Huawei P40 series is launched with three new models in the lineup. Huawei P40 Pro has fabulous features and premium design and comes as a direct competition to the Samsung Galaxy S20 series. This device is an absolute beauty with a lot more to offer than just a stunning 50MP camera.
Huawei P40 Pro will start shipping from May at the price tag of Euro 999. It will be available in India as well at an expected price of Rs.82,990.
Huawei P40 Pro offers cutting edge technology at a justified price for its excellent camera, blazing-fast performance and high-resolution display.
- Premium design
- Stunning camera
- 5G connectivity
- 90Hz OLED Display
- Google Services are banned that means some apps will never work
- No headphone jack
Huawei P40 Pro is a powerhouse flagship handset with a beautiful design.
Huawei P40 Pro boasts of a 6.58-inch Quad-curve Overflow Display, seen for the first time on a smartphone. The display flows over to all the edges of the metal frame in real and results in an immersive viewing. The bezels are nearly zero with a significantly big punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera and TOF sensor. The display on Huawei P40 Pro features 90Hz refresh rate on an OLED panel with a resolution of 2640X1200 pixels.
Huawei P40 Pro is so much about the design, minimalist, simple, yet so elegant. The device is a result of beautiful workmanship by Huawei and leaves a great impression in terms of design consisting of a combination of glass and metal frame. The stylish quad-camera setup on the back with LEICA branding attracts the eyes. To protect it against dust and water, IP68 rating protection is provided.
The display on the front features Quad-curve overflow technology which means four curved edges for an excellent viewing experience. There is no notch but an elliptical punch-hole cutout is present for the 32MP selfie camera on the top left corner of the display. The fingerprint scanner is also in-built in the display while you can use the FACE ID as well for the security purposes. Such type of display makes the device appear thinner and lighter and is very easy to carry around.
The Huawei P40 Pro would be available in two solid colour variants – Black and Silver Frost.
Huawei P40 Pro uses the ultra-fast Kirin 990 5G chipset with an integrated 5G SOC. This is a 7nm based octa-core processor and works better than the ordinary Kirin 990 as in Huawei P30 Pro. This is combined with 8GB RAM and 256GB onboard storage to result in outstanding performance. The storage can be expanded up to 256GB using a nano memory card.
Huawei P40 Pro runs on the EMUI 10.1 which is Huawei’s latest version based on Android 10. The Google Services and Google Play Store is banned on all Huawei devices, so Huawei provides its own Mobile services called the Huawei App Gallery. The graphics and customisations on the Home Screen and Lock Screen are very minimalist. There are a lot of other in-built apps like Huawei Music, Huawei Health, Optimiser, etc., given by Huawei in the new version of the software.
Huawei P40 Pro introduced with an all-new 50 MP Ultra Vision LEICA Quad Camera. The primary lens is a 50MP 1/1.28 inch sensor which is the largest seen on a smartphone to take pictures with super clarity. Huawei P40 Pro also has a 40MP Ultra-Wide Cine camera, dedicated for videos and ultra-wide angle shots. The third lens is the 12MP telephoto lens which enables 5X Optical Zoom, 10X Hybrid Zoom and 50X Max Zoom. The fourth one is the TOF 3D depth-sensing camera for taking perfect portrait shots and professional-level bokeh shots. The camera overall is a master and is capable of taking breath-taking pictures and videos.
On the front is the improved 32MP selfie camera with auto-focus and IR depth camera which allows to produce excellent self-portraits. The front camera also supports 4K video recording.
The Huawei P40 Pro comes packed with a battery capacity of 4200 mAh which can keep the device juiced up easily throughout the day. The AI allocation mechanism by Huawei makes power-efficient use of the battery. The phone comes bundled with a 40W Huawei SuperCharge adaptor which can easily charge the device completely in just 50 minutes. Huawei P40 Pro also supports 27W wireless charging and reverse charging as well.
Huawei P40 Pro stands the best amongst all the flagship devices for it’s beautiful design, overflow display with all curved edges, and a star-performer camera. The lack Google Play services on the device can surely cause a problem, but that’s about it.
- Bluetooth5.1, A2DP, LE
- Back Camera50 MP
- Front Camera32 MP
- Thickness0.35 inches
- Height6.23 inches
- Weight209 g
- ColorSilver Frost, Blush Gold, Deep Sea Blue, Ice White, Black
- BuildGlass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- Width2.86 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Display Size6.5 inch to 6.75 inch
- Screen Size6.58 inches
- Display Resolution1200 x 2640 pixels
- Pixel Density441 ppi
- Screen to Body Ratio91.60%
- CPUOcta-core (2x2.86 GHz Cortex-A76, 2x2.36 GHz Cortex-A76, 4x1.95 GHz Cortex-A55)
- OSAndroid 10, EMUI 10.1
- Chipset GPKirin 990 5G (7 nm+)
- GPUMali-G76 MP16
- Expandable MemoryNM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 8GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLeica optics, LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Autofocusomnidirectional PDAF, PDAF, PDAF
- Back Camera Video4K30/60fps, 1080p30/60fps, 7207680fps, 1080p960fps, HDR; gyro-EIS
- Quad Camera50 MP, f/1.9, 23mm (wide), 1/1.28", 2.44 micron12 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (periscope telephoto), 5x optical zoom40 MP, f/1.8, 18mm (ultrawide), 1/1.54"TOF 3D, (depth)
- Front Camera Video4K30/60fps, 1080p30/60fps
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- Dual Camera32 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8, 0.8 micron, AFIR TOF 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
- Audio Features32-bit/384kHz audio
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Battery Capacity4200 mAh battery
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity4000 mAh to 4200 mAh
- ChargingFast charging 40WFast wireless charging 27WFast reverse wireless charging 27W
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM/eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- GPSYes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsInfrared face recognition, fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Water ResistantIP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2020, March 26
- StatusAvailable. Released 2020, April 07
- How To Lock Apps On iPhone With A Password Or TouchID!Sun, 31 May'20Whether you want to protect your app settings or stop kids, friends, and family from seeing anything they shouldn’t this guide shows you how to lock apps on your iPhone. As of now, iOS doesn’t have an official system-wide feature allowing the locking of apps individually, so the process of locking apps is limited and very different from what we find on Android. Luckily, there are a few workarounds and this feature can be helpful in shielding your privacy and ensuring only authorized users can gain access.
