Apple recently released iOS version 15, a new operating system for iPhones that includes a slew of design tweaks ranging from rounded corners to removing things from the screen that will blow your mind. And in this article, we’ll compare and discuss two different versions of iOS, iOS 14 vs iOS 15, to have a better understanding of how they differ.
Widgets, the App Library, and Siri shrinking down to a small globe rather than taking up the entire screen when you ask it a question were among the major changes made to the iPhone interface in iOS 14.
Instead of focusing on new features for its main apps, such as FaceTime, Apple Music, Photos, Maps, and Safari, Apple has kept things very much the same with iOS 15.
iOS 15 vs iOS 14 – What’s New
The home screen is identical, but with the addition of widgets, which is a fantastic way to get important information out of the app quickly.
Messages is another place where iOS 15 improves. When people send you links to music, online articles, podcasts, or images from a trip you’ve made together, these will automatically be saved in the new Shared With You section, which appears in Apple Music, Podcasts, Photos, Safari, and Apple News, depending on which is the most relevant.
In iOS 15, Safari receives a few important improvements. A minimised tab bar will now appear at the bottom of the screen, allowing you to quickly slide between open tabs. Plus, you can now make Tab Groups, which is fantastic. As the name implies, these are collections of tabs that are saved in a folder so that you may access them all later.
The Maps app has a new look, with clearer maps and various design twists in the icons and other aspects. Now, I believe it is better than Google Maps in some way.
Apple has also enhanced the sound quality on FaceTime chats with new Spatial Audio, which means that people’s voices come from when they’re on the screen, which will be especially beneficial with the new group FaceTime grid structure.
Portrait mode is a new feature that allows you to blur the backgrounds of your surroundings, which is ideal if you haven’t had time to clean up before an important office call.
You can now share tracks from Apple Music or view movies and TV episodes while on a FaceTime call, with everyone being able to see and hear the media. FaceTime can now conduct presentations in addition to the usual video conversations offered on iOS 14. This feature also applies to sharing your screen, making it a true competitor for Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
Control Center looks unchanged, but iOS 15 introduces new controls that allow users to perform a variety of tasks with ease. The layout appears when you switch to do not disturb mode, which is where the major change occurs.
Should I Upgrade to iOS 15?
In iOS 15, FaceTime will now be a feasible alternative to Zoom and Microsoft Teams. The addition of the Shared With You feature to Messages will make things a bit easier when trying to remember what your friend sent you.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…