Samsung Once Again Best Selling Smartphone Brand In India, Beats Xiaomi
Xiaomi has ceded ground to its long-rival Samsung in the world’s second largest market.
Highlights of the Story
- Xiaomi lost its top spot to Samsung this quarter
- Indian smartphone market records highest sales in Q3 2020.
- There is a 9 percent growth year-on-year.
After three years of holding the crown of the leader in the smartphone market, Xiaomi loses its position to Samsung. The latter now holds the top position in the second-largest smartphone market, according to a report. The smartphone market records the highest-ever single quarter shipments in Q3 2020.
Additionally, Samsung commanded 24% of the market in the quarter that ended in September this year. It is 1% more than Xiaomi’s 23% share. As per the latest research by Counterpoint’s Market Monitor service that the pent up demand of smartphones due to the lockdown and online marketplace preference is responsible for this rise. It is responsible for over 53 million units in the third quarter.
This marks a 9% year-on-year (YoY) growth compared to the third quarter of 2019. Last year, Xiaomi led the market share with 26% with Samsung in second place with 20%. As per the report, Samsung regains the top spot this year for the first time since Q3 2018.
Also Read: Moto G 5G Specs Leaked Online
On the other hand, according to senior research analyst Prachir Singh, Indian smartphone market is seeing a rise first time since the lockdown restrictions. The report shows a consistent growth in the past few months. Major sales are on various online platforms during Independence Day period. Typically, September is the biggest selling month which in turn are responsible for the YoY growth.
Additionally, the mid-tier smartphone segment ranging from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000 saw the highest growth in Q3 2020.
On the other hand, Vivo stands at 16% market share, Realme with 15%, Oppo with 10%, and other brands taking 12%.
Moreover, feature phones and smartphones are leading in the Indian market share by 8% YoY in Q3 2020. This is happening because of the increase in sales of feature phones by 5% YoY growth in Q3 2020. Here, Itel leads the market in India for feature phones.
Anti-Chinese movement has hurt Chinese brands in India, according to another analyst. Offline-centric brands like Vivo, Oppo, and Itel are increasing their online presence as well.
OnePlus leads the market in Rs.30K to Rs.45K segment, all thanks to OnePlus 8 sales. Additionally, the OnePlus Nord became the best-selling smartphone in the upper mid-tier (Rs.20,000 to Rs.30,000) segment.
Also read: Top 10 Mobile Phones
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…
- We’ll compare the speeds of the Nothing Phone 1 Vs Samsung S20 FE smartphones. Both phones are in the same range in terms of pricing. Additionally, the Nothing Phone 1 debuted recently, and the Samsung S20 FE was introduced two years ago. Furthermore, we’ll discuss the speed test between these two smartphones in this post,…
- The Oppo Reno 8 Pro is an amazing phone right now in the market by Oppo that grabs the attention of many customers in India with its flagship-grade cameras. The device comes with outstanding features, including its classy and premium look. Furthermore, it is made with a high-quality chassis and a reliable MediaTek chipset. However, would that…
- The big question for most of us is to know about the best OxygenOS 12 features on the OnePlus 9RT. Well, it’s here! As per reports, OxygenOS 12 is available for OnePlus 9RT users to download based on Android 12. With this update, users can access several apps quickly. Users will get several features from ColorOS…