Galaxy Z Fold 3 Could Have Three Displays, Sliding Keyboard
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 may come with a hole-punch design for the selfie camera.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 alleged sketches leaked.
- 3D renders of the phone have been created based on leaked sketches.
- Samsung has not shared any information about a Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Galaxy Z Fold 3? Is it happening or not? If it does- it will be the next-gen foldable phone after the Fold 2 launch a month ago. There have been rumors already that the Fold3 will have a hole-punch design for the selfie camera. However, new leaks pointing towards it having a dual-hinge design and a sliding keyboard have come forward.
It looks like Samsung is working on multiple folding phones. Among them, one model is going to be the Galaxy Z Fold 3, if rumors are true. This is via some product sketches from a design patent in 2018.
The design patent according to LetsGoDigital, filed by Samsung Display during mid-2018 with the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO). Additionally, it got discovered in July this year.
They show a Samsung GalaxyZ Fold2 like-design but with another panel that also folds, and a sliding keyboard. This patent holds eight product sketches and a brief description of the Galaxy Z Fold 3.
It shows a device in its unfolded state with two hinges. Additionally, it also has a keyboard sticking out from one of the sides.
Based on the product sketches, the publication collaborated with Sarang Sheth, who is the editor-in-chief at Yanko Design (an online magazine for international product design), to create 3D renders of the phone.
According to this 3D-image, Galaxy Z Fold 3 has an additional hinge that allows another screen to unfold. This, in turn, will make it a long single display in its unfolded form. In this image, the third screen folds outwards, allowing for a usable display to always be at the top.
Additionally, from the sides of one of the folding screens, a sliding QWERTY keyboard can be seen with touch sensitive keys.
These renders show a hole-punch design for the front camera and a triple rear camera setup.
However, the design seems quite unique, but these are renders based on a patent. The report also mentions that the rumored phone will have a light indicator in the hinge. Samsung received a patent for it this month.
As of now, Samsung has not shared any information on the rumored Galaxy Z Fold 3. The images are not official, so the actual phone could look quite different when it is officially announced.
Also read: Top 10 Mobile Phones
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…