Buyers In Green And Orange Zones Can Now Purchase Redmi, Mi, Poco Phones Via Online Platforms
This relaxation based on the identified zones came out as a welcoming move for almost every other smartphone brand in the market.
Highlights of the Story
- The delivery time would be subject to restrictions imposed in particular areas.
- Users can purchase smartphone from their respective e-commerce retailers.
- Only prepaid orders are excepted on Mi.com.
Although the nationwide lockdown has been increased until May 17th, the Home Ministry has uplifted some restrictions for orange and green zones and this includes selling of non-essential items by e-commerce companies.
This came out as a relief for smartphone manufacturers as they were struggling with zero sales since the beginning of lockdown period. Just after the announcement, Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi came out to Twitter and announced that the company will soon be holding Redmi Mobile Online Sale and start shipping smartphones and other accessories in green and orange areas across the country.
This was followed by Xiaomi India chief Manu Kumar Jain’s tweet which revealed that customers can now order the Xiaomi products on Flipkart and Amazon as they have resumed e-commerce ops for Green & Orange zones while taking all precautions. Not only Xiaomi, POCO too announced that Poco Mobile Online Sale and accessories have begun, via General Manager of Poco India, C Manmohan’s tweet.
On Mi.com, only prepaid orders are accepted as of now, with the timeline for deliveries depending on the restrictions imposed by local authorities in that area. On Amazon, users can purchase Poco F1, Mi A3, Redmi 8A Dual, Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro etc. whereas phones like Poco X2, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi 8 are available on Flipkart.
Not only Xiaomi and POCO, but Realme also came out to twitter and announced that the company is resuming the sale of smartphones and other accessories as an Online Mobile Sale in Orange and Green Zones.
The shipping will however be done only at selected pin codes that have been opened up for delivery, while products won’t be delivered for areas in the Red zone. Not only smartphones, consumers who are lucky enough to be in either Green or Orange zones, can order other non-essential products such as such as smartphones, TVs and laptops via these e-commerce platforms.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.