How To Troubleshoot No Audio On Your Laptop?
Are you facing issues with your laptop’s audio not working? Here’s what you can do to fix it if there is no audio on your laptop.
Table Of Contents
- 1Understand the Cause of Audio problems in laptop
- 2How to fix audio problem in laptop?
Highlights of the Story
- Are you suffering from the audio not working issue on your laptop?
- We understand how annoying it is to have no sound on your laptop, and we’re here to help.
- Here are some quick and easy ways to troubleshoot no sound on your laptop.
Yeah, I know; either your laptop is acting in unexpected ways, or it’s the Windows that’s acting up due to no audio on your laptop. Am I right? Well, if that’s the case, congratulations! I have a solution for you. I agree that having no sound on your laptop is one of the most common and certainly the most annoying issues of all. So, are you annoyed too? Don’t worry! Here are some quick methods you can try to fix no audio on your laptop.
Understand the Cause of Audio problems in laptop
Even though laptop speakers aren’t the best in terms of fidelity, it’s still a pain when they stop working. Let’s have a look at the audio problem in the laptop.
To figure out what’s wrong with your speakers and fix them, look into each potential problem, try any accessible remedies, and then check to see if they work.
Below are some of the most common reasons why there’s no audio on your laptop:
- Sound settings: Minor issues such as muted speakers are frequently the cause of this issue.
- Speaker configuration: More difficult configuration issues, such as not setting the speakers as the default audio device, can also cause an audio problem on laptop.
- Outdated drivers: If your audio drivers are corrupted or outdated, replacing them with the most recent drivers can generally resolve the issue.
- Faulty drivers: Your speakers may have failed or gotten damaged due to faulty hardware.
Also read: How to Check Laptop’s Battery Health?
How to fix audio problem in laptop?
Some of you may have encountered the issue of no sound on Windows 11/10/8/7 at some point. This tutorial may assist you in fixing issues such as audio problems in the laptop. Well, don’t worry! There are quick and easy ways to troubleshoot no sound on your laptop.
Method 1: Ensure audio is not muted.
I agree; it might sound lame but let’s get the most apparent fix out of the way first. If you can’t hear anything on your computer, double-check that the audio isn’t mute. This might cause an audio problem in the laptop.
Make sure there isn’t a red circle with a slash across the speaker symbol in the bottom-right corner of your system tray. Double-click the symbol and click the blue speaker icon at the bottom of the volume indication to unmute the audio. Ensure that the audio is not disabled by clicking on Mixer. Next, ensure that audio is not muted in the audio programme you’re using. The mute button is usually located adjacent to the volume slider in most programs. Ensure the volume is loud enough to hear.
Method 2: Use the right audio output
Having audio problem in laptop? Your laptop may be playing sound through the wrong device if you have multiple audio outputs connected to your computer.
To change the playback device, click the Volume icon once again. If you have more than one device enabled, the name of the current device will appear above the volume slider. Click on the option you like to use from the list.
Also read: BGMI Rank Push: Tips to Get Conqueror Fast.
Method 3: Check for updates.
It’s possible that your speakers aren’t functioning properly if your audio driver is not up-to-date. This can also happen if your audio driver is corrupted; in that instance, simply removing the driver and then updating it for new hardware can solve the issue.
To solve the audio problem in laptop you should update the audio driver, follow the steps mentioned below to troubleshoot no audio on your laptop:
- To update the Audio driver, right-click on the Start icon in the Taskbar or press WINDOWS + X to open the Quick Access menu, then choose Device Manager from the list.
- Now, in the Device Manager, find and double-click the Sound, video and game controllers option.
- Then, from the context menu, right-click on the Realtek Audio device and select Update driver.
- Now, you have the option of letting Windows search for the best drivers on your system or manually browsing and installing one. Since the other option carries significant threat, we recommend letting Windows perform the work.
Method 4: Run audio troubleshoot
The Windows audio troubleshooter can assist you in automatically resolving audio issues on your laptop. To do so, go to Start > Settings > System > Sound and select Troubleshoot from the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, type the audio troubleshoot into the taskbar’s search box, click fix and find sound problems, and click Next.
Select the device you want to troubleshoot and follow the instructions in order to complete the process.
Method 5: Look if there are any physical issues.
If you are still getting audio problems in your laptop, there could be a hardware issue. You can take your laptop for service at this point, depending on the design, your level of knowledge, and whether or not you’re still inside the warranty period.
Method 6: Consider professional help.
If, after personally inspecting audio problems in laptops, you still can’t find anything wrong with them, you should consider taking your laptop to an expert. A professional can help fix no audio on your laptop issues. The speakers may be defective in a problematic way to detect simply by glancing at them, or there may be a problem that is too unusual and hard to resolve at home.
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…