Disney+ Hotstar is a video streaming service with a lot of entertaining content that includes web series, movies, documentaries, and much more. It’s a great way to catch up on your favourite TV episodes, films, web series, reality shows, and more. It’s also a free app that works on both Android and iOS devices. The service also has a premium subscription plan to access Disney+ and some more exclusive content.
While it’s a good idea to enjoy your favourite TV shows on a bigger screen. This is usually possible with screencast technology using which you can cast content from Apps to your SmartTV. Recently there were many users who are having issues with screen casting/mirroring Hotstar to their TV, and here are a few steps to resolve the problem.
Screen Mirroring Technology: How and When to Use It
Screen mirroring technology duplicates your current display from a smartphone or a laptop to your TV. Everything that you see on your smartphone will show on the TV, be it images, videos, games, or anything.
Although wired screen mirroring (through HDMI and the almost-extinct VGA connection) is still in use, wireless screen mirroring has been around for a long time. You’ll need a display, such as a TV or a monitor, that can receive content wirelessly using either built-in screencast technology or an adaptor to mirror your screen.
AirPlay is one of the older screen-mirroring methods, however, it only works with Apple devices. Similarly, Samsung has SmartView technology that lets you cast content on your smartphone to your Samsung TV. Another wireless display technology that is utilized for screen mirroring is Miracast. Most modern Windows and Android devices, including tablets, smartphones, and laptops, as well as some linked displays, such as smart TVs, and some streaming devices, such as Roku are Miracast-enabled.
Also Read:4 Secret Methods To Get Free Disney Plus Hotstar Premium Subscription
How to Screencast Hotstar to your Smart TV?
The online streaming platform Disney+ Hotstar does not permit screen mirroring, according to the terms and conditions. However, you can still install Hotstar on your TV if you own an Android-powered TV, or have a Plug-and-Play device like FireTv Stick. Another option is to mirror your screen from your smartphone or laptop to your non-smart TV using a screencast device such as Chromecast.
How to Screencast Disney+ Hotstar using Chromecast?
Here are steps on how you can use Chromecast to play Disney+ Hotstar on your non-smart TV.
1. First, you should have your Google Chromecast device all set up on your TV. And make sure the smartphone that you are using to cast Hotstar should be connected to the same Wifi network as Chromecast.
2. Now install the Google Home app on your smartphone and select the Chromecast device from the list of connected devices inside the Google Home App.
3. Now Select the “Cast My Screen” option. And a warning popup will appear and again select “Cast Screen” and now everything on your smartphone will be mirrored on your TV.
4. Now open the Hotstar app on your smartphone and play any content that you would like to mirror on your TV. Also, make sure to make the content run in full-screen mode and this will fix any aspect ratio issues on your TV.
5. You can also control the volume of the content from the smartphone itself from the Google Home App. And to stop casting content on your TV, you can navigate to Google Home App and select Chromecast from the list of devices and select the “Stop mirroring” option.
Also Read: Learn 3 Different Ways To Download YouTube Videos On Mac
How to Use Hotstar Screencast using your PC?
Casting Hotstar to Chromecast from a PC is similar to casting anything else from a PC. You only require the Google Chrome browser and both PC/Laptop and Chromecast devices connected to the same Wifi network.
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer or laptop.
- Open Hotstar in Chrome and click the menu icon (3 dots) in the top-right corner of the browser while on the webpage.
- Give Cast some time to check for nearby devices after clicking on it. You may need to Cast the tab from the Sources menu in your browser; depending on the version of Chrome you’re running. It is enabled by default in the latest version of Chrome.
- Choose the Chromecast, SmartTV, or FireTV Stick from the list to which you want to cast.
- On Chromecast, the Chrome tab will now appear.
- Stop casting by going to the Cast menu at the right end of the address bar and selecting Stop Casting.
- Now you can navigate to the Hotstar website and play any content that you would like to cast on your TV.
Also Read: How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge
Mirror Hotstar From Your Phone Using AllCast
You may also use AllCast to wirelessly cast the display of your Android mobile to a Samsung TV. This is a screen-mirroring application that supports audio and video streaming, screen sharing, and photo sharing. It has a straightforward layout that allows you to access your content on your TV. Using Allcast you can also stream media files from external storage devices, such as an SD card. Follow the steps below to stream Hotstar using screencast from your Android device to your Samsung TV.
- Install and run AllCast app on your Android device.
- Switch on your Samsung TV (or any other smart TV) and make sure both devices are connected to the same Wifi network.
- To begin casting, go to the Search Device page and tap the name of your TV.
- The app will automatically detect everything on your device. And you can even play any offline media files stored on your smartphone as well.
Now you have all the methods to screencast Hotstar from your Android phone to your TV. If you follow all the steps mentioned above you should be able to easily enjoy Hotstar on your TV without any interruptions.
Also Read: 10 Best Mobile Phones Under 15000
Planning about buying a new phone? To get excellent resale value and doorstep services? Sell old phone online via Cashify. Additionally, you can recycle old phone online from the convenience of your home and instantly receive the cash!