Samsung Once Again Best Selling Smartphone Brand In India, Beats Xiaomi
Xiaomi has ceded ground to its long-rival Samsung in the world’s second largest market.
Highlights of the Story
- Xiaomi lost its top spot to Samsung this quarter
- Indian smartphone market records highest sales in Q3 2020.
- There is a 9 percent growth year-on-year.
After three years of holding the crown of the leader in the smartphone market, Xiaomi loses its position to Samsung. The latter now holds the top position in the second-largest smartphone market, according to a report. The smartphone market records the highest-ever single quarter shipments in Q3 2020.
Additionally, Samsung commanded 24% of the market in the quarter that ended in September this year. It is 1% more than Xiaomi’s 23% share. As per the latest research by Counterpoint’s Market Monitor service that the pent up demand of smartphones due to the lockdown and online marketplace preference is responsible for this rise. It is responsible for over 53 million units in the third quarter.
This marks a 9% year-on-year (YoY) growth compared to the third quarter of 2019. Last year, Xiaomi led the market share with 26% with Samsung in second place with 20%. As per the report, Samsung regains the top spot this year for the first time since Q3 2018.
Also Read: Moto G 5G Specs Leaked Online
On the other hand, according to senior research analyst Prachir Singh, Indian smartphone market is seeing a rise first time since the lockdown restrictions. The report shows a consistent growth in the past few months. Major sales are on various online platforms during Independence Day period. Typically, September is the biggest selling month which in turn are responsible for the YoY growth.
Additionally, the mid-tier smartphone segment ranging from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 saw the highest growth in Q3 2020.
On the other hand, Vivo stands at 16% market share, Realme with 15%, Oppo with 10%, and other brands taking 12%.
Moreover, feature phones and smartphones are leading in the Indian market share by 8% YoY in Q3 2020. This is happening because of the increase in sales of feature phones by 5% YoY growth in Q3 2020. Here, Itel leads the market in India for feature phones.
Anti-Chinese movement has hurt Chinese brands in India, according to another analyst. Offline-centric brands like Vivo, Oppo, and Itel are increasing their online presence as well.
OnePlus leads the market in Rs.30K to Rs.45K segment, all thanks to OnePlus 8 sales. Additionally, the OnePlus Nord became the best-selling smartphone in the upper mid-tier (Rs.20,000 to Rs.30,000) segment.
Also read: Top 10 Mobile Phones
- In the past few years, we have seen a lot of people complaining about how there is nothing new to see in the iPhones launching every year. However, this is the biggest reason for our excitement today because we now have the brand new Apple iPhone 12 straight from the Unicorn, an Apple Premium Reseller.…
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy F41 has a combination of a large and vibrant display with a powerful battery, a stunning design, and HD support.
- OnePlus 8T brings the best of features on-board with a Fluid AMOLED, 65W Warp Charge, Snapdragon 865 under-the-hood, and the latest OxygenOS 11.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.