Note To Self: How To Chat With Yourself On Whatsapp To Take Notes, Grocery List Etc.
WhatsApp has added many new features like archive chat, mute groups always, and star important messages over the years. Lately, they even added payment integration with the platform to promote business accounts. But has lacked a feature most messaging platforms include. With this function now, you can stop sending files and messages to the ex who has blocked you and start saving your important files and messages properly.
Highlights of the Story
- Major WhatsApp competitors have added a lot of features over the years to make themselves more attractive compared to WhatsApp.
- But with 1.5 billion active users WhatsApp can’t be beaten so easily. Still, it lacks some essential features.
- The ability to send yourself important messages and multimedia makes WhatsApp even more useful. These self messages are useful to save important messages and links.
Having a Whatsapp chat where you can add all your useful files and messages is excellent. But sadly, WhatsApp doesn’t have any direct way of doing this. It might sound a little weird at first, but having a feature like this would really be helpful as you can add your to-do list, how-to tutorials, essential links, video recipes, funny jokes, and much more with a single tap.
Major Whatsapp rivals like Signal and Telegram have already provided their users where they can send a message to themselves.
Also Read: How To Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp!
Whatsapp has a feature where you can ‘Star’ all your important messages and media, but it has certain limitations and is not convenient. But with a note to self feature, you can send an instant message to yourself without notifying any of your contacts. This not only makes it easier to find your stuff but as WhatsApp is a cloud-based messaging app, your media and messages will remain synced along with the rest of your WhatsApp backup. Also, you can access all these messages across all your devices very easily.
But don’t worry, we have two methods that you can use to turn Whatsapp into the best way to protect all your digital info.
The first step here is the actual way where you can make a Note to self chat in WhatsApp. Here is how you can enable it:
Method 1: Using Your Desktop/Laptop PC
- Fire up any web browser on your phone or PC.
- Next in the address bar, type wa.me/, and then with your country code, add your ten-digit phone number. So if you are in India, then code is 91, so it would be something like this “wa.me/9182xxxxxxxx“
- Once you’ve entered the text, press search, and a window will appear with an invitation to chat with the number and a button that says “Continue to chat.” Press that button.
- Now, if you are on a smartphone, it will automatically open Whatsapp, and there’ll be a chat where you will be able to send yourself messages and multimedia files.
Also Read: How To Send Large Video Files On WhatsApp
Method 2: Using WhatsApp Group
The second method is more straightforward, but it involves adding a member to the group and removing them, so not everyone might find that convenient. But if you are not one of those, here are the steps on how to do that:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap on the menu and select New Group.
- Give a name to your group and tap on Next.
- Add any one of your close friends to the group.
- Then tap on Create group button, and the group is created.
- Now all you have to do is remove that friend, and you can send any message you want to the group. No one except you will be able to see the message or multimedia.
- Now in that group, you can keep adding the messages, notes, links that you would like to save for future use.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…