Mitron Launches Atmanirbhar Apps On Play Store
Mitron, an Indian App Developer, launched Atmanirbhar Apps. This app serves as a platform to promote Made in India apps. Also, the fact there are more Android users in India than any other platform makes it all the more incredible.
Highlights of the Story
- Atmanirbhar Apps is launched to promote Made In India apps
- It contains over a 100 Indian made apps
- The application is only available for Android phones
Mitron is known for being the maker of their short-video app platform. Mitron became very popular after TikTok was banned in India. Now, they have launched Atmanirbhar Apps on the Google Play Store. This will definitely give them significant leverage over their competitors. Moreover, the primary aim of Atmanirbhar Apps is to serve as a portal for Indian developers to list their apps. In other words, it indirectly promotes the Made in India initiative, big time. This is a great way to aid in the campaign.
Atmanirbhar Apps was released on October 29 on the Play Store. The Atmanirbhar app has already bagged 10,000+ installs. The app lists apps across different categories. The Atmanirbhar apps have recommendations from across various categories. These include social, entertainment, local, utility, games, shopping, health, news, e-learning and business. According to Mitron, the Atmanirbhar app portal currently lists over a 100 apps. Moreover, the Indian developer aims to increase the list to upto 500 apps by the end of 2020.
The app description reads as, “Our motto to make this app is to promote our Indian apps that help Indian customers know about Indian products and services and choose them based on their selection.”
The Atmanirbhar app portal includes several popular Indian made apps. It includes utility apps like BHIM UPI, My Gov, PMO India, mPassport Seva, UMANG, IRCTC, Rapido, Kaagaz Scanner and Online RTI. It also includes entertainment apps like JioTV, Ludo King, Raj Comics, YourQuote, TVFPlay and more. There are security and health apps like Aarogya Setu, DigiLocker, Jiva Health App and several more.
Atmanirbhar Apps: What More?
Moreover, the developers of the app have also called for Indian developers to register their apps. Registering their apps on these platforms will offer much better discoverability. Additionally, the Atmanirbhar Apps essentially lists made in India apps on its platform. Moreover, there is also a one-line description of the apps along with the number of downloads that have taken place from its listing page. The app redirects you to the Play Store for downloading the app. The app does not host apps on its portal.
Also, there is a promotional campaign running on the app right now. This aim of this campaign is to to cash in on the Indian government’s Atma Nirbhar Bharat (self-reliant India) initiative. This initiative aims to promote Indian products and services. Sticking to the initiative, the app asks its users to “take a pledge” in support of these apps. Users can do so by uploading a picture, choosing a template and sharing it on their social media handles.
Also read: Oppo K7x 5G Specs Leak, Launch Date Revealed
Atmanirbhar Apps is a great initiative indeed. This application will definitely take the Made in India program even further.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…