How To Set Custom & Unique Ringtone For Any Contact (Android & iOS)
Giving custom and unique ringtones to your contacts can help you know the person calling you without picking the phone. The process is also pretty simple for both platforms (Android and iOS). You just need to follow the steps completely and your next call will sound with a new ringtone. Check out the complete steps to set the custom ringtone for your contacts.
Table Of Contents
- 1How to Set Custom Ringtones for Your Contacts?
Highlights of the Story
- Setting up a custom and unique ringtone for a particular contact is a great feature to identify the caller without even looking at the smartphone.
- If you’re using an Android device, the steps might differ slightly because of the different settings options in every other manufacturer’s smartphone.
- Here is everything you need to know for setting a custom ringtone for your contacts on Android and iOS
Receiving calls can be more fun and interesting by setting up a custom ringtone for a particular contact. This will also help you in letting know the caller’s information without even looking at the phone. You can put any sound or music as the ringtones and set unique ringtones on every contact of your device.
Setting a custom ringtone for your contacts is very simple in both Android and iOS. It’s a matter of few steps and your work will be done. Here is a guide to help you set custom and unique ringtones for your contacts.
Also Read: How To Downgrade From iOS 15 Beta To iOS 14
How to Set Custom Ringtones for Your Contacts?
The process of setting custom ringtones is very straightforward on both platforms. However, if you’re using an Android device the steps might differ a little bit as different android phones have different skins and software. But you don’t have to worry as the process is quite similar in any android smartphone. Below are the mentioned steps for Android and iPhones follow them accordingly.
Set Custom Ringtones on Android:
- Open Phone or Contacts app, we prefer Phone but you can use whatever you want.
- Tap on Contacts. Remember for this article, we are using a Samsung smartphone with One UI 2.0. So, all the images and steps will be pictured on it, if you have any other device just follow the process.
Also Read: How To Use NFC To Share Files On Android
- Now in the contact list, find the contact whose ringtone you want to change. You can do this by searching or either scrolling the list until you find the contact.
- When the contact is found tap on it and then tap the ‘i’ button. It will show you the contact information.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will find three options, tap on edit in the middle.
- After reaching the edit page, scroll down to the very bottom, where you will find a Ringtone option. Then tap on Default Ringtone, and a list of all the ringtones will appear.
- You can select any one from the list, or if you want to use any custom ringtone, then tap on the ‘+’ icon. It will allow you to pick any other sounds from your device.
- After selecting the ringtone, tap on Save, and the ringtone will be saved for that particular contact. You can repeat the same process for every contact. And that’s how you set custom ringtone on Android.
Set Custom Ringtones on iOS:
- The process for iOS is also quite similar to Android. Start by opening the Phone app.
- Now select the Contacts tab.
- From the Contacts list select the contact for which you want to set the custom ringtone. To find the contact search or scroll down the list. Once you found the contact, tap on their name, and their contact information will open up.
- Now tap on edit, and you can now add the ringtone. Scroll down to find the Ringtone option and tap on it.
- A list will appear showing all the ringtones available on your iPhone. It includes the default built-in ringtones and alert tones of the iPhones, plus any other ringtones you created or bought from Apple.
- Just tap on the ringtone you want to assign to the contact, and then select Done which will return you to the Contact’s edit information.
- Now again tap on Done in the top right corner and after this whenever the contact will call, you will hear this ringtone. You can use the same process for any other contact in your iPhone.
Also Read: How To Speed Up Old iPhone?
- We’ll compare Nothing OS Vs Oxygen OS and will know how both software integrates with your daily life. In contrast to One UI, Oxygen OS provides the closest experience to stock Android. In addition to changing the order of several headers, the OnePlus 9RT makes a few minor adjustments. However, the Nothing Phone 1, which…
- If you’re looking for a smartphone that stands out visually and has excellent performance, then the Nothing Phone 1 design is distinctive, and the device features are impressive, with a sharp display. The first thing people will observe on this phone is its lights on the backside. And next will be how it works, how…
- We’ll compare the features of the OnePlus 10 Pro Vs OnePlus 9RT, where the OnePlus 9RT has a 6.62-inch display and is driven by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G. The OnePlus 10 Pro, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and introduced three months later, were put side by side in this comparison. You may learn…
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…