How To Jailbreak iPhone 12 Running iOS 14 Using Unc0ver Tool
The word Jailbreak means different things to different people, while some users want to jailbreak their devices only to get access to paid apps and games for free which would otherwise not be possible from the App Store, some other users are looking to make in-depth system-level changes to get access to new features or customize the software to their liking. Either way, the latest iOS 14 can jailbreak finally using the Unc0ver software.
Highlights of the Story
- While Jailbreak is not illegal, it will void the user’s warranty and a warranty claim can be rejected if the service center decides to do it
- Jailbreaking provides users with a plethora of options in terms of customizations and more and removes the fences enabled by apple to keep the users safe
- Users can also possibly use cracked applications on their device after Jailbreaking it
Jailbreaking an iPhone is similar to Rooting an Android phone. While Android smartphones allow much more customizations without having to root the device, most of these customizations on an iPhone are only possible after jailbreaking the device.
Similar to what we have seen in several other Jailbreak tools released in the past few years, the Unc0ver 6.0 is also semi-tethered and you will have to re-jailbreak the device after rebooting it, luckily, this process can be done easily right from the phone and you will only need access to a PC or Mac for installing the Unc0ver app for the first time.
Compatible Devices with Uncover
The Compatible list of compatible devices that can jailbreak using Uncover include:
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE (2016), iPhone SE (2020), iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, 2020 iPad Pro, 2018 iPad Pro, 2017 iPad Pro, iPad Air 4, iPad Air 3, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 5, iPad mini 4, 5th/6th/7th gen iPad.
Also read: Apple Mobile Price List In India
Pre-Requisites to Jailbreak iPhone 12
- Before initiating the process Delete any iOS 14 OTA update file from the Settings -> Storage tab and then reboot the device before attempting the Jailbreak
- Unc0ver jailbreak uses Substitute for tweak injection and Cydia for package management
- Make sure you back up all of your data before proceeding with the following Jailbreak steps
Steps to Jailbreak iPhone 12 Running on iOS 14
- To start the Jailbreak process you will need to download the AltServer from here
- Proceed to connect your iPhone to the PC or Mac over USB, the software is available for both the Computer platforms, you will have to install a Mail plugin as a part of setting up the AltStore.
- Once you have the AltServer installed, select the AltStore and then proceed to select the iPhone or iPad that you wish to Jailbreak
- You should now start seeing an AltStore icon on the home screen of your device, go to the Settings app -> General tab -> Device Management, and tap on the Apple ID to trust its Developer Certificate
- Now connect your iPhone to your PC and download the latest version of the Unc0ver from here.
- You will be prompted with an “Open In..” option and you will have to open the IPA file using the AltStore. This will start the installation process and you will have to enter your Apple ID credentials during the installation process for certificate signing, use the same account that you have used in the previous steps
- Go back to the home screen and launch the Unc0ver app and then tap on the Jailbreak button.
- You will now have to wait for the app to finish its job and your iPhone will respring during the process and you will finally see the Cydia icon on the home screen once the entire process is completed.
It is possible that sometimes the Jailbreak process will throw an error or fail, simply restart the phone and open the Unc0ver app to try and jailbreak it again. If the Unc0ver app keeps failing to jailbreak your iPhone then you need to close the app, clear all cache, restart the iPhone and then jailbreak the device again.
Also Read: How To Voice Tweet On Your iPhone!
While Jailbreaking is a common way of getting elevated access in the iOS software and is a practice followed by several users worldwide. And it is not encouraged by Cashify and we do not recommend users to tweak the iPhone without first learning about the intricate details.
It is important to know that iPhone Jailbreak will result in the void of warranty and might also result in some banking-related apps crashing. Jailbreaking might also make the software on your iPhone less secure and could result in the device being attacked by unauthorized users. So do at your own risk.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…