Galaxy Z Fold 3 Could Have Three Displays, Sliding Keyboard
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 may come with a hole-punch design for the selfie camera.
Highlights of the Story
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 alleged sketches leaked.
- 3D renders of the phone have been created based on leaked sketches.
- Samsung has not shared any information about a Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Galaxy Z Fold 3? Is it happening or not? If it does- it will be the next-gen foldable phone after the Fold 2 launch a month ago. There have been rumors already that the Fold3 will have a hole-punch design for the selfie camera. However, new leaks pointing towards it having a dual-hinge design and a sliding keyboard have come forward.
It looks like Samsung is working on multiple folding phones. Among them, one model is going to be the Galaxy Z Fold 3, if rumors are true. This is via some product sketches from a design patent in 2018.
The design patent according to LetsGoDigital, filed by Samsung Display during mid-2018 with the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO). Additionally, it got discovered in July this year.
They show a Samsung GalaxyZ Fold2 like-design but with another panel that also folds, and a sliding keyboard. This patent holds eight product sketches and a brief description of the Galaxy Z Fold 3.
It shows a device in its unfolded state with two hinges. Additionally, it also has a keyboard sticking out from one of the sides.
Based on the product sketches, the publication collaborated with Sarang Sheth, who is the editor-in-chief at Yanko Design (an online magazine for international product design), to create 3D renders of the phone.
According to this 3D-image, Galaxy Z Fold 3 has an additional hinge that allows another screen to unfold. This, in turn, will make it a long single display in its unfolded form. In this image, the third screen folds outwards, allowing for a usable display to always be at the top.
Additionally, from the sides of one of the folding screens, a sliding QWERTY keyboard can be seen with touch sensitive keys.
These renders show a hole-punch design for the front camera and a triple rear camera setup.
However, the design seems quite unique, but these are renders based on a patent. The report also mentions that the rumored phone will have a light indicator in the hinge. Samsung received a patent for it this month.
As of now, Samsung has not shared any information on the rumored Galaxy Z Fold 3. The images are not official, so the actual phone could look quite different when it is officially announced.
Also read: Top 10 Mobile Phones
- 10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
- Top 5 reasons which make the all-new Xiaomi Mi 11x Pro a flagship killer.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.