st or 2nd will give away clan trophies so you can progress through the clan leagues. At the end of the War Season, you’ll receive a War Chest. Moreover, this chest is based on your Clan League and the highest-ranked war you have participated in.
- You must have 10 participants to start a war.
- If you reach Legendary Ist league, you will have a guaranteed legendary card in your War Chest!
#3 Keep battling
Each chest you get is on a chest cycle. There are 240 chests in one cycle. A legendary chest will appear once every two cycles after you get to Royal Arena. If you never lose, you can get a legendary chest in every 480 battles. Moreover, as you progress through the tiers, there are chests that provide a guaranteed legendary. So, just keep battling.
#4 Competing in challenges
Clash Royale holds a challenge every time they release a legendary card. You can take part in this challenge to get the newly released legendary card for free. However, there is a catch. These challenges are not easy. You need to compete with other people and get 12 wins to get your hands on the legendary. Moreover, the reward chest gives you a very good chance of getting not just a legendary but 22,000 gold as well.
#5 Complete your quests in Clash Royale
The quests are in-game tasks that, if you complete, gives you rewards. These tasks include Open 10 Chests, Play Cards that Cost 2 Elixir or Less, Donate 4 Rare Cards and more. Besides, you can also skip a quest for free every 24 hours.
- Mega Lightning and Legendary King’s Chests are 500 points.
- Legendary chests are 400 points to unlock.
- Epic chests are 350 points.
- Giant and magical chests are 300 points.
- Lightning chests are 250 points.
- Golden chests are 50 points.
- These will have no opening time. The extra points you earn get carried over to the next chest.
#6 Open silver, crown, gold, giant, magical, and clan chests
These chests are very important. All these chests have a small possibility of containing a legendary card. You cannot let that possibility slide.
Clash Royale: Legendary Cards Alternatives
As we said before, it is a myth that you need legendary cards to win the game. There are multiple alternatives to using legendary cards. In addition, many top players rarely use legendary cards in their competitive deck. So, these are the best alternatives for the different legendary cards in the game:
- Replace Princess and Ice Wizard with Archers, Tornado, Ice Spirit, or Arrows.
- Replace Lava Hound with Golem* or Baby Dragon (this will change the deck significantly).
- Swap out the Graveyard with Skeleton Army or Skeleton Barrel (this will change the deck significantly).
- Swap Electro Wizard with Musketeer, Archers, or Zappies.
- Put in Zap, Arrows, Or Tornado instead of The Log.
- Sparky can be swapped with Balloon, Bowler, or Executioner.
- Add Baby Dragon or Minion Horde for Inferno Dragon (this will change the deck significantly).
- Replace Night Witch with the Witch or Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- Put in mini P.E.K.K.A. or Rage for Lumberjack (this will change the deck significantly).
- Swap Bandit for Dark Prince or Knight.
- Replace Miner with Knight or Goblin Barrel (this will change the deck significantly).
- Swap the Royal Ghost with Dark Prince, Bandit, or Valkyrie.
- Change Mega Knight for P.E.K.K.A, Dark Prince, or Knight.
- Instead of Magic Archer, use the Dart Goblin or Princess.
- Replace Ram Rider with Hog Rider or Battle Ram.
- Fisherman can be replaced with Tornado or a building card.
You’ve finally learned that there are many methods available for obtaining the red legendary in Clash Royale. Therefore, we provided you with the simplest and most effective ways for getting a free Legendary Card.
Legendary Chests and other strong cards may be obtained quickly in-game using these tactics by many professional players. Legendary cards are hard to come by, but if you stick with the game, you’ll eventually get your hands on one.
We hope that these tips to get legendary cards in Clash Royale lands you your favorites!
Always on the quest to learn and share the knowledge. Big fan of books (but not the self help ones) specially fiction. A grammar Nazi who loves to eat, cook, travel and watching thunderstorms.