How To Download PUBG Mobile In India After Ban On iOS
Recently, India banned 118 chinese apps in the country which included PUBG as well. Android users could get around the ban by downloading APK and OBB files. Now, iOS users can enjoy the latest PUBG update as well via a set of simple tricks.
Highlights of the Story
- Previously, only Android alternatives were available
- Now, iOS users can enjoy the PUBG 1.0 update as well
- A simple trick of changing the location works
- VPN services can be used as well to play the game on iOS
As sideloading is not possible on iOS, Apple users could not get around the PUBG ban. The iOS security and restriction protocols do not allow this sideloading of APK and OBB files that Android users could. Jailbroken Apple devices are definitely an exception here. However, there is a workaround without the need of jailbreaking your iOS device.
To be specific, there are three ways of downloading and installing PUBG on iOS. One requires you to change the location of your country while the other via using VPN services and the final one by getting the Korean version of PUBG. Here are the steps to go about both these options.
How To Download PUBG 1.0 Update On iOS?
PUBG has risen to its popularity as the best battle royale game out there because of the addictive gameplay and visual aesthetics. However, the ban has caused many teenagers to look for alternatives and some do not even want to move on from their beloved game.
One other reason why people need to find an alternative to play the game is because of the amount of money they have spent on it. Professional PUBG players, YouTubers and many serious gamers have spent loads of money on the game. This ban was the biggest disappointment for such players. Therefore, these steps are very important for such iOS users to get back in the scene.
Method 1: Country Change
- Open the Apps section and tap on the Account icon
- Tap on your account and tap on Country/Region.
- From the pop up select any other country other than India.
- Now, provide your billing address
- Enter some random name by random text in Street Name and region
- Finally, select a region and enter a Zipcode (You can get Zip codes for the region from Google)
- Select the payment option as None.
- Save it, once done the App Store will restart itself.
- Now Search for PUBG Mobile on the App Store and you can download the game without any issue and play.
Method 2: VPN Services
Some people cannot play the game due to network provider restrictions. In such cases, a VPN server is the way to go. Although the connection might be weak and unstable, it will allow you to at least play your favorite game. However, keep in mind that there will be network lags and a big change to get banned from the game.
- Download a VPN client like the Panda VPN.
- Create accounts and login to your Client app.
- Now select USA servers from the list of servers and tap on connect.
- Keep the VPN connection as long as you want to play the game, and else you may get disconnected from the game.
Method 3: Downloading PUBG Korean Version
It is important to note that only the global version of PUBG is banned in India. This gives you a chance to download and enjoy the Korean version of the game.
The steps are as follows:
- Navigate yourself to changing the country as mentioned in Method 1.
- Now change the country to South Korea and provide necessary details.
- Search for PUBG and install the Korean version of PUBG mobile.
- Now you can play the game without any issues or the requirements of a VPN server.
However, the problem with this method is that you have to start from scratch. This is because in order to play the Korean version, you have to download a brand new account. Your old PUBG account will not work. This will definitely be a loss of progress but safer and more reliable than using a VPN.
These steps will finally allow iOS users to get back to their favorite game and enjoy the latest update. The latest update has brought a ton of graphical overhaul to the game. Furthermore, finally the much anticipated Erangel 2.0 is here.
PUBG was taken down from all play stores following the ban on Chinese applications. Since then, PUBG corporation is working hard to bring back the platform. it also cut ties with its partner, Tencent Games, a Chinese company. Tencent was the reason PUBG was banned from India.
After cutting the ties, PUBG hoped to enter into the Indian market again. But the Indian government has been creating problems for the company. Certainly, the Indian government does not want that game to be relaunched into India.
The government is duly concerned about the data security issues with the Chinese apps. PUBG corporation will have to set some solid ground rules with the government first. Only then they can hope to re-establish their market in India. PUBG is still expected to hit the Indian markets soon.
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…
- Is Google Pixel 4A a good pick in 2021? Should you invest in it right now? Read to know more.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi