How To Go Live On Facebook Using Your Android Smartphone or PC
Live streaming has been available on Facebook since 2015 and has been a massive hit since then. It is used by companies to show their product launches live and by everyday common users to share moments with their friends and family. Going live allows users to connect with the streamer and show real-time reactions or ask questions making it a huge success.
Highlights of the Story
- Live streaming allows users to interact in real-time with the audience and offer content accordingly
- It also enables the viewers to engage with the streamers by showing reactions and adding comments
- Live streaming is used by brands, organizations, and celebrities to actively engage with their users easily.
To go live on Facebook with your Android device you will need the official app from the Google Play Store, on PC the same can be fulfilled easily too. In this guide, we show you step-by-step on how to go live on Facebook using your Android device or your PC. Live streaming on Facebook requires an active internet connection for the duration of the stream
How to go live on Facebook from your Android Device
To go live on Facebook with your Android smartphone, launch the app and tap on the Go Live button if you can see it on the main page, else, click on the What’s on your mind section to compose a new post. Here look for the Go Live option and click on it. You will now be asked to grant access to your Device camera and microphone if you haven’t done it before. Start off by choosing which camera feed you want to broadcast, you can switch between the two cameras using the camera button to the top of the display, you can even toggle flash using the icon beside it.
Now, proceed to add a description to the live stream to let your users know exactly what they are looking at, you can also add emojis, and tag a user or a location to the live stream. The next step is to add users and it can be easily done by tapping on the user icon to invite users to the stream.
You can also add filters or frames by selecting the magic want and choosing the different options. Then hit the Start Live Video option to Start streaming. You can also select who will see the live video by selecting the Live Settings option, you can restrict it to specific friends, all friends or anyone. This is available to the upper left of the screen and once you are done configuring you can go live.
- Open the Facebook App on your Android Device
- Tap on the What’s on your mind section to the top
- Select the Go Live option
- Choose the front or the rear camera by tapping on the Camera icon to the top of the screen
- Add a title and a description to the live stream, you can additionally include a location or emojis
- Now invite your Facebook friends to the live stream by tapping on the Bring a Friend option to notify the user
- Add filters and frames, or even simple text to the live stream by selecting the Magic Wand
- Configure the privacy settings by selecting who is allowed to view the Live video
- Tap on the Start Live Video button to start streaming to the audience
You can stream a Live Video for up to four hours, tap on the finish button to stop the streaming and share the recording to your timeline if you wish.
How to Go live on Facebook with a PC
Going Live on a PC is a less popular option as most people don’t have access to a PC all the time, however, it can be very helpful if you want to connect an external camera and stream live from it. To get started open Facebook on your computer and sign in to your account. Expand the Create post section by clicking on the three dots, now you can select the Live Video option. The next step is to set up a few things before you go live.
Most of the settings are simple if you have already used the Android version, you will need to add a title and a description to the live stream. Then decide who can view it, you can also add users or locations. There is no option to customize streams with filters as we have seen in the Android variant.
Step by step instructions:
- Navigate to the Facebook website and sign in to your account
- Click on the Create Post section and click on the three horizontal dots to expand options
- Select the Live Video option to start
- Add the details such as a Title, Description, location, and other details
- Select who can view the video by customizing the preferences
- Click on Go Live option to the bottom right corner to start live video streaming from your computer
- Once you are done with the stream you can select the finish option to end the stream and publish it to your wall
Live streaming is possible across multiple platforms using YouTube, it is extremely simple with an Android device as it comes with a camera included and you can start shooting videos easily with ease of access and portability, however, in some situations where you need to stream professional content, using a PC might be a better option as it allows connecting to professional external cameras for live streaming the content.
- This is the Right Time To Sell Samsung Galaxy Note 9Thu, 13 Aug'20This is the best time to sell your old Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
You May Also ReadView All
With leaks and rumors floating around, it’s time to take a look at the most anticipated new phones coming in 2020. We already know the big trends of 2020: 5G is coming, along with it will come bigger batteries in our smartphones, faster speeds, more and better cameras that allow you to zoom further, capture ultra-wide images and get more detail in pictures. Of course, 2020 will also be a hugely important year for foldable phones, an experiment barely launched in 2019, foldable phones should prove their worth in 2020 and compete against traditional smartphones.
With the amount of task processing that today’s smartphone SoC has to accomplish, a good battery backup is a must to have. If your usage also involves a fair amount of gaming, using navigation and the likes, 4000mAh battery mobiles are what you need. 4000mAh battery phones in India have topped the sales rank because of the fact that a fully charged phone will last well for the whole day long depending on how heavily a user uses it. Especially 4000mAh battery phones are mostly bought as the prices are nominal for most individuals. Cashify could help you bridge the premium amount by selling the old phone and receiving the sold amount with just one click at your doorstep. We have sorted out a list of the best 4000mAh battery phones that would be appropriate for users across the globe. With Cashify’s compare option, you can differentiate prices and features easily. Our meticulously created list of Samsung smartphones with battery 4000mAh in India will provide you the most convenient way to compare prices with each other. With a single click on the name label against any phone in the list, you will be taken to the detailed specification of that phone along with a comprehensive review from the Cashify’s review experts. You can compare upto three phones at a time.
Not only this, but you could also sell your refurbished or old phone at a phenomenal cashback price from us with just a single click. Detailed specifications and expert reviews can be found on click over the mobile name in the below mentioned 4000mAh battery mobile list. Be assured, Cashify being the market leader in selling/ buying your old smartphone – you have landed at the right place to make a choice of 4000mAh battery mobile phone in India you always wanted.
Panasonic has been a mediocre performer in the Indian smartphone market for a while now. Although the company has introduced just a few smartphone models, buyers tend to neglect them often. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this Panasonic price list for you which would let you compare prices of Panasonic devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up, the decision to choose the right model with the right variant is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive collection of Panasonic price list 2020 will allow you to see all Panasonic mobiles price in India. Here you will also find a complete Panasonic mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list also contains Panasonic latest price in India. You will also be directed to an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world with all its pros and cons.
Lava is a budget Indian smartphone manufacturer. We have curated a list of Lava mobiles price list for our customers so they can compare and contrast the cost of various Lava products available in the market. Lava caters to a notable market of consumers, from ultra-budget phones to mid-range ones. Our carefully compiled list of Lava phone prices is made to ensure that you can conveniently find out the prices of different models and compare them with each other. If you click any phone’s name you will be taken to the complete Lava mobile specifications of that phone along with a brief review by Cashify’s experts. Further, if you want you can also compare Lava mobiles to see exactly what the differences are between up to three products at the same time. Going through this list could also help you find out about certain phones that you might not be aware of.