Buying a new smartphone is an exciting process but migrating all your data to a new smartphone can sometimes be a tedious process. To start using your new smartphone you have to transfer all the data from your older phone to your new phone including apps, photos, contacts, messages, music, documents etc.
Best Phone Clone Apps To Transfer Data
To make the data transfer process easy there are many phone clone apps available on the app store that can make this process easier. In this post, we have compiled a list of phone clone apps that you can use to make this process much easier with just a few simple steps. So here are some of the best phone clone apps that can get the job done.
What is phone cloning?
Phone cloning is the process of copying all the data including apps, media, contacts, calendar events, etc. from an old smartphone to a new smartphone. Basically creating an exact copy of data of the entire phone and migrating that to another smartphone.
With fast internet connection with good upload speed, the process of migrating data is much easier now. We have quite a lot of phone clone apps that can help migrate data from Android to another Android smartphone, or from Android to iPhone. The phone clone process can be done either by connecting the two devices using Wifi Direct or by uploading the data to a cloud service and then importing the backup to the smartphone.
Here are some of the best phone clone apps:
1. Google Drive
Google Drive is one of the most common ways to back up your data and restore it when you purchase a new smartphone. Drive is a cloud service and you can manually upload your photos, documents and all other important data. You can even create a full backup of your Android smartphone to Google Drive using the built-in backup functionality in your Android smartphone.
The phone clone process using Google Cloud service is a completely wireless process and works on both Android and iOS devices. Although Google Drive is a free service, it has limited storage space available and by default, you get 15GB of cloud storage. So if your files are bigger than 15 GB you will have to opt for another option such as Wetransfer or pay for a larger storage plan on Google Drive.
To begin the process make sure that the same Google account is logged on both phones. The Phone clone process is as follows:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your old Android phone and select. “Account & Sync“, and select your primary Google account and make sure all the options inside this are enabled to sync.
- Then go to the ‘Backup & Reset” option in Settings and enable ‘Back up my data’. Remember to use the same account you are taking the backup for as you will have to use it on your new Android phone to migrate data.
- Once your backup process is complete. Turn on your new Android phone and complete the setup process and wait for “Copy Apps and Data” page to appear and click on Next and select “A Backup from Cloud“.
- Now Select the Backup from the list, and make sure to pick the latest backup version. And now select all the data that you would like to restore like Apps, Messages, Device settings etc. Once selected click on Restore.
- Now complete the setup process, and once you see the home screen the backup process will begin. The process will take about a few minutes/hours to complete the process.
2. Using Phone Clone Apps Provided by Smartphone Brands
Many of the popular smartphone manufacturers have developed their own phone clone apps so that users can transfer data easily from phone to phone. For transferring data between your old and new Samsung device you can try the Samsung Smart Switch app available at Google Play Store.
Similarly, for smartphones from companies like Oppo, you have Oppo Clone Phone, for Xiaomi, you have Mi Mover, and for OnePlus you have OnePlus Switch. Also, Xiaomi, Vivo, & Oppo have introduced a peer-to-peer transmission alliance. It makes the process to move data between any of these devices easier.
JioSwitch is an easy-to-use data transfer app that works for all Android smartphones be it from any manufacturer. The app works without an internet connection and makes it a seamless process. You can transfer many of your important information like videos, photos, contacts, and music without any size limit. Using JioSwitch you can also transfer data between Android and iOS devices.
- Once the download is complete you can open the app and click on the ‘Get Started’ button.
- After that, the app will ask for permission to get started. You can click on ‘Allow’ to proceed further.
- There will be two buttons ‘Send’ and ‘Receive’, you have to click on the ‘Send’ button on your old device and click on the ‘Receive’ button on your new device.
- Once you select you will now see a screen with a list of file types that you want to transfer including photos, documents, music etc. Here you can select all the data you want to transfer to your new phone.
- After that, you have to click on ‘Send’ and your old device will search for your new device. Once it is found you can select it.
- On your new device, you will be asked whether you want to receive the files. You can click on ‘Accept’ to continue.
- After this, your photos, contacts, videos, and apps will be received on your new device.
4. Move to iOS
It is easy to transfer data from Android to Android smartphones. But things become more complicated when you have to transfer your data from Android to iPhone. There is a phone clone app developed by Apple to make this process easier. The “Move to iOS app” can be used to migrate your data. And you can download it on your Android phone from the Play Store
In order to move data from Android to iOS, you have to set up your iOS device first.
- While setting up your iOS device look for the “Apps & Data” screen and select Move Data from Android.
2. On your Android device open the Move to iOS app and select ‘Continue’. Now read the terms and conditions that appear on the screen and select Agree.
3. On your iOS device you will see a ten-digit or six-digit code on the screen. You have to enter that code on your Android device.
4. Your iOS device will create a temporary Wi-Fi network you can connect to the network from your Android device. Then wait for the transfer data screen to appear
5. Then from your Android device, you can select the content that you want to transfer and tap continue.
6. Now leave both your Android and iOS devices until the transfer has been completed. The whole transfer process can take a while but it depends on how much content you have.
5. Using Cloneit App
When switching Android phones Cloneit can be a better alternative to transfer your files. Cloneit can also be used to migrate multiple accounts on Android. However, Cloneit is a third-party app and we advise that you only use this if the four methods given above do not get the job done.
Here’s how you can transfer data using Cloneit.
- Download the Cloneit app on both of your Android devices.
- Once installed launch the app on the devices and tun-on the Wi-Fi.
- Mark the source device as ‘Sender’ and the target device as ‘Receiver.’
- Once you select the target device will automatically start looking for the sender. The app will use a Wi-Fi hotspot that the sender has created to verify the connection
- You can confirm the connection request by tapping on the ‘Ok’ button on the prompt
- Once the connection has been established. You can just go to the source device which is your old device. Now select the data that you wish to transfer to your new device.
- After making the selection you can click on the ‘Start’ button and your target device will send all your data to your new device.
I am geek your friends warned you about. Total nerd, always there to help you, guide you about your tech discussions. Eat Sleep Breathe Technology - That's on my repeat mode.