How To Hide Last Seen And Online Status On WhatsApp?
WhatsApp by default shows your Last Seen status, a timestamp at which you last opened the app to your contacts. This feature is quite unique but it also hinders the privacy of users. In case you are not comfortable sharing this information publically to your contacts you can disable this too or secretly bypass this using simple tricks mentioned below.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp displays your Last Seen status to all your contacts which somewhat breaches your privacy
- Along with this WhatsApp also shows your Online and Typing messages status publically.
- Here are few simple tricks to Hide your last seen status on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is our go-to messaging service and with so many privacy concerns this is still the most used app on our smartphone. WhatsApp includes a feature that tracks the time of all users who used the app and publically displays their last online status. The platform also shows other user actions publically such as if you type a message to your contacts, it shows the status as “Typing…” When offline it shows the “Last seen time” as the time you last used the app. And this is some information not all users are comfortable sharing with everyone.
If you haven’t disabled this setting you would have got to listen to questions like “You were online yesterday but haven’t replied to my messages” or “Why did you sleep late yesterday?” Well, if yes, then you already know that the online status of Whatsapp messenger brings such questions to our daily life.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t tweak with technology to shield your privacy. Of course, you can and that’s why Whatsapp offers a few settings to let you have everything in customized mode, including Whatsapp Last Seen Status. Wondering how? Stay glued to know how to hide online and last seen on Whatsapp.
Method 1: Change in Settings to Hide Online Status on Whatsapp (For Android & iOS)
- Step 1: Open your Whatsapp and tap Menu (three dots)
- Step 2: Next, choose “Settings”
- Step 3: On the Settings page, go to “Account”
- Note: It will show you options like privacy, security, two-step verification, change number, request account info, and delete my account.
- Step 4: Choose Privacy option from the list
- Step 5: Now tap on ‘Last Seen’ from the Privacy page
- Step 6: After that, a pop up will appear, containing options like “Everyone”, “My contacts,” and “Nobody”
- Step 7: Check the box next to the option of your preference to hide your Whatsapp status
That’s it! Confirm your last seen status in Whatsapp from your friend’s phone whether it is visible or not. When you again want to show the last seen status to your contacts, change the settings to “My contacts”. This method is the easiest way of reading and responding to your Whatsapp messages without letting your contacts know that you’re online.
Also Read: How To Type In Hindi On WhatsApp!
Method 2: Use Airplane Mode to Hide Online Status on Whatsapp
Note: Before starting this method, please cross-check whether the Whatsapp version you are using should be up-to-date to the latest version.
- Step 1: Go to the phone settings to turn off the data connection. Then turn on Flight mode before opening Whatsapp
- Step 2: Now open Whatsapp and read any messages or reply to any messages that you wish to or send a new text to any of your contacts.
- Step 3: Once everything is done, leave the application and close it from recent apps menu too and then turn off the Flight mode right after that
Now The message you sent to your contacts will be delivered. At the same time, they can’t see your online or typing status. Even your last seen won’t change in case your last seen status is publically visible.
Just tapping on and off the Flight mode helps to make your online status hidden from your contacts. By now, you would know how to hide your last seen status on Whatsapp. Using this way, you can replay all messages to your contacts without knowing that you are online.
Method 3: Hide Last Seen Status on Whatsapp GB
Here’s the opposite party! For using Whatsapp GB, you are not allowed to use the original Whatsapp application. So, if you use this version, follow the below steps to hide the last seen status.
Note: Remember to remove the official WhatsApp application from your smartphone before installing GB WhatsApp.
Download GB WhatsApp from here
Once the app is set up and is ready you can use the following guide to disable Last Seen for all contacts.
- Step 1: First launch GB Whatsapp and tap on the three-dots present on the top right side
- Step 2: In the menu look for “Hide Online Status”
This setting once enabled will never show your Online status to your contacts even when you are online. And this will also disable the Last Seen time for all your contacts.
Use these 3 methods and get unseen from Whatsapp! It’s your decision to be online or offline on Whatsapp, and no one should interfere with that. Since you can control your privacy with a single touch, don’t leave a chance of getting caught into other’s eyes, especially the ones you don’t want.
Also Read: How To Send Large Video Files On WhatsApp
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.