How To Connect Smartphone To TV: 3 Swift Methods To Get It Done
With standardised cable formats such as the USB Type-C, HDMI, and Lightning, it is easier than ever to find Adapters or Converters online which translate one form of encoding into another, helping you mirror multimedia across hardware platforms. Softwares and Apps have also made it easier for more modern, Wi-Fi enabled TVs to wirelessly connect to your Smartphone, all of which is covered in this article by Cashify.
Highlights of the Story
Connect your Smartphone to your TV via:
- USB To browse Phone Gallery on TV
- USB to HDMI Adapter for Mirroring
- Smart TV Software and Apps for Mirroring
Ever wondered if you could connect your smartphone device to your TV? The answer is that you can if you have the right device, TV, and input adapter to suit this purpose. This informative tutorial from Cashify is a comprehensive guide to figure out if you can or can’t connect your smartphone to your TV, and how you can do that if your devices are eligible.
This tutorial covers 3 Methods. Let’s start with the simplest but most limited one.
Phone USB to TV
While feature phones seldom possess the processing power or compatibility required for connecting to a TV, modern models can play media from storage like a USB pen drive.
At most, you may connect your feature phone with a USB cable to your TV’s USB Port and be able to display the images, music, and videos stored in your device memory.
The same method applies to any Android or Apple smartphone with most modern TVs that come with a USB port to browse your device’s multimedia gallery. This method is not hands-free, and you will need to use your TVs controls to move between the content you want to see.
Via a USB to HDMI Adapter
A small investment into your entertainment setup, a USB to HDMI Adapter is a handy converter. You need an adapter that comes in micro-USB, USB Type-C, or Apple’s Lightning port variants.
It costs anywhere between Rs. 600 to Rs. 4000 depending on brand and the specific HDMI – USB combination. You can use this is as a plug-n-play port above all else.
Once you have purchased a USB to HDMI adapter which has the same specific USB Male port as accepted by your Smartphone, and an HDMI female input port that your TV can hook into, all that’s left is to-
- Connect your phone to the Adapter
- Insert your TV’s HDMI cable into the Adapter’s port,
- Select HDMI input from within your TV’s internal User Interface.
You should now be able to see your entire Smartphone screen mirrored onto your TV! HDMI has negligible lag and HD video quality.
Related Read: Infinix Will Launch Two New TVs in India
Via Smart TV Services
Depending on whether your Smart TV platform is generic, Android, or Apple, Smart TVs come with built-in streaming options.
Most Smart TVs offer smartphone to TV streaming services via Wi-Fi Direct.
On Android Devices, you can use the Wi-Fi Direct settings menu in the main settings to connect to your TV. You can also use a specialized Smart TV App that differs from brand to brand of TV.
Alternatively, try your luck with 3rd Party Apps on Google Playstore that may or may not be compatible with your setup. The Chromecast may be another good plug-n-play device for this purpose, but it also faces occasional compatibility issues.
iPhones connect easily to Apple TVs or any other Smart TV that supports Apple’s Streaming service: Airplay. Like the Playstore, the App Store also features 3rd Party Apps which may or may not work with your setup.
That was everything you needed to know about connecting your Smartphone to your TV, via 3 different methods!
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…