If you are someone who loves to take a lot of photos but hates to delete those photos when it comes to cleaning up space on your device, you must know how to upload to Google photos. Google photos is home to your photos and videos. You can upload, share and keep your photos safe on Google photos. Earlier, the platform has unlimited storage space but now, you can upload up to 15GB of files on it. Post that, you will need to use the paid version.
In this article, we will talk about how to upload to Google Photos from both phones and desktops. So, let’s get started.
How to Upload to Google photos from a Phone?
If you have kept the “Back up and Sync” on, all your photos and videos will automatically be uploaded to Google Photos. However, if you want to manually upload to the Photos, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Photos on your phone and select a photo or video that you want to upload to the platform.
2. Next, click on the Cloud icon on the top-right corner of the app and your file will start uploading. You will see a message “Uploading” at the bottom of the screen.
3. In case you don’t find the cloud icon, click on the three-line present in the top-right corner of the app. You will see the option “Back up now”. Click on it to upload the photo or video to Google Photos.
4. If you want to upload the photos and videos automatically to the App, just click on the Profile Picture in the top-right corner and click on “Photos Settings”. Then, toggle the “Back up and Sync” option on.
5. If you don’t want to exceed your data limit, you can select the Mobile data usage at the bottom of the screen and set a daily limit for backups.
You can also choose the folders you want to upload to the app. Just tap on “Back up device folders” and choose which folders you want to Sync.
Furthermore, you can also choose the option to Back up and Sync over Wifi or mobile data, whichever you like.
How to upload from a desktop?
- Head to the Google Photos website on your web browser. Then, click on the Upload button at the top-right corner of the Photos page and select Computer.
2. When the Open Box opens, you can select photos and videos from your computer to upload them to the app. You can also drag the photos and videos from your desktop to Google Photos. Next, you will see a message saying “Your photos have been uploaded”.
3. Furthermore, you can also upload photos and videos to specific folders. Another thing is that you can choose to import photos and videos from Google Drive.
Note: If you want to Backup and Sync photos automatically, you need to select “Download backup and Sync” and download the free Google App for desktop.