How To Install Fortnite On Any Android Device
Fortnite has arrived for iOS way before it came over for Android. Although it was all ready to be played on Android, Epic Games had different ideas to not to put the game on Google Play Store. Here’s how to install Fortnite for Android safely.
Highlights of the Story
- Fortnite for Android is not available on the Google Play Store.
- Epic Games launched the game via an installer available on their website.
- You have to download the installer to install Fortnite on Android.
- Samsung and Epic Games are in a partnership to let Samsung users download the installer application via Galaxy Play Store available on smartphones.
- Follow this guide to install Fornite for Android safely.
Battle Royale games have got very famous in the recent past and with Fornite arriving for Android, the craze has gone up more. Although Epic Games has launched the game for Android, it is not via the Google Play Store as you might think. Instead, Epic Games have hosted the download required for the game on their own website from where you can download the APK installer file. But, are you going to the right website and downloading the trustable file? The question being asked because there are a lot of cloned phishing sites which might be risky for you.
If you are not familiar with the internet and careful enough, you might land on the wrong websites and end up being in trouble. To help you with that, here, we are going to explain to you, how to download and install Fortnite for Android.
Also read: Fortnite vs PUBG
How to download Fortnite for Android
If you are a Samsung user, Samsung has a deal with Epic Games to provide the game over its Galaxy App Store where you can download the installer app. However, you’ll only be able to download if you are using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge or later S series smartphones. Other than those, you can download it in Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and above along with Galaxy Tab S3 and above.
So, head over to Galaxy App Store, search for Fortnite and download the installer app. Then open the installer and you’ll be asked for storage permission. Agree to the permission and the download starts. Also, make sure you have at least 2GB of free space before downloading for the game to install successfully.
If you are any other smartphone or tablet user, below are the requirements for the Fortnite game to install and run properly.
- Android 8.0 or higher
- At least 4GB of RAM
- At least 3GB of free storage
- With and Adreno 530 or higher & Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
Apart from the above-mentioned specifications, if you are using an Android phone that has been rooted, unfortunately, Epic Games does not allow Fortnite to be played on rooted devices yet. However, Epic says that if they can establish enough anti-cheat mechanisms, they might allow it soon. Other than that, you can also follow a guide on XDA Developers which will help you play Fortnite on your rooted Android device.
Also read: Best educational Games
How to play Fortnite with a Gaming Controller
If you are a gamer geek and want to play Fortnite on your wireless controller that you have, Epic now allows you to connect via Bluetooth to play. Although the FAQ page on their website says that it should work with most of the Bluetooth controllers, here are some few specific ones listed there.
- Steelseries Stratus XL
- Razer Raiju
- Moto Gamepad
The last one on the list, Moto Gamepad is a Moto Mod available for Moto’s Z series of smartphones. Also, if you are planning on playing Fortnite with a wireless mouse and keyboard connected to your smartphone, Epic says that you’ll be terminated from the match.
How to Download and Install Fortnite for Android
After making sure your device meets the above requirements, follow the below steps.
- Open the browser you use on your smartphone and head over to the Fortnite homepage.
- Link: Download Fortnite for Android
- Click on Download on the page and select the platform as Mobile > Android.
- Now, enter the details to sign up or if you already have an account, just sign in and the download will start.
- If you haven’t given permission to your browser to install from unknown sources, click on Allow from this source when the pop-up arrives.
- After a successful installation, open the app.
- Select Continue and accept the Media and Storage permission by the app.
- Download starts automatically and then you can start playing Fortnite after signing into your account.
Also read: Top Smartphones to play PUBG
Although the installation procedure looks simple, always make sure you are going to the right website and downloading from a trustable source. There are a lot of phishing and cloning attacks happening in these situations. So, have a look at the URL if anything seems fishy and check by Google. If you have followed the above link and downloaded, the game will be successfully installed without any issues.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.