Is iPhone 12 Mini Worth Its Price? Are Compact Phones Dead?
iPhone 12 mini was launched last year in 2020 and is the smallest iPhone available right now. The smartphone is specially built for users who love small displays as it’s very handy to use. However, with the small size, the battery becomes a major concern. Let’s check whether the mini worth buying or not.
Highlights of the Story
- iPhone 12 mini was launched in 2020 as a compact flagship smartphone by Apple.
- It is very much similar to the iPhone 12 in terms of specs and hardware, the only difference is its display size.
- If you’re interested in buying the mini. Let’s find out whether it’s worth its price or not
iPhone 12 Mini came out as a surprise in 2020 with its new design and a smaller form factor. Apple also reintroduced their old flat edge design which was last seen in 2016. The Apple iPhone 12 Mini is very similar to the iPhone 12 in terms of design and specs the only difference is the small size of the Mini.
This new iPhone form factor is welcomed by a lot of users but at the same time, it was criticized too which has impacted its sales. Overall the iPhone 12 Mini is a value-for-money device with lots of features. However, due to its small design, it does have a few limitations.
If you’re wondering whether you should get this device or not. Let’s find it out!
iPhone 12 Mini Build Quality and Design
Apple never disappoints in terms of build quality. The iPhone 12 series came out with the old flat edge design which we have seen in the iPhone 5s and older. This design gives a very nice look and solid build to the iPhone 12 mini.
iPhone 12 mini is a very handy device that can be easily used with a single hand. It has a 5.4-inch display but the size of the smartphone is even smaller than the iPhone SE. This is the smallest iPhone that you can find right now.
If you have been using a 6.5-inch device, it might take some time for you to adjust. At the back, you will find two cameras similar to the iPhone 12 and they have no difference in performance either.
iPhone 12 Mini Performance
iPhone 12 mini is using the same A14 Bionic chipset that we have on iPhone12 Pro and 12 Pro Max. So, it can give you the same performance which you would expect from these more premium devices.
The performance is excellent and you simply get the same performance as its bigger siblings. The A14 Bionic is the fastest chipset in the market right now and with the smaller display on the iPhone 12 Mini, the performance is even better. Be it video editing, casual gaming, or media consumption, the performance is top-notch. The only issue can be that the display is too small to enjoy all this content.
The smartphone is running on the latest iOS 14.6 which is very well optimized. If you’re looking for a small device to give the best in class performance then iPhone 12 mini could be the one to buy.
The camera performance of the iPhone 12 mini is the same as the other Apple phone because of the same dual-camera setup. The main camera consists of a 12-megapixel primary lens and a 12 -megapixel ultrawide camera.
iPhone 12 Mini Display
Apple has started implementing the OLED displays in its all smartphones from iPhone 12 series. If you’re coming from iPhone 8 Plus or earlier, or even iPhone 11, this would be a very big update for you.
iPhone 12 mini features a 5.4-inch XDR OLED display that is quite small and great for one-hand use. The display delivers bright colours and crisp & clear pictures. Also because of its small size, you will find better sharpness in the display than on other iPhones too.
Also, a high refresh rate display is still not a thing for iPhones, and this is not specific to the iPhone 12 Mini. Even the budget range Android smartphones are getting at least a 90Hz refresh rate display, the mini is still using the 60Hz refresh rate display and this simply can’t justify the price. Although if you are coming from an older iPhone then you won’t notice any difference. But this is something Apple should look upon.
iPhone 12 Mini Battery Life
The Battery life on iPhone 12 mini is something that could be a concern for a lot of people. This device gets a 2,227mAh battery and that’s mainly because of its small size. You can’t expect it to perform on par with the battery backup on the iPhone 12 or Pro variants. But still, it can easily give you a full day of battery life for light to moderate use.
However, if you’re a very heavy user and consume a lot of media content, then don’t expect a good battery life from this smartphone. Along with this, the iPhone 12 mini supports a 20W USB fast charging.
Apple has also introduced the new MagSafe wireless charging feature that supports 12W fast charging. Although the other iPhones in the 12 series get 15W wireless fast charging.
How does iPhone 12 Mini stand with its competition?
The mini is a very unique device in terms of design. But there are still some limitations to it and that is where you find other smartphones that can be a better choice than 12 mini.
The mini is priced heavily, and if you compare its pricing with iPhone 12 you will find a difference of just 10 per cent to 15 per cent. Because of its price, getting an iPhone 12 could be a better option as you get a bigger display and a good battery backup.
If we look for smartphones in the Android world, then the latest Samsung Galaxy S21 5G can be a great buy for you. As it is the only device featuring a smaller display relative to other Android flagship smartphones. It also gets a better display and costs just a bit more than the iPhone 12 mini.
Also Read: Apple iPhone 12 Mini Review
Is iPhone 12 Mini Worth its Price?
Talking about the pricing, the iPhone 12 mini can cost you anywhere around Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 69,000. The price, the device is somewhat expensive, but if you are a fan of iOS and looking for compact a smartphone that can be used easily with one hand then the Mini is the best option right now.
The battery life is a major concern for this device. Although if you’re coming from an older iPhone like 7 or 8, you won’t find any problem with the battery. But if you’re an Android user or coming from a smartphone with a better battery and big display, then it will take a hard time for you to adjust.
This is the best smartphone for someone who is a light user and also loves small displays. Overall the iPhone 12 mini can give you best-in-class performance and a premium feel.
- If you’re looking for a smartphone that stands out visually and has excellent performance, then the Nothing Phone 1 design is distinctive, and the device features are impressive, with a sharp display. The first thing people will observe on this phone is its lights on the backside. And next will be how it works, how…
- We’ll compare the features of the OnePlus 10 Pro Vs OnePlus 9RT, where the OnePlus 9RT has a 6.62-inch display and is driven by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G. The OnePlus 10 Pro, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and introduced three months later, were put side by side in this comparison. You may learn…
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…