Jio 5G Planning Done For These Cities Across India- Here’s All You Need To Know
Table Of Contents
- 1Jio 5G Planning: The Details
Highlights of the Story
- Reliance Jio has completed 5G network planning for the top 1,000 cities in the country.
- Prepaid recharge option will be available to customers via WhatsApp.
- 5G launch in India is scheduled for later this year.
Reliance Jio has announced that it has completed 5G coverage planning for the top 1,000 cities in India. This comes a few days after the Department of Telecommunication (DoT) announced that the 5G services will be launched in the country later this year. Jio is expected to be among the first telcos to provide the services to its customers.
The telco is working on a data-driven 5G network that will be based on targeted customer consumption revenue using Heat maps, 3D maps and ray-tracing technology for precise coverage planning to target high-consumption and high-perception locations. Read to know more!
Jio 5G Planning: The Details
5G coverage planning has been completed for 1,000 top cities across the country. Jio has been doing trials on advanced use cases across Healthcare and Industrial Automation on its 5G network,” said Jio Platforms. Furthermore, Jio is likely to roll out 5G in India in phases. As DoT has mentioned the services will be available only in 13 major cities initially.
Simultaneously, the company announced that it has joined hands with WhatsApp to simplify the prepaid recharge experience. It posted an 8.8 per cent increase at Rs. 3,795 crore in net profit for the third quarter ended December 2021. Moreover, Jio’s average revenue per user (ARPU) rose to Rs. 151.60 per month from Rs. 143.6 in the previous quarter and Rs. 151 in October-December.
“ARPU improves to Rs. 151.6 led by better subscriber mix and recent tariff hike. The full impact of a tariff hike will be reflected in ARPU and financials over the next few quarters” added Jio Platforms. Jio’s subscriber base also grew. This is, in addition, being attributed to the sale of its budget smartphone JioPhone Next, which added 10.2 million subscribers in Q3FY22.
Do you think 5G will add value to our digital lifestyle? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned with Cashify for more such Tech News!
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.