March 14th is celebrated as Pi (π) day and you might be wondering how can we type the greek letter Pi with your keyboard. Although most people prefer typing ‘Pi‘ as a character to represent the Pi symbol. But it’s always cool to type the special character π to represent the Pi symbol.
How To Type Pi (π) Symbol
Here is a quick guide stating how you can type Pi Symbol on your Mac, iPhone, Android smartphone or Windows system.
1. How To Type Pi (π) Symbol On Mac
You can’t simply type special characters using the physical keyboard and here is how you can type Pi on your Mac. You can insert emojis, special characters, Latin and more using the ‘Character Viewer’ option on your Mac devices. Here is how to do it:
– To go to the character viewer press and hold Command + Control + Spacebar on the keyboard
– Now in the search bar at the top right type “Greek small letter pi.”
– Now select the Pi (π) symbol and click on the symbol to use it anywhere.
This is the easiest way to type the Pi symbol on your Mac. Rest you can even copy past Pi (π) Symbol from any website and use it anywhere.
Also Read: How To Make UPI Payment Via A Feature Phone?
2. How To Type Pi (π) Symbol On iPhone
Typing/inserting Pi (π) on iPhone is slightly tricky compared to Mac. Here are the steps to type the Pi symbol on iPhone.
– Navigate to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards
– Select “Add New Keyboard” and search for ‘Greek‘. And now a Greek Keyboard will be added to the keyboards list.
– Now move to notes or wherever you would like to type the Pi (π) Symbol. And click on the little globe icon at the bottom left. And this will switch to the Greek keyboard.
– Now look for the Pi symbol on the Greek Keyboard and you can now type the Pi (π) Symbol anywhere you want.
Also Read: How To Hide Photos In Apple In 2 Simple Ways
3. How To Type Pi (π) Symbol On Android Smartphone
Typing Pi Symbol on Android is much easier compared to iPhone. Here is how to type Pi (π) on your Android smartphone.
1. If you have an Android smartphone running on Stock Android, then you should have Google’s keyboard as the default keyboard. If this is not the case you can install Google Keyboard from Google Play Store. Once the keyboard is installed, open the app and complete the setup process. And make sure that Gboard (Google Keyboard) is set as the system default keyboard.
2. Now select the Numpad (?123) button at the bottom left, and this displays the special characters that you can select.
3. To show more special characters select “=/<” button and from the new set of characters, you can see the Pi (π) Symbol in the topmost row.
4. How To Type Pi (π) Symbol On Windows
The easiest way to type Pi Symbol on a system is by holding down the ‘Alt‘ key and then type these digits: ‘2 2 7‘
Now release the Alt key and you can see the Pi symbol inserted into the doc or anywhere you like to insert the Pi symbol.
Also Read: 10 Best Mobile Phones Under 20000 in India
I am an Android Enthusiast and a Ninja at content creation. I love writing anything about technology and pro at reviewing smartphones. Big time expert in multiple facets of content generation