Rumors: iPhone 13 Might Not Have Any Ports At All
Apple is working on a portless iPhone 13, and it’s looking increasingly like at least one model will be like that.
Highlights of the Story
- Apple iPhone 13 could come with a portless design.
- Only the flagship iPhone 13 model is expected to get such a design.
- It is expected to support only MagSafe charging.
After the iPhone 12‘s launch, Apple is aiming to work on something a little more ambitious for next year. According to the latest leaks, the company has radical plans for its iPhone 13. Moreover, rumors are that it is going portless for its next design.
This will make all the charging to data connections completely wireless. However, if not all, it will at least be a part of one model in the lineup.
According to tipster Jon Prosser, the company is busy building a next-gen iPhone 13 to only charge via MagSafe. This rumor comes from the tipster first on Twitter and then his YouTube show, Front Page Tech. This leak of the smartphones going portless is not the first time in the rumor cycle.
Also Read: Lenovo Teases New Smartphone Series
However, he has said that Apple does not plan to turn all iPhone 13 next year into wireless ones. “MagSafe is the bridge between lightning and portless. It is also the way Apple can keep things somewhat proprietary without giving in to something as universal as USB-C”. Furthermore, he claims that this piece of information is coming from a rock-solid source.
The success of Apple’s MagSafe ensured that the opinion on wireless charging for the iPhone 13 is slowly starting to change. However, the problem with only MagSafe charging on the next-generation iPhone will be slow speed. As of now, MagSafe standard right now can only transfer 15W power to compatible iPhones at best.
Also Read: Huawei Mate X2 Spotted Online
On the other hand, if the company wants to make the next iPhone 13 a wireless charging, it needs to improve the charging speeds for normal Qi-wireless-based charging pads. As of now, phones like this do exist in concept form, but no one has made one a reality. However, there is an issue in terms of lacking wired data connectivity.
In the landslide of rumors online, is iPhone 13 going portless true? As of now, the game is of waiting and watching for the phones.
Also read: Compare Mobile Phones
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…
- We all have to agree that the Apple Airpods Pro is an exceptional earbud, and because it is outstanding, it has multiple evil twins, aka fake Airpods. So, have you recently bought an Apple Airpods pro and wondered if the product is original or not? There is a quick and effective way to check its…
- There is probably a thin line between Realme GT Neo 3 and OnePlus 9RT; both mobile phones are spectacular in their price bracket. However, experts like us only notice a few bits here and there. So, to help you out, we have brought a full comparison between the Realme GT Neo 2 VS OnePlus 9RT.…