Top 100 Subscription Apps Earned More Than $12 Billion In 2020
In 2020, the amount of money spent on subscription-based apps grew significantly. The data comes from an app analytics company called Sensor Tower.
According to the report, the revenue generated from non-gaming subscription-based apps amount to 11.7 per cent of the total $111 billion people all over the world spent last year on in-app purchases. The revenue grew 34 per cent and amounting to almost $13 billion.
Also Read: Redmi 8A Dual Gets MIUI 12 Update
Consumers have historically spent more on the App Store than on Google’s marketplace, and the same holds true for subscription appsAccording to the Sensor Tower’s statement
Apple App Store and the Google Play Store: Revenue Comparision
On Apple’s App Store, the spending grew from $7.8 billion in 2019 to $10.3 billion in the year 2020. This amounts to a 32 per cent increase compared to the previous year.
A similar pattern was followed on Google’s Play Store. From $1.9 billion in 2019, the revenue skyrocketed to $2.7 billion as of 2020. This amounts to a 42 per cent increase compared to 2019.
Unsurprisingly, the amount of users spending on Google’s Play Store is far less than the number of people spending on Apple’s App Store.
Having said that, the highest-earning subscription is YouTube on the Apple App Store. On the Google Play Store, the Google One app generated more than $445 million in revenue.
Coming to gaming-based subscription apps, the number of games adopting the subscription-based model has increased significantly. Out of the 15 top-grossing games in the year 2020, 8 were based on subscription-based models.
The report states that the trend was followed by consumers all over the world even before the COVID 19 pandemic started. Given that users prefer monthly subscriptions as opposed to one time purchases, this trend is not at all surprising.
- 10 Tips To Keep Your Smartphone Battery Healthy
- Top 5 reasons which make the all-new Xiaomi Mi 11x Pro a flagship killer.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.