Highlights of the Story
- ASUS ROG Phone II has finally received its much anticipated Android 11 update.
- The update carries the 18.0210.2111.160 Build.
- We get to see a new in-built screen recorder, conversations section for notifications and more.
It goes without saying that the when ASUS launched their very first ROG device back in 2018, it brought a revolution to gaming smartphones in general. After the ASUS ROG phone launch, we got to see the ASUS ROG Phone II go official the very next year. Now, after two years, the device is also getting its much anticipated Android 11 update.
In fact, according to folks over at XDA Developers, device users have started receiving the update from November 23, 2021, itself. From a brand new in-built screen recorder to privacy enhancements and more, here is a quick rundown of everything new Android 11 has brought to the ASUS ROG Phone II!
ASUS ROG Phone II Android 11 Update Changelog (Translated)
The Android 11 update changelog for the ASUS ROG Phone II has been listed on the official Chinese website of the brand. Thanks to MySmartPrice, we get a quick look at the Chinese translation of the changelog. Here is what the brand new Android 11 update brings to the device:
- System is updated to Android 11 OS.
- Certain third-party software have not received Android 11 compatibility for now.
- We get to see the brand new ROG UI design via the update.
- The ASUS Armoury Crate, Game Wizard, Settings, Recording Software, One-Key Switch, Boot Wizard and other applications have been updated.
- Improved file access permission control and overall privacy has been enhanced.
- Bluetooth connectivity can now be maintained even when flying mode is turned on.
- Bringing the brand new Android 11 notification shade design. This allows users to see ongoing conversations on the notification panel.
- We get to see a new One-Handed design on the device.
- In Recent Apps, users can now long press an app icon to get further options like lock the app, take a screenshot or share.
- Users can now view their blocked calls list in the call log settings of their device.
- In order to maintain the consistency of the display, the status bar icon has been fine tuned.
- We get a new group alarm function.
- Picture library of the ASUS ROG Phone II now gets support for a new editing page.
How to Check for Android 11 Update?
To check for the update:
Step 1: Head over to your device settings.
Step 2: In here, go to About Phone.
Step 3: Then, tap on System Update. Check for updates and if you have received the update, download and install. Your device will reboot and you have finally updated your ASUS ROG Phone II to Android 11 OS.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…