How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi
Holi is here and we all know to keep our smartphones safe from getting damaged during Holi. However, if you do end up in the situation – this article will help you.
Highlights of the Story
- Holo brings fear of colors and moisture (actually, buckets and buckets of water) threatening your phone.
- As we all know, most smartphones are not completely waterproofed.
- Here are some handy tips to help you save your phone.
Holi is just around the corner and everyone is getting excited this time around. When this festival of color comes closer, everyone gets anxious about roaming around with their smartphones. Its’ time when one drenches by water balloons and color powders. However, we remember to take care of our skin and hair but we forget that most of the mobiles are not waterproof.
The colors are easy to clean whereas, everyone gets scared of water damage in our phones. As we know, it is difficult to recover a phone from water damage during Holi. Moreover, the repairing costs can leave your pockets a lot emptier.
Fortunately, we bring you some simple and handy tips that can help your phone survive this Holi.
How to prevent water damage to your smartphone during Holi
The easiest preventative measure to protect your phone is to put it inside a ziplock bag or something similar. You can buy an inexpensive pouch from Amazon, which should do the trick. This prevents water damage to the phone and also lets you use the touch screen without any problems.
A second, even cheaper method is to use a transparent, good quality balloon and stretch and insert your phone into that. Since its Holi, you’ll have water balloons all around. Get your phone inside one of them and tie a knot below. You’ll be able to still use the phone, but there’s a risk of the balloon tearing.
Another thing you can do for added security is to tape all the open ends of the phone like sim tray, charging jack, headphone jack. This step is easy to do, just be careful to ensure that all holes in the phone are covered.
If your phone gets water damage during Holi this is what you can do to save it:
- First and foremost, one should NOT use a hairdryer at all to dry their smartphones. If you use one, you will likely burn out the phone’s components in the process. So do not use it.
- Rice Box Method: In case your phone gets wet, don’t panic. Take your mobile and put it in a ziplock or plastic container filled with dry uncooked rice to absorb all the liquid inside your phone overnight. It’s better to change the phone’s position at intervals until you go to sleep. This will help any water left inside your phone to run down.
- On the other hand, silica bags can also be used instead of rice because they are also a good absorber.
However, if it still does not work out, do not worry – we are here for you! Whatever the damage is to your phone during Holi, come to us. Bring your smartphone to us at our Cashify Stores – we will sort out your phone problems on spot. We take care of everything from display to battery and so much more. We will try our very best to sort your issues. Furthermore, what’s interesting is that we will do all of this at your home too.
While these basic steps often manage to save the phone, if your phone does not turn on after the steps then Cashify is always here to help you out.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…