HTC Desire 628 has more to offer than just dual colour look. While it is sure to attract attention for its distinct and trendy looks, there is a lot more that this phone offers. Dual cameras with in-built photo editor that compels you to bring the hidden photographer out of you, besides a wonderful selfie camera that makes it look real than ever. If that isn’t enough, its 5″ HD 720p display allows you a crystal clear viewing of movies.
With battery optimization feature and a power efficient processor, it makes sure that battery is consumed miserly when it matters the most. To enjoy music, movies, and gaming experience in greater detail, it is not the just the HD display but also the BoomSound that is at your service. Its sound quality is a level above any other phone in the price bracket.
This is great attempt from HTC to bring a phone to market that is good on performance and great on looks, but we are afraid that it falls short of its promise. Partly because it lacks some of the essentials that one would look at this price, like a good camera and powerful battery, but also because there are other competitors in the market that offer not just balanced overall features but simply better features. HTC Desire 628 lags behind other smartphones in similar price range like Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, LeEco Le 2, and Moto G4 Plus.
Carry style with HTC Desire 628 trendy looks and make work faster with a capable processor powering up your phone from the inside.
The 5″ HD 720p HD display offers clear picture. The pixel density is good at 294 PPI but the display quality could have been sharper. The display is dim, the colours are good but they are not helped by brightness which is average and drops to poor from angles. Overall, an average quality of display is underwhelming.
Seldom do we come across an HTC phone that is not perfectly designed, however HTC Desire 628 is one. Even though the design is impressively refreshing with glossy plastic body and accented sides, the phone is not sleek. The plastic makes the phone slippery and the grip worsens in case there is sweating. Overall, the weight of 141 gms is optimum and allows a smart holding and operating. The symmetry of the design is worthy of note but the technology could have been packed in a lesser size, especially because there is an empty bottom bezel. The sides are a bit bulky which makes the screen appear smaller than it actually is.
The 13 MP camera is placed on top-left with a flash LED below it. A noise cancellation mic can be found next to the camera. The micro-USB port is at the bottom while headphone jack at top. The phone is solidly built but it is a kind of design that appears outdated.
Even though here too it runs on the outdated MediaTek MT6753 octa-core SoC (1.3 GHz), it would be hard to find a fault in this department. In fact, it would outperform its competitors since the hardware and software are paired well. Sometimes the phone might take time to load, but that happens to the costliest phones as well. In regular light and average usage there would not be much complaint. In terms of regular usage, it can be rated higher than Samsung Galaxy 5 but lower than Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and Lenovo Zuk Z1. Quite surprisingly, the phone handles heavy games with ease and heats much less than other phones in its price-range. Using the internet on the phone is also convenient and smooth without much expected hiccups if not much burden is placed on the RAM. With the BoomSound, the sound quality is excellent and balances some of the phones shortcomings. If it is the best phone in some department, then it is music for sure.
The 13 MP camera on the back is out of vogue but reliable. The colours are good but capturing photos is not possible in low light. The photos are generally vivid and clear. The speed of camera app and focus would seem to be slow only in comparison to other phones and one feels that HTC could have done a bit more on this front to make the phone somewhat more feasible in price its bracket.
The greatest spot of bother in the phone is its 2200 mAh battery which hardly lasts for half a day. Heavy gaming would drain the entire battery. If you wish to use this phone for more than regular usage, the charger has to be carried along, and also if you are fond of videos. The fast charging feature is available but still, the battery is quite poor.
HTC Desire 628 is somewhat far from justifying its price tag. An uncharacteristic product from HTC even though neatly built and beautiful, it feels that the company could have done more in a fiercely competitive market. If the usage of phone is anything higher than average, this smartphone would be a risky pick with other options available.
- Bluetooth4.1, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height5.78 inches
- Weight142 g
- ColorBlack, White
- Width2.79 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.0 inches
- Display Resolution720 x 1280 pixels
- Pixel Density294 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio66.20%
- CPUOcta-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
- OSAndroid 5.1 (Lollipop) Sense 7 UI
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6753 (28 nm)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Single Camera13 MP, f/2.0, 28mm (wide)
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP, f/2.4, 28mm (wide)
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity2200 mAh
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, proximity
- Announced On2016, May
- StatusAvailable. Released 2016, June
Price / Buy
Get the best price for HTC Desire 628
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Apple recently had its completely online WWDC Event in which they revealed their iOS 14 operating system for iPhones. This new software release soon made its way out as a developer beta and allowed users to try out the latest features added in this year’s release. iOS 14 comes with a new picture in picture mode that allows you to minimize a video in the form of a small floating thumbnail and use them alongside a full-screen application. While this feature was already present on Android devices for a few years now, here’s how iOS 14 does it better.
- If you use your iPhone for a lot of intense and heavy data, then it is very easy to rack up the iCloud storage and run out of the free limit. It is highly recommended to have all your data backed up to the cloud to ensure that you do not lose any data at any point. If you are getting an error form iCloud saying you do not have enough iCloud storage left, there still is a way to go ahead and backup your iPhone to the iCloud. No matter how careful you are with your iPhone, at some point you might end up damaging it or losing it, it is times like these when the iCloud backup comes in very handy.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- Infinix Smart 4 Plus₹7,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreRealme C11₹7,499Add to compare