Table Of Contents
- 1JioPhone 5G Specifications
Highlights of the Story
- Reliance Jio is getting ready to launch their first 5G smartphone.
- The smartphone will come with the moniker of JioPhone 5G.
- Key specs will include Snapdragon 480 SoC, 6.5-inch HD+ display, 5000mAh battery and more.
Last year, we witnessed the launch of the affordable JioPhone Next in India by Reliance Jio. After that, the company now seems to be focusing on their very first 5G smartphone – the JioPhone 5G. With 5G phones dominating the smartphone market right now, it only makes all the more sense. The smartphone has been a rumour mill favourite for obvious reasons. It will be super aggressively priced and the cheapest 5G smartphone that there is.
A new leak has now taken the curtains off of its launch date. The upcoming JioPhone 5G will reportedly launch sometime later on in 2022 itself. This has been revealed via a report by AndroidCentral. Now, this report also reveals the JioPhone 5G specs ahead of its official launch. Without any further ado, here’s what you can expect from the upcoming device!
JioPhone 5G Specifications
As per the Android Central report, we will get to see a 6.5-inch HD+ display on the upcoming device. In addition, the display will offer a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels. In terms of software, the handset will be running on a customised version of Android 11 OS, right out of the box.
On the processor front, the upcoming JioPhone 5G will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 SoC. This octa-core 5G chipset will be coupled with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. Further, we will also get a microSD card slot for expansion.
Talking about optics, the upcoming 5G smartphone by Jio will offer a dual rear camera setup. The setup will include a 13-megapixel primary sensor and a 2-megapixel macro sensor. At the front, we will get to see an 8-megapixel selfie shooter.
When it comes to battery, the JioPhone 5G will pack a big 5000mAh battery. This rated battery capacity will pair up with 18W fast charging support as well. We can also expect to see USB Type-C port for charging and data transfer.
Additional feature will include support for all the Jio apps. These include JioTV, MyJio, JioCinema, JioSaavn and more. In terms of connectivity, the handset will offer dual-band Wi-Fi, 5G, Bluetooth v5.1, GLONASS, NavIC, dual-SIM support and more.
Android Central’s report also tipped the design a bit. We will get to see a modern design on the smartphone, featuring thin bezels all around. There will also be rounded edges and a punch-hole display design.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.