Rumors: iPhone 13 Might Not Have Any Ports At All
Apple is working on a portless iPhone 13, and it’s looking increasingly like at least one model will be like that.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple iPhone 13 could come with a portless design.
- Only the flagship iPhone 13 model is expected to get such a design.
- It is expected to support only MagSafe charging.
After the iPhone 12‘s launch, Apple is aiming to work on something a little more ambitious for next year. According to the latest leaks, the company has radical plans for its iPhone 13. Moreover, rumors are that it is going portless for its next design.
This will make all the charging to data connections completely wireless. However, if not all, it will at least be a part of one model in the lineup.
According to tipster Jon Prosser, the company is busy building a next-gen iPhone 13 to only charge via MagSafe. This rumor comes from the tipster first on Twitter and then his YouTube show, Front Page Tech. This leak of the smartphones going portless is not the first time in the rumor cycle.
Also Read: Lenovo Teases New Smartphone Series
However, he has said that Apple does not plan to turn all iPhone 13 next year into wireless ones. “MagSafe is the bridge between lightning and portless. It is also the way Apple can keep things somewhat proprietary without giving in to something as universal as USB-C”. Furthermore, he claims that this piece of information is coming from a rock-solid source.
The success of Apple’s MagSafe ensured that the opinion on wireless charging for the iPhone 13 is slowly starting to change. However, the problem with only MagSafe charging on the next-generation iPhone will be slow speed. As of now, MagSafe standard right now can only transfer 15W power to compatible iPhones at best.
Also Read: Huawei Mate X2 Spotted Online
On the other hand, if the company wants to make the next iPhone 13 a wireless charging, it needs to improve the charging speeds for normal Qi-wireless-based charging pads. As of now, phones like this do exist in concept form, but no one has made one a reality. However, there is an issue in terms of lacking wired data connectivity.
In the landslide of rumors online, is iPhone 13 going portless true? As of now, the game is of waiting and watching for the phones.
Also read: Compare Mobile Phones
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi
- Recently OPPO launched its latest smartphone, OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G. Speaking of the name first, Oppo could have used some other short and crisp name and yes there is 5G also. Here is a quick review of the all-new OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G in just 2 minutes. Design As for the design, there has been…
- How To Win A OnePlus 9 For FREE?
Latest ReviewsView All
- Read the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra review to know if it is really the best camera phone of the year.