PS5 vs Xbox Series X, The Ultimate Next-Gen Console Wars!
PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X are the biggest and toughest competitors to each other and both of these are the epitome of console gaming experience. Both of these consoles are a beast in performance and are equipped with some of the most powerful components to run all the first-party games at the highest possible frame rate. But which one to choose when it comes to making a purchase decision. Here we talk about the Pros and Cons of each console and how each one is different from each other.
Highlights of the Story
- Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X are the two best gaming consoles that are going to be available later this year.
- Both of these are the most powerful gaming consoles on the planet.
- Here we talk about which one deserves your money and which one you should be most excited about.
PlayStation 5 and the Xbox series X are in hue owing to their cut-throat feature competition. Gaming fans are confused about the superiority of the products and which option will be better to purchase. Undoubtedly, both of them give smashing performance with terrific speed while gaming. Needless to say, both options are very addictive and adventurous.
Fast loading, smooth functioning, long hours continuous running, and super-exciting features have made these two extremely loved and admired by gamers. But, in the end, users will have to choose between the two. So which one to purchase? Keep scrolling to find the answer to this mystery.
Also read: Sell old gaming console
Points of difference between PlayStation 5 and Xbox series X:
Graphics and Display
The PlayStation 5 and Xbox series X are both highly capable of providing the ultimate quality graphics and display. However, after examining closely, we could see that Xbox series X has got some more powerful specs.
Even though the difference between the Xbox series X on PlayStation 5’s hardware does not look much, especially in terms of the CPU, the Xbox series X is slightly faster. It is basically because the GPU offers 12 teraflops of computing power in the Xbox X Series, whereas there are 10.3 teraflops for the PlayStation 5. The teraflop is accountable for the number of operations that can run per second.
However, keep in mind that a higher number of teraflops may not be advantageous for every single game. The overall development and optimization of the product play a relatively important role for this purpose.
Also Read: Plato: Best Gaming App for Kids in Lockdown
Another critical point of discussion when comparing PlayStation 5 with Xbox Series X is the exclusives. It looks like the Xbox X series users will avail of the benefits of a surprise entry of Fable 4. Other than that, there are already existing ones such as halo infinite or Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II, Forza Motorsport 8 and State of Decay 3 are also all set up and ready to make their debut in the Xbox X series. So Xbox X series fans are going to enjoy the adventures of everything, including zombies and racing.
As for the PlayStation 5, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ratchet, and Clank: Rift Apart and Horizon: Forbidden West are some of the great exclusives that fans/users can avail. However, users will not be able to play them on a regular PC. You will need a gaming pc for this purpose which is quite expensive compared to the cost of a gaming console.
On the other hand, you do not need an Xbox console to play the Xbox exclusives. So basically, PlayStation 5 and Xbox X series are both highly compatible in offering amazing exclusives. So, the choice for this depends on whether you have a gaming pc or not or whether you find exclusives essential or not.
Also Read: How To Record Calls On iOS And Android
It isn’t easy to make comparisons in pricing terms as both the parties, that is, PlayStation 5 and Xbox X series, have not confirmed much on pricing yet. Though, based on the previous launch pricing, PlayStation 4 was more affordable than Xbox One as it was priced at $400, whereas the price for Xbox one was $500.
However, this happened around 7 years ago, so we cannot make precise estimates as the market has changed a lot since then. Experts are claiming the prices for PlayStation 5 Xbox X series to be similar and lie somewhere around $500, but those are just estimates, and nothing is certain or confirmed as of now.
If you are saving up money to buy the PlayStation 5 for the Xbox X series, then it is better to keep a margin of around $100 in addition to the estimated price of $500. So, in conclusion, the answer to which one is better in terms of pricing is in the hands of the results that come out in the future.
Also Read: How To Add Music To Instagram Stories!
Xbox X series have got more robust options, but it looks like PlayStation 5 has a lot of older games to play. Though, Microsoft did say that all the games available in the Xbox one will be available to play in the Xbox X series as well.
Microsoft has also made it compatible to upgrade your Xbox One to Xbox X by purchasing a game that’s available on both the versions and upgrading your console. That is indeed a smart move that Microsoft has made. A few Xbox 360, along with Xbox X, may also work in the upgraded system. Plus, making the old games compatible to run in 4K quality. Even though we are not sure what specific games it will be, we do know that this is going to happen.
Also read: Exchange Offers
PlayStation 5 seems to have a better system of virtual reality than that of Xbox X. It is because Microsoft has made no announcement whatsoever for an Xbox VR headset. Whereas, the new PlayStation 5 will be fully functional with the PlayStation VR headset.
The Overall Comparison Table PS5 vs Xbox Series X:
|Factors/Elements||PlayStation 5||Xbox X Series|
|Release||Later months of 2020||Later months of 2020|
|Exclusives and Games||Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Godfall, Gods and Monsters, Observer: System Redux, Rainbow Six Siege, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Watch Dogs: Legion, Gran Turismo 7||Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, Forza Motorsport, The Medium, Rainbow Six Siege, Madden NFL 21, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Halo Infinite, Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2, Forza Motorsport 8, State of Decay 3|
|Backward Compatibility||Almost all PS4 games, including optimized PS4 Pro titles||All Xbox One games / Select Xbox 360 and original Xbox games|
|Optical Disc Drive||4k UHD blu Ray||4k UHD blu Ray|
|Storage||825 GB custom SSD||1 TB custom SSD|
|Video Memory||16GB GDDR6 with 256-bit interface (448GB/sec)||AMD Navi/RDNA 2-family GPU with 52 CU at 1.825GHz (12TFLOPS FP32)|
|Graphics||AMD Navi/RDNA 2-family GPU with 36 CU at 2.23 GHz (10.3 TFLOPS, FP unit unknown)||AMD Navi/RDNA 2-family GPU with 52 CU at 1.825GHz (12TFLOPS FP32)|
|Processor||8-core AMD Ryzen Zen 2-architecture CPU at max 3.5GHz||8-core AMD Ryzen Zen 2-architecture CPU 3.6 or 3.8GHz|
|Maximum frame rate||4K/120fps||4K/120fps|
|Audio||3D, accelerated by custom Tempest Engine hardware; for headphones only at launch, supplemented by virtual surround for speaker audio||Ray-traced|
|New controller feature||Haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, USB-C connector||Share button, Dynamic Latency Input|
|VR compatibility||Compatible with PSVR||Unknown|
|Backward compatible||Almost all PS4 Games||All Xbox One Games and a few Xbox 360 and Xbox games|
|Subscription tie-in||PlayStation Now||Xbox Game Pass|
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.