Port Your VI Mobile Connection To Airtel In 4 Easy Steps
With modern MNP services that are universally applicable across all Network Service Providers, it is easier than ever to port your number from VodafoneIdea to Airtel to avail superior network coverage or competitive plans.
Highlights of the Story
- SMS “PORT” space “YourMobileNumber” to 1900
- Save your UPC
- Take your ID proofs and last Bill to the nearest Airtel Store
- Receive, verify and activate your new Airtel Sim Card
Moved to a new location, have poor network coverage where you live, or experienced a poor time with Vodafone, and want to switch to Airtel? You must be looking for a way out of this mess by one of two possible options- either by purchasing a new Airtel phone number or porting your current one to Airtel.
As buying a new mobile number may be redundant, time-consuming, or a hassle, this article by Cashify brings you the only tutorial on porting your VodafoneIdea connection to Airtel that you will ever need.
Please note that to Port your number to any other brand, it is necessary that your bills are paid, and that you were in possession of your VodafoneIdea Sim Card for over 90 days.
Step 1: Use Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
To port Vodafone to Airtel, access the MNP Service via a USSD code. Open your messaging app, and start writing an SMS to 1900.
Type “PORT” space “Your Mobile Number” and hit send.
Do remember to type the word PORT in ALL CAPS.
Related Read: Best Budget Plans from Jio, Airtel, and Vodafone
Step 2: Save your Unique Porting Code (UPC)
Your device will receive an SMS with your UPC. Once you have that, proceed to the nearest Airtel Store to continue the process.
Step 3: Visiting the Airtel Store
Please carry the following documents required by your new Network Service Provider when you visit the nearest store for porting:
- Address proof photocopy
- Passport Size Photograph
- ID proof photocopy (Driving License / Passport / PAN Card etc.)
- Photocopy of last paid Vodafone bill (if you are a post-paid user)
There will be a Rs. 19/- porting charge along with any other plan charges that you choose when you sign up.
At the store, ask the customer care executives to assist you with the porting process. They will aid you in filling up a CAF form (Customer Agreement Form) after acquiring your UPC that had reached your phone earlier.
You will receive a new Airtel Sim Card which will be activated later.
Step 4: Activating your new Airtel Sim Card
Once your documents are verified within 4 to 7 business or working days (till which your Vodafone number will still be active), you will receive a final SMS with a verification code on your VodafoneIdea Sim Card.
Save that code as you will need it shortly. Your final step to port Vodafone to Airtel will be to replace your Vodafone Sim with your new Airtel Sim and restart your device.
When your phone has booted, call up 59059 and verify the code to activate your Airtel Mobile Connection right away!
Related Read: Important USSD Codes List in 2021for Vi, Airtel, and Jio
That was everything you need to do to port VodafoneIdea to Airtel in 4 easy steps. Save or bookmark this page to get back here easily as you cover these 4 checkpoints in a week’s time!
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…