How To Take a Screenshot On Samsung Galaxy Note 8 In 4 Different Ways!
Taking a screenshot on a smartphone is one of the most basic functions they offer, we often tend to forget how easy and convenient it is sometimes. Samsung offers multiple ways of taking screenshots on their flagship devices and come with multiple enhancements in a typical Samsung fashion. There are multiple ways of taking a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 officially and this guide shows some of them.
Highlights of the Story
- Screenshot help capture what is one your screen and easily share it with the world
- Screenshots can be used to guide your friends and show them something when they are unable to find it
- Screenshots can be captured in multiple ways on different devices and Samsung offers additional features and ways of capturing a screenshot
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 then there are at least four different ways of taking a screenshot on the device, Samsung often comes with handy device enhancements that can make life easier and this is one such thing. Samsung comes with a host of features and functionality that is otherwise not found on other manufacturers. In this guide, we show you multiple different ways of capturing a simple screenshot on your Galaxy Note 8 smartphone.
Capture a screenshot using Hardware Buttons
This is perhaps the most straightforward ways of capturing a screenshot on a smartphone, this is commonly found on most modern Android smartphones right now. You will need to use your hardware buttons to capture a screenshot in this method since we do not have a physical home button on the device, we will need to use the power button and the volume keys to capture a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Samsung has luckily chosen to provide this functionality with the standard set of hardware controls that is present on all Android smartphones for taking the screenshot.
Step by step instructions:
- Navigate to the screen that you want to capture as a screenshot.
- Press and hold the volume down button and the power buttons simultaneously.
Capture a screenshot using the Palm Gesture
Samsung has had the palm gesture option to capture a screenshot on the device for a while now, it has been seen on multiple devices including a few old ones, this feature has been retained even on the latest One UI software updates across devices. This is similar to the hardware buttons option but only much faster and simpler. To take a screenshot using your palm gesture you simply have to swipe your palm across the display.
- Go to the Settings application and look for the advanced features option
- In advanced features tab, look for the Palm Swipe to capture option and make sure it is toggled on
- Then navigate to the screen that you want to capture for a screenshot
- Extend your palm and swipe the whole screen with the side of your hand
- This will capture a screenshot and save it in the screenshots folder of your gallery app
You will only need to go to the settings and turn on the Palm Swipe to capture feature once and it should work all the time without further interference. You will be able to proceed from the third step after that.
Capture a screenshot using the “Scroll Capture” option
Scroll Capture was once a unique feature on Samsung and a few other devices; however, it has now been replicated into most major smartphones. It allows users to grab an image of more than what the display is showing at the moment, it works out as a great option for capturing entire scrollable pages of apps in a single image. This can come very handy for web pages and other apps that have scrolling content.
- Navigate to the screen or page that you wish to capture entirely
- Use the hardware buttons or palm swipe feature that is mentioned above to initiate a screenshot
- A preview and multiple options should now show up at the bottom of the screen
- Now tap on the Scroll capture option for as much as you wish to capture
- You can alternatively draw, crop or share the image from the previous menu
- Once you have scrolled enough and captured what you were looking for then you can easily save the image
For this feature to work on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 device, ensure that you have Smart capture enabled, this can be found by navigating to the Settings application and looking for Smart Capture toggle in the Advanced Features Tab.
Capturing a screenshot using Smart Select Option
Smart select is a unique feature that is mainly found on Samsung devices running either on TouchWiz or One UI software. Smart Select enables users to create screenshots in personalized shapes such as oval or square. It allows users to put GIF animation sequences together and pin screen actions allowing them to float above the UI.
Also Read: How To Install Android Pie Update On Your Smartphone!
- Navigate to the screen that you want to capture a screenshot of
- Open the Edge panel by swiping in the designated region
- Slide left or right to change the pages until you find the Smart Select option
- You can now use your S Pen to choose Smart Select, then choose the mode of your preference
- Then use your S Pen to conveniently draw on the display and select the are that you want to screenshot
There are special features in each feature here, you can extract the text from the screenshots taken or even draw over the screenshots before sharing. The Smart Select is a feature within the Edge Panel which might be deactivated for a few, you can enable it by going to the Settings app, then open the Display section and Select Edge Screen. Now look for Edge Panels and toggle it on, then select the Smart Select in the Edge panel to make sure it is enabled.
