Asus introduces one of India’s first smartphones dedicated just for gaming purposes. Priced at Rs. 69,999, this phone remains a high performer and creates a monopoly market for its favor.
Introducing a powerful processor along with an adequate battery and stylistic design, the ROG Phone is set to put your gaming genes on fire. While it does have a passable camera for its price, the phone is certainly not a camera model. The ROG Phone delivers what it promises and is a phone suitable for gaming.
Asus ROG Phone arrives as a sole gaming handset. It has a few pros and cons:
- The ROG phone has a great design that stands out since it provides both style and gaming advantage with the presence of AirTriggers.
- It has a dominant display with an adjustable refresh rate, giving gamers an advantage of choice.
- It arrives with some beautiful software customizations like Game Center, X Mode, and AirTriggers for playing and recording game centers.
- It comes with a beautiful performance which can run any game with high settings.
- It has a potent battery that can run the phone for an entire day with moderate use too.
- The Phone does not have the best camera which performance is only passable in both low-light and ideal light conditions.
The ROG phone is a gaming phone, and it doesn’t pretend to be anything else. If you are a hard-core gamer, then this phone is ideal for you.
As a dedicated gaming phone, the ROG Phone is fitted with all the aspects of performance, battery, and design to give you a gaming edge.
The ROG Phone arrives with a 6-inch display and an 18:9 aspect ratio. It is a FullHD AMOLED screen which gives you amazing viewing angles as well as special sensors to adjust different color temperatures. It can support HDR, has a beautiful 90Hz refresh rate and can produce DCI-P3 color gamut of about 108 per cent.
You can also lower the refresh rate to 60Hz. The color is quite punchy and bright and aids in gaming purpose. You can also enable the always-on display.
Since the ROG Phone has been designed for gamers, it comes with a different design signature. The back panel is asymmetric for good grip, and comes with a dual camera setup and fingerprint scanner fitted in unique polygonal shapes. The fingerprint scanner is reachable but a bit wide and off-centre.
The ROG logo is present in the centre of the rear panel which features RGB lighting. At the back, the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 has been used to keep it away from scratches. The metal frame gives the handset a rigid feel. Plus, the phone comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack at the bottom and a USB Type-C port which is positioned off-centre.
It also has ultrasonic sensors called AirTriggers on the phone which are touch sensitive when you are gaming in the landscape mode. The design makes it stand out among the competition. However, quite naturally it is a bit heavy (200g) due to its large battery.
Since it is a gaming phone, the ROG does not hold back on performance. It comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with the chips getting clocked at 2.96 GHz. The clock speed of the processor is about 2.8 GHz. Thus, to keep this processor from throttling, there are carbon pads, a significant cooling chamber, as well as a copper heat spreader to dissipate the heat.
On top of the processor you get a wonderful 8GB RAM that helps you to process multiple apps without entering slow-down mode. The phone gets a multi-core score of about 9,119 in Geekbench. In X Mode, the unique mode on this phone, the count gets up to 9221 points.
Heavy games can run on this phone at Ultra setting without the slightest bit of lag. The phone gets a bit warm, but the cooling vapors work wonderfully to keep it at a consistent temperature.
The Asus ROG Phone comes with a 12MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and an f/1.7 aperture and an 8MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture and 120-degree wide angle field of vide. It is also integrated with AI to detect objects. In bright situations, the phone enables HDR scenes to provide detailed pictures, although the autofocus does not work well. The Macro shots are however still accurate.
In low light, the shutter remains open for a long time to invite more light in. Even then, you get to see some grain when you zoom in.
The 8MP front camera, with an f/2.0 aperture clicks good shots with excellent edge detection. Portrait mode is commendable too.
A maximum of 4K video can be shot with this phone. Electronic stabilization is also available, but the videos tend to have a yellowish or greenish tinge.
The phone comes with a 4,000 mAh battery which is lovely and stays alive for quite a long time. With HDR mode on, an HD video loop saw that it could stay alive for 10 hours 58 minutes and without HDR, it can run for a whopping 15 hours 5 minutes. All in all, the phone can run an entire day with moderate use. The phone can also get juiced up quite quickly getting from 0% to 85% within an hour.
As a dedicated gaming smartphone, the ROG Phone is a brilliant model. It has a unique design for gaming advantage along with software customizations, suitable for gaming. The performance is excellent enough to run all games, and it is powered by a sizable battery so that you don’t get too much of a battery drain. AirTriggers and Game Center will be a delight for the gaming audience.
Asus, however, could have worked by delivering better cameras though that was not their motto. All in all, the phone is an accomplished gaming phone and has all the specifications to please the gaming audience.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Thickness0.37 inches
- Height6.73 inches
- Weight240 g
- ColorMatte Black, Glossy Black
- BuildFront glass (Gorilla Glass 6), back glass, aluminum frame
- Width3.06 inches
- Display TypeAMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.59 inches
- Pixel Density391 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 6
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio80.30%
- CPUOcta-core (1x2.96 GHz Kryo 485 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- GPUAdreno 640 (700 MHz)
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie), ROG UI
- Expandable MemoryNo
- RAM/Internal Storage256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, 1TB 12GB RAM
- Dual Camera48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2, 0.8 micron13 MP, f/2.4, 11mm (ultrawide)
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- AutofocusPDAF, Laser AF
- Back Camera Video2160p30/60fps, 1080p30/60/240fps, 720p480fps gyro-EIS (except 240/480fps)
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera24MP, f/2.2, 0.9 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesPanorama, HDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features24-bit/192kHz audioActive noise cancellation with dedicated micsDTS Headphone X
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity6000 mAh battery
- ChargingFast battery charging 30W (Quick Charge 4.0)Power bank/Reverse charging 10W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector accessory connector
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ad, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2019, July
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, September
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Asus ROG Phone II ZS660KL
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
- How To Filter Netflix Kids Shows By Title And Age!Tue, 28 Jul'20If you are sharing your Netflix account with your kids, you might want to consider filter out the content that they are allowed to watch. Netflix has a lot of amazing shows, however, a lot of them have an 18+ rating and even more of them that require parental supervision. The popular streaming service now allows users to filter out kid's shows by title and the audience age group. Users can also secure their Netflix profile with a simple but effective four-digit pin to prevent children from accessing adult profiles.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO A12₹9,990Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare