Table Of Contents
- 1LG Shutting Down its Smartphone Division by July 31st
South Korea’s LG Electronics said on Monday it will be shutting down its smartphone business worldwide. According to the company, it will close its loss-making mobile phone to focus its resources in “growth areas”. Moreover, this will make it the first major smartphone brand to completely withdraw from the market. They will concentrate on electric vehicle components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics, AI and B2B solutions, and platforms and services.
Furthermore, its’ decision to pull out will leave its 10% share in North America, where LG stands at no.3 brand-wise. According to the statement from the firm, it will provide software support for the existing lineup of smartphones for a certain period of time that would vary by region. Moreover, the status of its employees of the smartphone business will depend at the local level.
“Moving forward, LG will continue to leverage its mobile expertise and develop mobility-related technologies such as 6G to help further strengthen competitiveness in other business areas. Core technologies developed during the two decades of LG’s mobile business operations will also be retained and applied to existing and future products”.statement
Earlier, there were reports that LG was looking to sell its smartphone business. However, it was also in rumors that it will launch its rollable smartphone this year. But we also know that they have nearly six years of losses totaling $4.5 billion (roughly Rs. 33,010 crores). So, the decision to back out will help them to re-focus on its growth areas.
LG Shutting Down its Smartphone Division by July 31st
According to the press release, the current LG smartphone line-up will be available for purchase. Additionally, it will work with its business partners and suppliers throughout the process of closing down the mobile business. The complete shutdown of the mobile phone business will be completed by July 31st.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.