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Top 5 Reasons To Sell Your Old iPhone 6 or iPhone 6STue, 14 Jul'20We have discussed five reasons to sell your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S
- Samsung Galaxy M31s Launched In India30 Jul 2020
You May Also ReadView All
iQOO, which emerged as a wild-card entry into this emerging smartphone market, gained a very solid reputation with just a single handset. With just the iQOO 3 available in the market, we are expecting a bunch of new offerings from the company in the coming months. Since the brand is new, buyers tend to neglect the powerful price to the performance that the company is offering. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this IQOO price list for you which would let you check IQOO devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up presently and the iQOO Z1 5G on the way, the decision to choose or wait for the right model is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive
collection of IQOO price list 2020 will allow you to see all IQOO mobiles price in India. Here you will also find complete IQOO mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list will be followed by an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world.
Lenovo, although struggling with poor smartphone sales over the past years, offers some of the decently crafted devices in the Indian market. The devices often bring satisfactory performance at a justifiable price tag. With numerous devices offering the trendiest features in its portfolio, we have combined this Lenovo mobile price list for you so you can analyse specifications and prices of all Lenovo devices available in India right now. Lenovo has smartphones mostly in the budget to the mid-range segment, so our Lenovo price comparison becomes necessary to help consumers make the correct decision when they are choosing a smartphone to invest in. So, here’s a detailed collection of Lenovo phones which would make you clear about the devices that the company offers when you see all Lenovo mobiles price in India. This complete Lenovo price list includes each and every device to help you take a closer look at what the handset offers. You can also see Lenovo mobile phone
specifications along with our Cashify expert review of each Lenovo mobile to you know exactly how the device delivers in real-life usage along with all its pros and cons.
Huawei sub-brand Honor has a lot of smartphones in its portfolio. With Honor routinely adding new devices and updating the smartphone line-up, users get puzzled when they think of getting an upgrade for their existing device. To help you make the right decision, we present you with a specially designed, detailed Honor price list 2020 for those of you planning to buy an Honor device as your next smartphone. With numerous smartphones at a very similar price range, our carefully designed Honor price list will also follow up with a very detailed and honest review by Cashify’s experts after you click on a particular phone so that you can analyse the differences between various devices. With the help of this list, you can obtain a full Honor price comparison of all the company’s devices that are in the market right now.
You will also get to know the upgrades in different models along with Honor’s latest price list India along with their respective RAM/storage variants. A quick look at these Honor specifications of a device gives you an idea about the hardware and software offerings and would get you aware about those devices which are in the market right not but not known to you.
The Taiwanese brand, Asus is one of the most prominent Smartphones brands in India. With the alluring Stock-alike UI and timely updates, the brand has recently gained a decent popularity in the Indian markets. With a focus on budget and mid-range smartphones, they offer a perfect blend of hardware and overall features. So, here is the Asus price list of handpicked Asus smartphones in India for you. This would allow hopping into with precise Asus specifications to ease out the choosing factor for you. It covers all dimensions from budget series, i.e. Zenphone to Budget Flagship ‘6z’ and most loved, the ROG series. It may make it effortless for the user to analyze the best model according to the requirements and price constraints. Asus price list India also contains all the relevant systematised information like different models, storage variants, etc. To get rid of the haunting confusion, you may go through the Expert Review from Cashify for all smartphones in the Asus price comparison and get an overview of the in-hand and out of the box experience and ease your selection process with the listed Pros and Cons.
Google has been creating Android which runs almost all the phones ever since smartphones came into the market. Google started creating its own smartphones and entered the flagship segment with the finest and refined variants from the brand in the Google Pixel Series. There are always 3 to 4 variants for every new series launched, like Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3XL, Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 3A XL, all differing by size and specs a little here and there. To make it all easier for the user to understand the best model
to choose from according to the requirements, we have speculated a detailed Google price list 2020 for the buyers. This list can be helpful in letting you know about the Google devices launched in the market and obtain a detailed Google price comparison for them. There are a lot of devices in the Google Pixel range which never make to the Indian market and there are other devices that have a major price difference in terms of storage options and availability. It can become impossible in that case to pick the best for you. This Google price list will assist you to choose one for you by letting you check out detailed expert reviews curated especially by Cashify’s experts keeping in mind the user’s requirements. This list includes information on the different models, storage variants and Google’s latest price list after analysis on the needs and budget of the consumers. The list also shares the details, internals and Google specifications of the devices you have an eye on.
Below are the top Google Mobile Phone in India: