How To Download PUBG Mobile In India After Ban On iOS
After the ban of many Chinese apps by the Indian government, the most distraught were the PUBG Mobile players. However, PUBG has since relaunched in India with new branding as BGMI or Battleground Mobile India. The game has launched in the Google Play Store for Android users but the iOS users yet don’t have it in the App Store. Although you can’t download BGMI for iOS right now, you can play PUBG Mobile by following the below methods.
Highlights of the Story
- Previously, only Android alternatives were available
- Now, iOS users can enjoy the PUBG 1.0 update as well
- A simple trick of changing the location works
- VPN services can be used as well to play the game on iOS
As sideloading is not possible on iOS, Apple users could not get around the PUBG Mobile ban in India. The iOS security and restriction protocols do not allow this sideloading of APK and OBB files that Android users could. Jailbroken Apple devices are definitely an exception here. However, there is a workaround without the need of jailbreaking your iOS device.
To be specific, there are three ways of downloading and installing PUBG Mobile on iOS. One requires you to change the location of your country while the other via using VPN services and the final one by getting the Korean version of PUBG. Here are the steps to go about both these options.
How To Download PUBG 1.0 Update On iOS?
PUBG has risen to its popularity as the best battle royale game out there because of the addictive gameplay and visual aesthetics. However, the ban has caused many teenagers to look for alternatives and some do not even want to move on from their beloved game.
One other reason why people need to find an alternative to play the game is because of the amount of money they have spent on it. Professional PUBG players, YouTubers, and many serious gamers have spent loads of money on the game. This ban was the biggest disappointment for such players. Therefore, these steps are particularly important for such iOS users to get back into the scene.
Method 1: Country Change
- Open the Apps section and tap on the Account icon
- Tap on your account and tap on Country/Region.
- From the pop up select any other country other than India.
- Now, provide your billing address
- Enter some random name by random text in Street Name and region
- Finally, select a region and enter a Zip code (You can get Zip codes for the region from Google)
- Select the payment option as None.
- Save it, once done the App Store will restart itself.
- Now Search for PUBG Mobile on the App Store and you can download the game without any issue and play.
Method 2: VPN Services
Some people cannot play the game due to network provider restrictions. In such cases, a VPN server is a way to go. Although the connection might be weak and unstable, it will allow you to at least play your favorite game. However, keep in mind that there will be network lags and a big chance to get banned from the game.
- Download a VPN client like the Panda VPN.
- Create accounts and login to your Client app.
- Now select USA servers from the list of servers and tap on connect.
- Keep the VPN connection if you want to play the game, or else you may get disconnected from the game.
Also read: How to get Free UC in PUBG Mobile
Method 3: Downloading PUBG Korean Version
It is important to note that only the global version of PUBG is banned in India. This gives you a chance to download and enjoy the Korean version of the game.
The steps are as follows:
- Navigate yourself to changing the country as mentioned in Method 1.
- Now change the country to South Korea and provide necessary details.
- Search for PUBG and install the Korean version of PUBG mobile.
- Now you can play the game without any issues or the requirements of a VPN server.
However, the problem with this method is that you must start from nothing. This is because, to play the Korean version, you must create a brand new PUBG account. Your old PUBG account will not work. This will be a loss of progress but safer and more reliable than using a VPN. Make sure to use the above methods at your own risk. The risk of getting banned always prevails.
The best thing you could do right now is to wait until BGMI or Battlegrounds Mobile India launches for iOS. Since the Android version has already launched, they might launch the iOS version too. But as per the famous PUBG Mobile streamer Mortal, when asked on a live stream, said that he approached Krafton India for an update. Sadly, they don’t have anything strong to signal an iOS launch anytime soon.
These steps will finally allow iOS users to get back to their favorite game and enjoy the latest update. The latest update has brought a ton of graphical overhaul to the game. Furthermore, finally the much anticipated Erangel 2.0 is here.
PUBG was taken down from all play stores following the ban on Chinese applications. Since then, PUBG corporation is working hard to bring back the platform. it also cut ties with its partner, Tencent Games, a Chinese company. Tencent was the reason PUBG was banned from India.
After cutting the ties, PUBG hoped to enter into the Indian market again. But the Indian government has been creating problems for the company. Certainly, the Indian government does not want that game to be relaunched into India.
The government is duly concerned about the data security issues with the Chinese apps. PUBG corporation will have to set some solid ground rules with the government first. Only then they can hope to re-establish their market in India. PUBG is still expected to hit the Indian markets soon.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…
- There have been so many new smartphone launches in recent days. This is the reason smartphone buyers may usually get confused while buying a phone. The under Rs. 20,000 price segment has so many phones that choosing a single smartphone has become very difficult. However, we have a new launch in this price segment which…
- This article will let you know every little detail about iQOO Z3 which may not have been clear earlier. This article will clear all your doubts related to iQOO Z3 and in case you are planning to purchase the iQOO Z3, this article will answer all your questions. Today, we will be answering 25 FAQ…