How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!
Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
Highlights of the Story
- Wi-Fi passwords can be frustrating to remember and it is not easy to key in a complicated password each time you want your friend to connect to your network
- It can also be a problem when you do not want to let your friend or family member know your password while you share the network with them
- Luckily there is a simple iPhone trick that allows you to seamlessly share your Wi-Fi network with your friends
Wi-Fi networks are something we easily take for granted all the time, we have them everywhere, at our homes, schools, workplaces, and more. The one thing common with most private Wi-Fi networks is the fact that they have an unusually difficult to remember password and it is very inconvenient to pass on this password to give access to your friends.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
It can also be a major issue when you do not want your friends to know the exact password while you are willing to give them access to your network. The new iPhone feature allows users to easily share their Wi-Fi network without actually giving away the Wi-Fi password.
How to Share your Wi-Fi Network with your Friends
The process to share the Wi-Fi network is extremely easy on an iPhone and you can have your friend connected to your Wi-Fi network in a matter of moments.
Also read: Mobile Phones With The Best Display
- Unlock your iPhone or Mac and connect it to the network that you wish to share with your friend
- Ask your friend to unlock their iPhone, go to the Settings app on their iPhone and tap on your network
- A prompt should now show up on your device asking if you want to share WiFi password on iPhone
- Tap on the Share Password option to securely pass on your Wi-Fi network password to the friend who has requested it
This process allows you to save your Wi-Fi password on your friend’s phone or tablet without you having to give them even a letter or the number of your actual password and this can be extremely helpful if you want to reuse the same password somewhere else. Apple has a list of requirements that need to be met in order for this feature to work.
While we’ve used this trick before and it has worked without both the users meeting all the requirements, but it is generally a good practice to make sure these requirements are met if you are facing any trouble using this feature.
- Make sure that both the devices have the latest software installed on the device, for iOS devices such as your iPhone or iPad, go to the Settings app and open the General section, here look for the Software Update tab and see if you have any pending updates. On a Mac, open the System preferences and navigate to the Software Update section of the app to see if you have any pending updates for your Mac
- Make sure that both the devices have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on and are close to each other
- The device that is sharing the password of the Wi-Fi network needs to be connected to the same network that your friend is requesting access for
- Both the users need to have each other’s Apple ID linked email address in their contacts app for this feature to work flawlessly
While some of these requirements are negotiable and the feature might work without 100-percent compliance, it is a good idea to check and see if you are satisfying all the requirements of the feature seems to be buggy for you.
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.