How To Download PUBG Mobile In India After Ban On iOS
Recently, India banned 118 chinese apps in the country which included PUBG as well. Android users could get around the ban by downloading APK and OBB files. Now, iOS users can enjoy the latest PUBG update as well via a set of simple tricks.
Highlights of the Story
- Previously, only Android alternatives were available
- Now, iOS users can enjoy the PUBG 1.0 update as well
- A simple trick of changing the location works
- VPN services can be used as well to play the game on iOS
As sideloading is not possible on iOS, Apple users could not get around the PUBG ban. The iOS security and restriction protocols do not allow this sideloading of APK and OBB files that Android users could. Jailbroken Apple devices are definitely an exception here. However, there is a workaround without the need of jailbreaking your iOS device.
To be specific, there are three ways of downloading and installing PUBG on iOS. One requires you to change the location of your country while the other via using VPN services and the final one by getting the Korean version of PUBG. Here are the steps to go about both these options.
How To Download PUBG 1.0 Update On iOS?
PUBG has risen to its popularity as the best battle royale game out there because of the addictive gameplay and visual aesthetics. However, the ban has caused many teenagers to look for alternatives and some do not even want to move on from their beloved game.
One other reason why people need to find an alternative to play the game is because of the amount of money they have spent on it. Professional PUBG players, YouTubers and many serious gamers have spent loads of money on the game. This ban was the biggest disappointment for such players. Therefore, these steps are very important for such iOS users to get back in the scene.
Method 1: Country Change
- Open the Apps section and tap on the Account icon
- Tap on your account and tap on Country/Region.
- From the pop up select any other country other than India.
- Now, provide your billing address
- Enter some random name by random text in Street Name and region
- Finally, select a region and enter a Zipcode (You can get Zip codes for the region from Google)
- Select the payment option as None.
- Save it, once done the App Store will restart itself.
- Now Search for PUBG Mobile on the App Store and you can download the game without any issue and play.
Method 2: VPN Services
Some people cannot play the game due to network provider restrictions. In such cases, a VPN server is the way to go. Although the connection might be weak and unstable, it will allow you to at least play your favorite game. However, keep in mind that there will be network lags and a big change to get banned from the game.
- Download a VPN client like the Panda VPN.
- Create accounts and login to your Client app.
- Now select USA servers from the list of servers and tap on connect.
- Keep the VPN connection as long as you want to play the game, and else you may get disconnected from the game.
Method 3: Downloading PUBG Korean Version
It is important to note that only the global version of PUBG is banned in India. This gives you a chance to download and enjoy the Korean version of the game.
The steps are as follows:
- Navigate yourself to changing the country as mentioned in Method 1.
- Now change the country to South Korea and provide necessary details.
- Search for PUBG and install the Korean version of PUBG mobile.
- Now you can play the game without any issues or the requirements of a VPN server.
However, the problem with this method is that you have to start from scratch. This is because in order to play the Korean version, you have to download a brand new account. Your old PUBG account will not work. This will definitely be a loss of progress but safer and more reliable than using a VPN.
These steps will finally allow iOS users to get back to their favorite game and enjoy the latest update. The latest update has brought a ton of graphical overhaul to the game. Furthermore, finally the much anticipated Erangel 2.0 is here.
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
- Your smartphone is always prone to security risk by hackers. Read and watch this to know how you can keep yourself safe.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime does make a strong contender since it has a few specs of the Note 9 series as well while arriving at a most affordable price tag.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.