How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!
Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
Highlights of the Story
- Wi-Fi passwords can be frustrating to remember and it is not easy to key in a complicated password each time you want your friend to connect to your network
- It can also be a problem when you do not want to let your friend or family member know your password while you share the network with them
- Luckily there is a simple iPhone trick that allows you to seamlessly share your Wi-Fi network with your friends
Wi-Fi networks are something we easily take for granted all the time, we have them everywhere, at our homes, schools, workplaces, and more. The one thing common with most private Wi-Fi networks is the fact that they have an unusually difficult to remember password and it is very inconvenient to pass on this password to give access to your friends.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
It can also be a major issue when you do not want your friends to know the exact password while you are willing to give them access to your network. The new iPhone feature allows users to easily share their Wi-Fi network without actually giving away the Wi-Fi password.
How to Share your Wi-Fi Network with your Friends
The process to share the Wi-Fi network is extremely easy on an iPhone and you can have your friend connected to your Wi-Fi network in a matter of moments.
Also read: Mobile Phones With The Best Display
- Unlock your iPhone or Mac and connect it to the network that you wish to share with your friend
- Ask your friend to unlock their iPhone, go to the Settings app on their iPhone and tap on your network
- A prompt should now show up on your device asking if you want to share WiFi password on iPhone
- Tap on the Share Password option to securely pass on your Wi-Fi network password to the friend who has requested it
This process allows you to save your Wi-Fi password on your friend’s phone or tablet without you having to give them even a letter or the number of your actual password and this can be extremely helpful if you want to reuse the same password somewhere else. Apple has a list of requirements that need to be met in order for this feature to work.
While we’ve used this trick before and it has worked without both the users meeting all the requirements, but it is generally a good practice to make sure these requirements are met if you are facing any trouble using this feature.
- Make sure that both the devices have the latest software installed on the device, for iOS devices such as your iPhone or iPad, go to the Settings app and open the General section, here look for the Software Update tab and see if you have any pending updates. On a Mac, open the System preferences and navigate to the Software Update section of the app to see if you have any pending updates for your Mac
- Make sure that both the devices have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on and are close to each other
- The device that is sharing the password of the Wi-Fi network needs to be connected to the same network that your friend is requesting access for
- Both the users need to have each other’s Apple ID linked email address in their contacts app for this feature to work flawlessly
While some of these requirements are negotiable and the feature might work without 100-percent compliance, it is a good idea to check and see if you are satisfying all the requirements of the feature seems to be buggy for you.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…