Is It Worth Buying Apple iPhone SE 2 In 2021?
The iPhone SE 2020 was announced a year ago and the device is quite powerful having almost the same specifications as the iPhone 11 and a decent rear camera module. Here’s why one should consider buying the iPhone SE 2 in 2021.
Highlights of the Story
- iPhone SE 2020 is an upgrade to the 4-year-old iPhone SE. The device is compact in size and a lot of users love it for its form factor.
- Powered by A13 Bionic Chipset and a decent camera at the rear, the device performs quite well for casual users.
- Here’s why the iPhone SE 2 is still worth buying in 2020
The iPhone SE 2020 was launched about a year ago in India and was made available as a mid-range flagship device from Apple. It looks outdated in terms of design as it mimics the same old traditional Apple design but the device is just as fast as the iPhone 11 and is compact enough to use with one hand. And it also offers some of the most advanced photography features of Apple flagships, including the Portrait mode.
Talking about the specifications of the iPhone SE 2020, it features a 4.7-inch Retina IPS LCD and is powered by the Apple A13 Bionic. The device is available in three variant which is 64GB, 128GB, 256GB internal storage.
In the camera department, the device has a single rear camera of 12MP and a 7MP selfie camera. Other features include a 1821mAh battery with 18W fast charging and a front fingerprint sensor (TouchID).
Also read: Apple Mobile Price List In India
Why is iPhone SE 2020 still worth buying in 2021?
Apple A13 Bionic processor
This the main spotlight of the device. A13 Bionic is the same chip that also powers the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. If we compare it in terms of raw CPU performance, the iPhone SE 2020 is about 2.4 times faster than the original iPhone SE and 1.4 times faster than the iPhone 8. This makes the device perform like a beast.
The iPhone SE has only a single rear 12MP and front 7MP camera but those are incredible in terms of photography and videography. The iPhone SE supports Portrait mode with depth control and 6 Portrait Lighting effects, and Smart HDR that helps to intelligently re-light recognized subjects.
Also Read: Top 6 iPhone XR Hidden Tips And Tricks
The iPhone SE has a premium look and feels premium as it is made of glass back and a 7000 series aluminum frame. The iPhone SE is also IP67 water-resistant so it can be kept submerged in water for up to 30 minutes. The device features a Touch ID and it comes with the support of wireless charging up to 7.5W.
Everything is not always gold
The iPhone SE 2020 design dates back to the days of the iPhone 7 and 8 which has a 16:9 aspect ratio with thick bezels. Though it’s a compact device still doesn’t catch up to the design and display advancements of 2021. Another thing that had been skipped by apple is the Night Mode which is reserved for the flagship iPhone 12 models and decided to not make it arrive in the iPhone SE 2020 even if the hardware is capable of it.
So, should you buy it in 2020
Apple iPhone SE is indeed an awesome buy and at the price of Rs. 39,990 which is about 10% cheaper than the iPhone XR, is still a decent option to consider. It has very capable hardware which includes the beastly Apple A13 Bionic and those flagship-level cameras. If you are okay with the thick bezels and small screen, it is one of the best ways to enter into Apple’s ecosystem at a budget price.
Also Read: Apple iPhone SE 2 Review
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…