- SIM Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory microSDXC (dedicated slot)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSSamsung Galaxy S10e₹46,280Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹9,999VSOPPO K1₹13,990Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹17,890VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone XR₹51,500VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹39,990VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹51,500Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹40,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹115,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,839Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
A stunning design, high-end battery with excellent battery life, and an enhanced processor let you do whatever you wish on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9.
- Excellent battery life
- Wired reverse charge
- Water-repellent coating
- 3.5mm headphone jack, IR blaster & NFC
- UI isn’t smooth
- The camera could’ve been better
- No 4K video recording
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 was officially unveiled on July 20 in India. It is a 48MP Quad Camera Hotshot with the front punch-hole camera setup. It is equipped with a high-performance gaming processor MediaTek Helio G85 tagged along with a giant 5,020 mAh battery, a whole new design with a 6.53-inch FHD+ Display with NFC and a tonne of other enhanced features and configurations that make it a must-have in India at this price tag.
Check Out: Poco M2 Pro Price in India
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Price in India
Xiaomi just unveiled the Redmi Note 9 in India starting at a price tag of Rs 11,999/- for its base variant. It is available in three variants i.e., 4GB+64GB, 4GB+128GB, and 6GB+128GB available at a price tag of Rs 11,999/-, Rs 13,499/- and Rs 14,999/- respectively. The phone is available starting July 24 when it will go on its first sale in India at 12 PM IST on Mi.com, Mi Home stores, Amazon IN, and Mi Partner stores.
The front has a vibrant display with reduced bezels around the edges including the chin that is comfortably smaller. Flip the phone and there’s a 48MP AI Quad Camera setup arranged in a rectangular camera setup with curved edges and there’s a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner to go with it. The back panel is coated with an intricate IMT processor that requires 30 complicated procedures to give the phone it’s out-of-the-box colourful and transparent design. Colour choices available with Redmi Note 9 are Polar White, Forest Green, and Midnight Grey.
The latest device Redmi Note 9 packs in a 6.53-inch FHD+ DotDisplay that houses a 13MP front camera sensor as well. It has a 395 PPI density, 450 nits brightness and it is covered with a Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The 19.5:9 notch-less display offers an unobstructed view onto the screen that enhances the viewing experience. There is no mention of a higher refresh rate on the device.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 equips a new high-performance MediaTek Helio G85 processor manufactured using a 12nm node. It is tagged along with Mali-G52 MC2 GPU, up to 6GB RAM, and 128GB of internal storage. There’s a dedicated memory card slot to go with up to 512GB of storage. The new chipset clocked at a whopping 2.0GHz offers a seamless gaming experience thanks to the improved cores. On comparison to Redmi Note 8, the Redmi Note 9 offers 32% strong GPU performance; while the CPU performance improves greatly at 22%. This converts it into an epic gaming machine.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 runs on the latest Android 10-based MIUI 11 skin. It brings the best features from Google’s Android 10 and Xiaomi’s MIUI 11.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 captures a quad-camera setup with a 48MP primary sensor sitting alongside the 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensors while the front packs in a standard 13MP sensor. It does promise to produce stunning images to capture unforgettable moments although overall, the camera performance could have been better it does get its job done.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 packs a giant 5,020 mAh battery; which is straightaway larger than any other phones in this category. When tested, it produces 33 hours of Talktime on a single charge, 16 hours continuous navigation for gaming; or you can tune in to music for a straight 147 hours on a single charge. Further, it has a powerful 18W fast charging tech on-board; along with 9W wired reverse charging capability for those who want to use it.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 brings a few upgrades over its predecessor. It has an underpowered chipset even when compared to Note 8 which is a major blowback. Its battery life is excellent so you won’t have any second thoughts on it but then it’s UI is not that smooth as OxygenOS and overall; the phone does fall behind its competition w.r.t. its performance and charging speed.