How many times have you caught yourself taking your smartphone out for no particular reason? Well, smartphone addiction is real!! Knowingly or unknowingly, you might be in the habit of checking your phone. Be it for scrolling social media endlessly, playing games, checking mail or anything, let’s admit- most of us can’t resist using our smartphones for long. That being the reason why some smartphone companies let you see how much time you are spending on the phone. You can now check and limit Screen time on Samsung. This post will tell you how to make the most out of this feature. So, let’s begin without any further ado.
Also Read: How To Disable Safe Mode On A Samsung Phone Or Tablet
What is Screen Time?
Screen time basically tells you for how long you have used your smartphone. Furthermore, it gives you an idea of which applications you are using the most on your smartphone. While this feature is available in most smartphones today, not a lot of us know how to access or make use of it. Let us find out in the coming section how to check screen time on Samsung.
Steps To Check Screen Time On Samsung
Samsung smartphones come with a feature called “Digital Wellbeing’ which lets you check the screen usage time. Here’s how to do so:
- Go to Settings on your Samsung phone.
- Scroll down a bit to find “Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls”. Tap on it.
- Next, you will be able to see the total time you have spent on your phone that day.
- You can also check the apps that are taking most of your time.
This feature also gives you an idea of how much or less time you have spent on your phone from the previous day.
How To Limit Screen Time on Samsung?
Now that you know how to check the screen time, it is time to learn how to limit screen time on Samsung. So now you don’t have to worry about your kids spending too much time on the screen. You can set the limit, and once the limit is exceeded, you will get a notification from the Samsung screen time tracker. That, in return, will grey out the app icon, and you won’t be able to open it until midnight or until you turn it off yourself. Here’s how to do so:
- Open Settings on your Samsung smartphone and tap on “Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls”.
- You will see the total screen time used and the apps to which you are dedicating most of your time.
- You can click on these apps and set separate timers for each of them.
- Once done, click on Ok.
So now, if you exceed the timer limit, the app will become inaccessible till midnight or unless you switch it off manually.
Bedtime Mode: What is it?
You might have come across Bedtime mode on your Samsung phone. If you are wondering what it is, let me tell you- it is a more advanced version of Do Not Disturb. This feature is helpful as it silences your phone and turns your screen greyscale, so now you don’t have to worry about scrolling social media endlessly at night. You can set up the bedtime mode based on the sleep schedule that you will set.
- Search for Bedtime mode in Settings of your Samsung phone.
- Tap on it and click on Start.
- Set your sleep time and alarm sound. Click on Next.
- Toggle on the Do not disturb option on the next screen. Click on Next.
- Choose the desired settings that you would like to apply when Sleep mode starts. You can choose from Greyscale, Dark mode, Eye comfort shield, Power saving, and Sound mode & volume.
- Finally, click on Done, and you are good to go.
Also Read: How To Set Caller Tune In Jio? A Step-By-Step Guide
How To Use Focus Mode?
Another great feature that Samsung phones come with is the Focus mode. This mode lets you temporarily pause the apps when the set conditions are met. You can choose a mode based on what you are doing or where you are. Your phone’s Settings will change to match your activity or situation.
- Find Focus mode in the Settings of your Samsung phone.
- Choose and set the desired mode and routine from the options present there, or you can add your own mode too.
- Once the conditions are met, the phone will automatically switch on the Focus mode, and you won’t be able to use the apps in that time period.
- Finally, click on Done.
Also Read: [Report] WhatsApp Mods- Stay Away From GB WhatsApp, FM WhatsApp
Looking to Sell phone online? Head to Cashify. We offer you the best buyback value for your smartphones. You can also Recycle old phone with us from your doorsteps.