Galaxy Z Fold 3 Could Have Three Displays, Sliding Keyboard
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 may come with a hole-punch design for the selfie camera.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 alleged sketches leaked.
- 3D renders of the phone have been created based on leaked sketches.
- Samsung has not shared any information about a Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Galaxy Z Fold 3? Is it happening or not? If it does- it will be the next-gen foldable phone after the Fold 2 launch a month ago. There have been rumors already that the Fold3 will have a hole-punch design for the selfie camera. However, new leaks pointing towards it having a dual-hinge design and a sliding keyboard have come forward.
It looks like Samsung is working on multiple folding phones. Among them, one model is going to be the Galaxy Z Fold 3, if rumors are true. This is via some product sketches from a design patent in 2018.
The design patent according to LetsGoDigital, filed by Samsung Display during mid-2018 with the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO). Additionally, it got discovered in July this year.
They show a Samsung GalaxyZ Fold2 like-design but with another panel that also folds, and a sliding keyboard. This patent holds eight product sketches and a brief description of the Galaxy Z Fold 3.
It shows a device in its unfolded state with two hinges. Additionally, it also has a keyboard sticking out from one of the sides.
Based on the product sketches, the publication collaborated with Sarang Sheth, who is the editor-in-chief at Yanko Design (an online magazine for international product design), to create 3D renders of the phone.
According to this 3D-image, Galaxy Z Fold 3 has an additional hinge that allows another screen to unfold. This, in turn, will make it a long single display in its unfolded form. In this image, the third screen folds outwards, allowing for a usable display to always be at the top.
Additionally, from the sides of one of the folding screens, a sliding QWERTY keyboard can be seen with touch sensitive keys.
These renders show a hole-punch design for the front camera and a triple rear camera setup.
However, the design seems quite unique, but these are renders based on a patent. The report also mentions that the rumored phone will have a light indicator in the hinge. Samsung received a patent for it this month.
As of now, Samsung has not shared any information on the rumored Galaxy Z Fold 3. The images are not official, so the actual phone could look quite different when it is officially announced.
Also read: Top 10 Mobile Phones
- In the past few years, we have seen a lot of people complaining about how there is nothing new to see in the iPhones launching every year. However, this is the biggest reason for our excitement today because we now have the brand new Apple iPhone 12 straight from the Unicorn, an Apple Premium Reseller.…
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy F41 has a combination of a large and vibrant display with a powerful battery, a stunning design, and HD support.
- OnePlus 8T brings the best of features on-board with a Fluid AMOLED, 65W Warp Charge, Snapdragon 865 under-the-hood, and the latest OxygenOS 11.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.