How To Manually Update Google Play Store To the Latest Version?
Google Play Store keeps getting updates now and then, and it is important to keep the store updated to the latest version. The OTA update can take about a few days/weeks to arrive for your device. But the best way is to download the latest apk version from apk mirror websites and install it on your smartphone.
Table Of Contents
- 1How To Manually Update Google Play Store
Highlights of the Story
- Google Play Store is the default app store on Android smartphones and it is important to keep it updated
- You can manually update the app by downloading the latest apk version from third-party apk websites
- Make sure to keep your Play Store updated to the latest version.
Google Play Store is the default app store for all Android smartphones and it keeps getting updated quite frequently. Although it’s a good thing to keep the app store updated — it might take days/weeks for the latest update to arrive on your device. If you don’t have the latest version of the Google Play Store, you can force an update on Google Play Store.
All the Google Play store updates are core updates and it might not bring something new with every update, but it does fix existing bugs and makes the app even more secure. Now you may think all applications downloaded from the Play store can be updated there itself but how to update the Play store? Google frequently updates the Play Store to fix bugs and add new features. Like all apps, the Google Play Store itself receives occasional updates. Like all apps, the Google Play Store itself receives occasional updates. So how do you do it? Here’s how you can do the latest version:
Also read: Smartphone reviews
How To Manually Update Google Play Store
Although there is no official way of updating the Google Play Store, besides waiting for the Over The Air (OTA) update to arrive. But this could take some days to arrive as these updates are rolled out in batches depending on your smartphone and your geolocation.
Step 1: Downloading via APK file
The best way to update Google Play Store is to sideload the APK file of the Play Store and install it on your smartphone. You can download the Google Play Store apk file from many trustworthy apk mirror websites and install it on your device. Here’s how to do it:
1: Download the Play Store APK from APKMirror
2: Download the app by following the website’s instructions.
3. Now a popup will appear in Google Chrome stating “This type of file can harm your device.”. Click on “OK” to close this popup and start downloading the file.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
Step 2: Enable Security Permissions
Android OS by default does not allow users to install third-party apk on the device due to security reasons. Once you download the apk file and click on it to install you will get a popup to enable Unknown Sources and once you enable it you can install the apk. Also, you can manually disable the security restriction by following the given steps. But this can help you Update Google Play Store.
- Go to the Setting Menu of your smartphone
- Go to ‘Security.’
- Find the “Unknown Sources” option and click on it and Enable it.
- A pop-up message appears. Agree with its terms and conditions and continue.
- Finally, click ‘OK.’
This will enable you to install any type of APK file from unknown sources. In some cases, search for unknown sources option in privacy settings or app settings instead of searching for it in device settings.
Step 3: Find the APK file using File Manager
The downloaded file is usually saved in the Downloads folder in the File Manager. To look for File Manager just search for “File Manager” in the app launcher screen and open the file manager and navigate to the Downloads folder and look for the file. The naming of the Google Play Store apk would be like “com.android.vending_xyz_apkmirror.com.apk” where the “xyz” represents the version number. Now, to further Update Google Play Store go to the next step.
Step 4: Manually Installing the APK
1. Once you have located the Google Play Store APK file with the File Manager as discussed in Step 3.
2. Now click on the APK file and the installation will begin.
3. A popup will be shown with the app name and a message “Do you want to install this application”. Click on Install to proceed.
In case you can’t find the file manager you can download these apps:
Step 5: Disable Unknown Sources
Once the installation process is done you can disable the app permission to disable unknown sources. To do so follow the steps below:
- Open Settings Menu
- Look for Security Settings or search for “Unknown Sources” in the search bar in the settings menu.
- Now uncheck the box in front of Unknown Sources to disable the settings.
You must keep this setting disabled to avoid the installation of any unauthorized apps.
Also Read: The Best Smartphones A Student Should Buy
Step 6: Check the Version of the new Google Play Store
To verify that the update of Google Play Store has been completed or not, you can check the version number of the Play Store. To do so:
- Launch the Play Store app.
- Slide-out the burger menu
- Tap on settings
- Scroll down to the bottom
- Look for version number under “Play Store Version” under the About section
- There you will find a ‘build number’ entry. Tap on it.
- If an update is available, you will receive a pop-up message there.
- If it needs no update you will receive a popup stating “Google Play Store is up to date”
Please note that to update the Google Play Store does not alter any data or settings available in the Play store.
Also Read: 9 Things To Do With Your New Android Phone
This sums up our guide to manually update the Google Play Store. Make sure to keep the play store updated and do check for updates every week and in case a new version is available, make sure to update it as soon as it arrives.
- We’ll compare Nothing OS Vs Oxygen OS and will know how both software integrates with your daily life. In contrast to One UI, Oxygen OS provides the closest experience to stock Android. In addition to changing the order of several headers, the OnePlus 9RT makes a few minor adjustments. However, the Nothing Phone 1, which…
- If you’re looking for a smartphone that stands out visually and has excellent performance, then the Nothing Phone 1 design is distinctive, and the device features are impressive, with a sharp display. The first thing people will observe on this phone is its lights on the backside. And next will be how it works, how…
- We’ll compare the features of the OnePlus 10 Pro Vs OnePlus 9RT, where the OnePlus 9RT has a 6.62-inch display and is driven by Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G. The OnePlus 10 Pro, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and introduced three months later, were put side by side in this comparison. You may learn…
- The Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9RT can both be compared here. You may contrast the statistics and distinctive features of Nothing Phone 1 with the OnePlus 9RT 5G. This article might clarify how the OnePlus 9RT 5G and Nothing Phone 1 compare and which one you should pick. However, the price difference between the OnePlus…
- This article will compare the Nothing Phone 1 Vs OnePlus 9 RT dedicated speed test. Both of these phones come within the same price range. However, the processors in both phones are different. Nothing Phone 1 is powered by the upper mid-range Snapdragon Qualcomm 778G+ chipset, whereas the OnePlus 9 RT comes with the Snapdragon…