GTA 5 was released all the way back in 2013. Since then, multiple advancements in smartphone technology have enabled us to emulate PC and console games on our smartphones. Despite the high resource demands of the games, smartphones have been able to handle the task quite magnificently. The scenario isn’t any different with GTA 5 either. Now, even if you don’t have a beefed-up gaming rig to play GTA 5, you can play the game on budget and mid-range smartphones. Moreover, if you’re an iPhone user, you won’t face too many issues playing the game on your iOS device. After all, iPhones tend to be far more optimised than their console counterparts regarding resource management. So, this article will give you all the necessary information on how to play GTA 5 on iOS.
Without any further delay, let’s get started!
PS Remote Play
Sony has also expanded its library to include new apps that enable users to play console games on powerful smartphones. To play GTA 5 on iOS, you’ll need to download the PS Remote Play application. Let’s check out the steps in a bit more detail.
- Go to the Apple App Store and download the PS Remote Play application.
- For this method to work, you’ll need to have a PlayStation ID. Using this ID, you can register your smartphone on the PlayStation network.
- To register your iOS device, go to the app’s Settings tab.
- Navigate to the Remote Play Connection Settings option.
- From there, connect your device with the Add Device prompt. You’ll have to enter the relevant details.
- After this, your game will be mirrored on your device, and you can play GTA 5 on your iOS device.
Also read: How To Play GTA 5 On Android For Free?
This is a more straightforward method than the PS Remote Play option. For this, you need a PC, a Steam account, and the game installed on your PC. You won’t need a dedicated PlayStation console for this method.
- Download the Steam Link application from the Apple App Store. You can find it here.
- All you’ll have to do is follow the on-screen instructions and pair your smartphone with the Steam app on your computer.
- After you’ve paired the device with your computer’s Steam app, you’ll find the Start Playing option. Tap on it.
- Your mobile’s screen will be changed to the app’s Big Picture Mode. This will enable your Steam application to be mirrored on the smartphone.
- Go to the Library option from the mirrored Steam application on your iOS device.
- Choose GTA 5 and select Play.
- You’re now able to play GTA 5 on your iPhone.
ApowerMirror is another tool that mirrors your PC screen to your smartphone and vice versa. However, it’s often better than other mirroring apps, such as Steam Link or PS Remote Play, as it can also record the screen. There’s also the option to annotate, especially if you like streaming your gameplay.
- You’ll have to download the software both on your PC and your iOS device. You can check the link for the iOS version here.
- Once the application has been installed on your PC and iPhone, you can open the app on your smartphone.
- In the middle of the screen, you’ll find the Mirror option. Tap on it.
- Ensure that your PC is also connected to the same WiFi connection. Follow the on-screen prompts, and check your iPhone’s Control Center. You’ll find the Screen Mirroring option. Select it.
- The following screen will show all the devices under the same WiFi connection. Choose your PC from the list and connect.
- Return to your PC and launch the game.
- The screen will then be mirrored on your iPhone, and you can play the game through the iOS device without any issues.
Are there any benefits to this?
Although you require either a console or a PC with GTA 5 installed for all of these methods, these applications are helpful for a couple of reasons. Firstly, you can play the game from the comfort of your bed, without having to sit on a chair for hours and play the game. Secondly, if you don’t have a powerful gaming rig and find that GTA 5 lags on your PC, mirroring the screen on your iPhone will reduce the lags; if not remove it altogether. Moreover, some players are more comfortable gaming on their smartphones than on PCs. So, it’s an excellent solution for them as well.
Hopefully, these three options give you a better idea of how to play GTA 5 on iOS. All three methods are tried and tested, with two of them featuring the official apps for both Steam and PlayStation. Now, you can play GTA 5 from the comfort of your bed. If you’re aware of any other methods for playing GTA 5 on iPhone, let us know about them in the comment section below. For more such handy tricks, keep an eye out on Cashify Blogs!