Signal App – How To Transfer Whatsapp Groups To Signal
After Facebook-owned Whatsapp announced that its user’s data won’t be completely private anymore, many people have started using Signal as their primary messenger. This is a guide to the easiest method for transferring your Whatsapp groups to Signal Messenger.
Highlights of the Story
- Many people are willing to shift to Signal Messenger, which is more privacy-focused and safer.
- Whatsapp groups are an important part of the app. Here’s a guide to bring all your Whatsapp group members to Signal.
A very few of us know that Whatsapp’s original co-founder, Brian Acton, had initiated a new messenger application called “Signal Messenger” after selling Whatsapp to Facebook Inc in 2014. Although Signal wasn’t able to gain a huge user base as compared to Whatsapp, now the application’s popularity has skyrocketed.
Owing to Whatsapp’s new policy, people have recognized Signal Messenger as a viable alternative. Its popularity has increased so much that it has now entered the top-trending list of applications on Google Play Store and App Store.
Whatsapp group chats are an important part of the app. It is widely used for official works, family chats, socializing with a community, schools, universities, etc. Now that it is clear from Whatsapp’s statement that group chats could be monitored to some extent, people want to shift their Whatsapp groups to Signal Messenger. The process of doing so is easy.
It is important to note here that transferring the messages and media files present in the group chat to Signal is not possible by any means. It is only possible to bring all your Group Members to Signal Messenger, by creating a new group.
Why Should You Prefer Group Chats on Signal over Whatsapp
Signal is one of the most secure messaging apps that you can use right now. Popular personalities, such as Tesla’s founder Elon Musk, have advised people to shift to Signal Messenger. Similar to Whatsapp groups, Signal Messenger also offers many features that have attracted a huge user base in recent times.
In addition to common options such as video calling and group calls, Signal has some exclusive privacy-focused features which none of the other messengers offer. Some of them are Screen Security, Relay Calls, Registration PIN, Censorship Circumvention, and Sealed Sender, among many others.
Now, let’s get started with the guide.
How to Transfer Whatsapp Groups to Signal?
Step 1: Open Signal Messenger and tap on the ‘Compose’ button present on the bottom right area. If you have not installed Signal yet, download the app from Play Store and set up your new account.
Step 2: Click on the “New Group” button present on the top.
Step 3: Now, you will be asked to select the contacts that have to be added to the Group. Select the required contacts and then click on the “Next” button.
Step 4: In the dialog box that appears, enter the name of the Group. Once you have entered the Group name, tap on “Create”.
Step 5: Once the group has been created, tap on the group name, scroll down to reach the ‘Group Link’ button, and click on it.
Step 6: By default, the Group Link on Signal is disabled. To enable it, turn ON the toggle that is present alongside the Manage and Share screen.
Step 7: Next, tap on the “Share” button.
Step 8: Among the options that appear, tap on the ‘Copy’ button to copy the Group Link to the clipboard of your smartphone.
Step 9: Open Whatsapp and click on the Group chat which has to be transferred.
Step 10: Paste the Group Link in the message box and send it. Now, ask all the group members to click on the link so that they can be added to the Signal Messenger group.
That’s it! You can now chat with your friends and colleagues in the Signal Group without any privacy concerns.
In case you wish to ensure that a limited number of members enter the group, turn on the ‘Approve New Members’ option after performing step 8. By enabling it, everyone who wishes to enter the Group Chat will have to request the Admin for approval.
Signal is probably the only app you should be looking to if you want to ensure your messages stay between you and your friends. Although it is not possible to instantly transfer all your groups to Signal, as many of your contacts might not have joined Signal yet, but the process will gain momentum gradually when more people will get aware of the privacy issues in Whatsapp.
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.