How to Install iOS 16 For Free Before Official Launch?
The Apple WWDC 2022 event gave us the iOS 16 on Day 1, and guess what? You can download, install and try the brand new OS RIGHT NOW! Here’s how to install the iOS 16 beta for free using an iOS 16 beta profile.
Table Of Contents
- 1How To Download & Install iOS 16 Beta Profile?
- 2How To Install iOS 16 Via Finder?
- 3iOS 16 Public Beta Release Date
- 4Things To Note Before Downloading And Installing iOS 16 Beta
Highlights of the Story
- The Apple WWDC 2022 event kicked off on June 6, 2022, and will continue until June 10, 2022.
- The brand announced their iOS 16 as the latest software version for Apple iPhones on its first day.
- The good news is that you can actually download the iOS 16 beta for free via a beta profile!
The Apple WWDC 2022 event closed its Day 1 with many surprises, including the announcement of the new iOS 16. If you are an Apple enthusiast, you may have immediately wondered how to install iOS 16 on your Apple iPhone. The good news is that you can actually download and install it quickly right now. The bad news? There will be none if you follow this guide to quickly get iOS 16 for free, as you will not be missing out on experiencing the new OS. Let’s hop right in!
How To Download & Install iOS 16 Beta Profile?
For you to download and install iOS 16, there are not one but multiple ways to do so. To make things easier for you, we have divided this detailed guide on how to install iOS 16 for free on your iPhone easily, in phases. This will allow you to understand the process better. Also, do note that this is the iOS 16 Developer Beta. The Public Beta should soon be available in a few weeks. Without any further ado, here’s a look at the step-by-step guide:
Step 1: First things first, head over to the official Apple website for developers on your iPhone using Safari.
Step 2: Here, you will see a two-dot menu on the top-left corner of the site. Tap on this.
Step 3: At the bottom of the options, you will see Account. Tap on it.
Also read: Big News: These iPhones May Not Get iOS 16!
Step 4: Scroll through and find iOS 16. Tap on it.
Step 5: On the top-right corner of your screen, spot the Download button and select it.
Step 6: You will see a popup saying, “The website is trying to open Settings to show a configuration profile” menu. Hit Allow and close the popup.
Step 7: Head over to the Settings of your Apple iPhone, and at the very top, you will see a new Profile Downloaded option. Hit it.
Step 8: Click on the Install button at the top-right corner and keep hitting install a couple of times as you come across the terms and conditions pages.
Step 9: Restart your Apple iPhone, and voila! Your iOS 16 Beta Profile should be installed.
How To Download & Install iOS 16 Beta?
Now that you have downloaded and installed the iOS 16 Beta Profile, you are all set to install iOS 16 Beta for free. Follow these steps to do so quickly:
Step 1: Navigate to the Settings of your Apple iPhone.
Step 2: Look for the General tab.
Step 3: Select Software Update.
Step 4: Tap on Download and Install on the next page.
Step 5: Tap on Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
How To Install iOS 16 Via Finder?
If you don’t want to install iOS 16 Beta the conventional way, you can download and install the iOS 16 Beta on your iPhone using your MacBook. Yes, you heard that right. It is actually very simple. Follow these straightforward steps to install the iOS 16 Beta on your Apple iPhone right away:
Step 1: Visit the official Apple Developer Website on your MacBook.
Step 2: Log in.
Step 3: Head over to Downloads.
Step 4: Under iOS 16 Beta, look for Download Restore Images and click on it.
Step 5: Connect your iPhone to your Mac via USB.
Step 6: Launch Finder on your Mac.
Step 7: Select your connected iPhone from the Finder sidebar.
Step 8: In the Summary tab, press down the Option key. Then, click on the Restore iPhone option.
Step 9: Now, find and select the iOS 16 Beta Restore File and Open it.
Step 10: Click on Restore and the installation will begin.
iOS 16 Public Beta Release Date
Usually, once the Developer Beta of an iOS version is released, the Public Beta releases a few weeks later. However, as per speculations and multiple reports, that will not be the case this year. There is no definite release date for the iOS 16 Public Beta. However, you can expect to see it land a tad bit later. We shall update you soon as soon as the release date is officially announced.
Things To Note Before Downloading And Installing iOS 16 Beta
Note that this is the iOS 16 Beta and not the Stable Build. This means that there are going to be a lot of bugs. So, it would be wise to not use your primary iPhone for this. If you do want to, make sure to back up your data. Be it a local backup or iCloud backup, do make a backup of your files.
This is a VERY IMPORTANT step that shouldn’t go unnoticed. There may be fatal bugs that could cause your iPhone to go haywire. In that case, losing your precious data would be heartbreaking, and we don’t want that. If you want to know how to backup data on your iPhone, read our detailed guide.
If you want to sell your old phone or recycle your old phone, Cashify is your way to go! Get the best resale value on your old smartphone and get rewarded instantly for recycling a phone right from the comfort of your home!
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…