- The Best Android VPN Apps 2020 EditionSun, 31 May'20VPN Stands for Virtual Private Network and these are in ever-increasing demand as they work as a security tool and help in keeping your data safe. These tools can be helpful in keeping your information protected when using a public Wi-Fi network such as the one at your Airport or Starbucks. VPN can also be useful if you want to access a website that is blocked in your region, despite a surge in VPN options it is still something a lot of people are unaware of. If you are looking around for a secure and reliable VPN, here are the top 5 options.
- How To Schedule WhatsApp Messages On Android And iOS!Sun, 31 May'20While WhatsApp comes with a tonne of amazing features, it does miss out on a feature that would make it a perfect messaging platform. WhatsApp supports media formats including images, videos, GIFs, and more. WhatsApp also comes with support for Voice and Video calling individuals and groups; Despite all this feature, WhatsApp doesn’t officially support the ability to schedule messages. If you want to remember to wish someone on their birthday or just want to send a message during work hours, scheduling a message can be very helpful.
- The Google Play Store is the official Android application marketplace provided and monitored by Google. The applications uploaded here need to go through an enduring process and will need to pass a lot of tests before being permitted to be distributed on the platform for all the users. The Google Play Store also comes with a lot of guidelines with respect to piracy and the type of app being uploaded, this prevents malicious and unauthorized apps from being uploaded. However, this extreme test also means that several useful apps do not make it to the Google Play Store. This list shows the top 5 apps that are not available on the Google Play Store.
- WhatsApp is by far the most popular instant messaging application in the world, this chatting app comes with loads of features including voice and video call support for individuals or groups. WhatsApp also allows you to share images, videos, GIFs, and more with your friends and family just by having their contact number. WhatsApp also introduced support for regional languages and now allows you to send and receive messages in Hindi and more languages. This guide shows you how to do the same.
- How To Remove Virus From Android Phone – 3 Easy Steps!Thu, 28 May'20While Android makes Smartphones more accessible to people, it is claimed to be more vulnerable to attacks and viruses. If you own an Android phone and feel that your smartphone is acting abnormally then there is a chance that it is infected by a virus or malware that is resulting in unexpected behavior. Most users tend to factory reset their smartphones when such situations arise, and this results in massive data loss. However, there are multiple other ways of dealing with this problem and you can effectively remove viruses from your Android smartphone without performing a Factory Reset and this article shows you how to do it.
- For most users switching between multiple phones on a regular basis can be a complete pain, not only do you have to ensure that all your data is backed up, but you also have to find different ways to transfer your accounts and make sure all your favorite apps get reinstalled again when you make a switch. Most reviewers do this on an extremely regular basis as we switch from one smartphone to the other in the pursuit of the ultimate best, we use some of the below-mentioned tools that come handy during the switch
- How To Share Location On WhatsApp!Wed, 27 May'20We have all probably been in a situation where we go out with friends in a crowded place such as a mall, park or an exhibition center and get lost in it. These are situations where it would be very helpful if we could find the location of our friends and navigate our way to them. Luckily, WhatsApp comes with an option that allows you to share your location or your live location to a single user or a group of users.
- Best Smartphones Under 15000Wed, 27 May'20There are a number of smartphones available in the different segments but when it comes to choose one and buy for someone or suggest to someone, we all get totally confused especially, when someone asks to suggest the best smartphones under 15000. This is because in the mid-range segment there are so many brands and…
- For some unknown reasons we often come across laptops without a good quality webcam, even Apple’s own MacBook line up has an average webcam. While the webcam in most laptops might be enough for average users, it might look bad if you have an important meet or a live stream that is viewed by multiple people. Luckily, iPhones and most modern Android smartphones come with good front and rear cameras, however, in most cases the applications we use on our laptops might not be available for the smartphones in the form of an app or we need to be on the Laptop for some specific tasks. If you find yourself in this situation, this guide is for you
- 7.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M01₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreRealme X3 SuperZoomAdd to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9AAdd to compare
- 8spec scorePoco F2 ProAdd to compare
- 7.5spec scoreTecno Spark 5Add to compare
- 8spec scoreXiaomi Mi Note 10 LiteAdd to compare
- 8.1spec scoreXiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max₹16,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreInfinix Hot 9 Pro₹9,499Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSony Xperia 10 IIAdd to compare
- 7.5spec scoreRealme Narzo 10A₹8,499Add to compare