Sony Xperia 8 Lite Launched In Japan
Sony has launched their latest Xperia 8 Lite in Japan. This is the latest budget offering by the company in the ‘Xperia’ series of phones. The smartphone has similar specifications to the Sony Xperia 10 which was released last year in MWC. In fact, the design elements are almost similar as well.
Highlights of the Story
- The Sony Xperia 8 Lite comes in a 4GB/64GB variant
- The device will go on sale in Japan starting September 1
- Snapdragon 630 SoC powers the device
- The Xperia 8 Lite has a side mounted fingerprint scanner
The Sony Xperia 8 Lite has a 6-inch full HD+ Triluminous display along with a 21:9 aspect ratio. The smartphone is powered by a Snapdragon 630 SoC along with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Additionally, the internal storage is also expandable up to 512GB via a microSD slot.
Also read: Leaked: Realme’s New Camera Layout Design
Coming to the aesthetics and build of the device, it is based on a metal frame design alongside a glass back. Furthermore, the glass at the front and back are both protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6. Also, the device has an IPX5/8 water resistance certification.
However, the smartphone does not run Android 10 and has Android 9.0 out of the box. When it comes to the cameras, the phone has a dual camera setup of a 12-megapixel and an 8-megapixel sensor. The lens have an aperture of f/1.8 and f/2.4 respectively. On the front, there is an 8-megapixel selfie shooter with an aperture of f/2.0. The camera is also packed by a variety of features. These include 21:9 video recording, 2x digital zoom, 4K video recording, bokeh effect, EIS, etc.
Also read: Jio Wi-Fi Mesh Router Details Leaked Online
When it comes to the battery, the Sony Xperia 8 Lite has a 2,870 mAh battery. Furthermore, the device has an adaptive charging support. The low battery capacity makes the device weigh less than most devices at 170 grams. Lastly, the device also has a side mounted fingerprint scanner unlike the tradition scanner at the back.
Sony Xperia 8 Lite Price
The Sony Xperia 8 Lite is priced at JPY 29,800 which is roughly Rs 20,800 in India. This is the price set for the variant with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The device has launched in two color options which are White and Black. However, because of the glass back and metal design, the overall finish of the phone is glossy in nature. The smartphone is all set to go on sale starting from September 1 in Japan.
Also read: Nokia 5.3 And Nokia C3 Launched In India
However, Sony does have a major challenge in especially the Asian mobile markets. This is simply because of what the brand offers and at what price. While the Asian markets are flooding with brilliant value for money devices at affordable prices, Sony does not seem to drop its price what upgrade the specifications. Although the Snapdragon 630 SoC is decent but, definitely not something to be sold in a device at the price that the Xperia 8 Lite is being sold. Also, the battery capacity would have been good 5-6 years ago but things have changed a lot since then. However, the device is something for the Sony fans out there, maybe.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…